Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance! watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think they can leave us with only 5 gigs and 3 stadium gigs for the whole tour... bit ****** really.

ReputationRep:
    Better do a proper UK tour, and when I say proper, I mean including Newcastle dammit! I can't remember the last time they played Newcastle, my brothers had to go to Glasgow or Manchester to see them before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    I can no longer go to the manchester gig :<

so yeah, 2 tickets for sale if you know anybody

When is the Manchester gig and how much would you be selling these for >< x
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    A week on Saturday and I will be at Wembley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieelizabeth)
    When is the Manchester gig and how much would you be selling these for >< x
    PM'd

ReputationRep:
    i got my tickets for Friday at Wembley :excited: but will be putting one of my tickets on ebay cos i need the monies :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    i got my tickets for Friday at Wembley :excited: but will be putting one of my tickets on ebay cos i need the monies :emo:
    :slap:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)

i spent £70 on train tickets yesterday :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)

i spent £70 on train tickets yesterday :emo:
    Ouch

ReputationRep:

... and with iTunes 10 they can finally count the number of plays.

Guiding Light :hahaha:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Got 1 standing ticket for sale for the Wembley gig on the 10th, £42, PM me if interested.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Got a standing ticket for sale for Wembley this Friday. Only looking to sell on at face value. Send me a PM if interested. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me out. Why does EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD (THAT ARE ENGLISH) love muse? They have one good album, The Resistance and a scattering of good tracks. What is so amazing?

(Original post by My Alt)
    Can someone help me out. Why does EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD (THAT ARE ENGLISH) love muse? They have one good album, The Resistance and a scattering of good tracks. What is so amazing?
    Naturally, you're exaggerating. There are plenty of people, yourself included, who dislike Muse. Each to their own.
    However, I think it's unfair to say they have more than 'one good album.' They construct songs that are appealing (not to all, but they have consistently maintained their fans from the start) and that people like to listen to. The fact they've been around for a fair amount of time, putting on shows that people want to see and do it for the fans. The image they give is selfless, whether that be a true representation or not. The more you include/'do it for' the fans, the more popular you will be..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Naturally, you're exaggerating. There are plenty of people, yourself included, who dislike Muse. Each to their own.
    However, I think it's unfair to say they have more than 'one good album.' They construct songs that are appealing (not to all, but they have consistently maintained their fans from the start) and that people like to listen to. The fact they've been around for a fair amount of time, putting on shows that people want to see and do it for the fans. The image they give is selfless, whether that be a true representation or not. The more you include/'do it for' the fans, the more popular you will be..
    OK, in terms of British Music, I haven't seen another band that seems so well loved by so many people. I would say they're definitely the most popular band that Britain has produced in the last 10 years. So sure, I do exaggurate what I've just said is what I wanted to say more accurately.

To be fair, I've heard people who claim to be die hard fans but claim that the resistance is terrible. That always seems to be the cast though, just because bands change stuck up "original" fans get annoyed when their favourite band comes into the limelight whilst failing to appreciate that the stuff they're doing is still good. c.f. Crystal Castles, Pendulum, Kings of Leon...

I see your point though, but still "doing it for the fans" works for a lot of bands, but none seem to have as extensive a fanbase as muse. (Pretty much the only band to have a successful society on TSR as an example)

ReputationRep:
    OMHYGOD
    MUSE WERE AMAZING LAST NIGHT....emphasis on AMAZING!

They played citizen erased....I moshed like a crazy person. I got kicked in the head, punched in the face with numerous elbows, nearly fell over in a mosh pit that I was dragged into but it was all worth it. :woo:

pics in the spoiler for those that don't want to ruin it for Wembley.....which by the way, will not beat Manchester :awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    x
    Perkins, we await your Manc verdict :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    OMHYGOD
    MUSE WERE AMAZING LAST NIGHT....emphasis on AMAZING!

They played citizen erased....I moshed like a crazy person. I got kicked in the head, punched in the face with numerous elbows, nearly fell over in a mosh pit that I was dragged into but it was all worth it. :woo:

pics in the spoiler for those that don't want to ruin it for Wembley.....which by the way, will not beat Manchester :awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show

What is Dom wearing? :wtf:

(Original post by My Alt)
    OK, in terms of British Music, I haven't seen another band that seems so well loved by so many people. I would say they're definitely the most popular band that Britain has produced in the last 10 years. So sure, I do exaggurate what I've just said is what I wanted to say more accurately.

To be fair, I've heard people who claim to be die hard fans but claim that the resistance is terrible. That always seems to be the cast though, just because bands change stuck up "original" fans get annoyed when their favourite band comes into the limelight whilst failing to appreciate that the stuff they're doing is still good. c.f. Crystal Castles, Pendulum, Kings of Leon...

I see your point though, but still "doing it for the fans" works for a lot of bands, but none seem to have as extensive a fanbase as muse. (Pretty much the only band to have a successful society on TSR as an example)
    They are very successful yes. I'd also say that Coldplay have kept up standards and have been more successful that Muse? I could be biased though, I like both the bands a lot. What I will say about Coldplay is though, the fanbase as liked all the albums, not suffering from what you've described in your 2nd paragraph.

I'll admit, I don't like the Kings of Leon most recent album (or even 'Because of the Times'). I very much liked Aha Shake Heartbreak and the music from that album is the only music I consistently listen to by Kings Of Leon. (But this is going away from the original topic :p:).

I definitely haven't done Muse justice by only highlighting that aspect of them. I can't argue that competently on any topic on here in fairness (probably why I'm a moderator ). However, their music is inoffensive and isn't all in your face. Songs from their most album can be played on any radio station without many people complaining at all. They're very much a 'bridge' band for some people. Some people may stick to one particular genre, but they may like Muse songs and this could lead to them finding other similar artists. They just make very appealing songs, well, certainly nowadays.
    (I apologise for the amount of generalising there..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    They are very successful yes. I'd also say that Coldplay have kept up standards and have been more successful that Muse? I could be biased though, I like both the bands a lot. What I will say about Coldplay is though, the fanbase as liked all the albums, not suffering from what you've described in your 2nd paragraph.

I'll admit, I don't like the Kings of Leon most recent album (or even 'Because of the Times'). I very much liked Aha Shake Heartbreak and the music from that album is the only music I consistently listen to by Kings Of Leon. (But this is going away from the original topic :p:).

I definitely haven't done Muse justice by only highlighting that aspect of them. I can't argue that competently on any topic on here in fairness (probably why I'm a moderator ). However, their music is inoffensive and isn't all in your face. Songs from their most album can be played on any radio station without many people complaining at all. They're very much a 'bridge' band for some people. Some people may stick to one particular genre, but they may like Muse songs and this could lead to them finding other similar artists. They just make very appealing songs, well, certainly nowadays.
    (I apologise for the amount of generalising there..)
    Coldplay is a fair challenge. I can definitely see what you mean there. Although I've met more people that say they like Muse than Coldplay for some reason. Perhaps because it's "cooler" to like Muse than it is to like Coldplay, especially if you're 14 / 15 or whenever you first get into that sort of stuff. The difference for me is I can see a lot more clearly why people like Coldplay so much :P

I really like Because of the Times, it's definitely my favourite Kings Of Leon album. Knocked Up, Ragoo and Fans are all genius songs. On Only By The Night, the mainstream tracks are quite good, but overplayed so you get quite tired of them and quickly :P Closer and Cold Desert are absolute gems, though.

I see what you mean by the bridge aspect, going back to being 13 / 14 years old again it was definitely what people were using to get into rock, that, then lost prophets and that sort of thing. Time is running out was pretty genius. Indie Rock is also the sort of thing if I remember rightly. Muse probably played a large part in growing up and getting into the genre, I imagine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.