Turn on thread page Beta

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance! watch

ReputationRep:
    Queen are back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJA)
    Queen are back
    God I hope not. Muse are so much better :p: And they have, what, half as many band members?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    General consensus on the Muse forums is that if the final key isn't activated, then Collateral Damage will be released as well, which is the final 2 minutes or so of USoE.
    Ooh I like that idea. I hope it's true (and people don't activate it, of course!)

What the hell is wrong with songs sounding like other songs? No-one seems to care that Viva La Vida is obviously a complete rip-off of a Joe Satriani song, the difference being that few have heard of old Joe. Besides, You can't get better inspiration than Queen.

As for the similarity: It's mainly similar (two second snippets aside) because of the big piano anthemic sound. But that's what Muse are all about anyway; they're (largely) being themselves in that respect.

Personally I love the song. I ain't saying that as a fan either; I'm saying that as an appreciator of music :yep:

ReputationRep:
    General consensus on the Muse forums is that if the final key isn't activated, then Collateral Damage will be released as well, which is the final 2 minutes or so of USoE.
    It most probably will be activated. If you were given the chance to hear two minutes more of music or get free tickets and meet the band which would you choose?

ReputationRep:
    God I hope not. Muse are so much better :p: And they have, what, half as many band members?
    Rather Queen worship than Radiohead worship lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    It most probably will be activated. If you were given the chance to hear two minutes more of music or get free tickets and meet the band which would you choose?
    Yeah, but the whole point of USoE is, being influenced by The Grand Chessboard, that America does not recognize the USoE. That's the direction Muse want this to go in. They're testing the finder of the key. One of their first Tweets was "To recognize, or not to recognize. That is the big question. Look to the Grand Chessboard for answers.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but the whole point of USoE is, being influenced by The Grand Chessboard, that America does not recognize the USoE. That's the direction Muse want this to go in. They're testing the finder of the key. One of their first Tweets was "To recognize, or not to recognize. That is the big question. Look to the Grand Chessboard for answers.
    Oh of course, I know that's what they're getting at, but doesn't change the fact that someone will probably be selfish and claim the prize instead of just leaving it. Or can they go and get the key, not activate it and still win the prize?

ReputationRep:
    Oh of course, I know that's what they're getting at, but doesn't change the fact that someone will probably be selfish and claim the prize instead of just leaving it. Or can they go and get the key, not activate it and still win the prize?
    I'm not sure, but I doubt it's as easy as "tickets or no tickets"

ReputationRep:
    :eek3: thats a decision and a half.

ReputationRep:
    Just heard it on Radio 1.

Official Verdict: Alright.

ReputationRep:
    ohh interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Just heard it on Radio 1.

Official Verdict: Alright.
    I don't believe you. Radio 1 would never play good music :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe you. Radio 1 would never play good music :eek2:
    It wasn't good music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    It wasn't good music.
    Oh reems, you so crazeh! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Well frankly i think i'm disappointed.
    Whilst my opinion of you is still low, I do slightly agree with you.

I think it will be a fairly decent album song.. but i'm slightly disappointed.. the beginning was awesome but perhaps it built itself up too much? :dontknow:

Although i'm listening to it more and more and i'm liking it slightly more after ever listen.. so I think it might be a grow-er..

Don't hate me guys :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Whilst my opinion of you is still low, I do slightly agree with you.

I think it will be a fairly decent album song.. but i'm slightly disappointed.. the beginning was awesome but perhaps it built itself up too much? :dontknow:

Although i'm listening to it more and more and i'm liking it slightly more after ever listen.. so I think it might be a grow-er..

Don't hate me guys :puppyeyes:
    I don't hate you
    I like it, but my opinion is the opposite to yours. I find the start meh, but then I feel like that about most slower muse stuff. I love the rest, other then the parts that are obviously Queen. Nothing wrong with channelling an awesome band, its just i'd rather listen to Muse and hear Muse not Queen. As a whole though, I love it the slow part has its place for sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I don't hate you
    I like it, but my opinion is the opposite to yours. I find the start meh, but then I feel like that about most slower muse stuff. I love the rest, other then the parts that are obviously Queen. Nothing wrong with channelling an awesome band, its just i'd rather listen to Muse and hear Muse not Queen. As a whole though, I love it the slow part has its place for sure
    :yep:

As I said, it's growing on me.. I can't wait for the rest of the album though :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    it's mainly the queen-esque parts that i'm not-so keen on..

ReputationRep:
    Zane Lowe played USoE twice apparently. What happened to playing the first single? :dunno:

Nothing else has been played without me realising, has it?

Also, the more I play USoE the more I'm inclined to say it isn't amazing, rather very good. I'm still really taken aback by how different it is, however. Also, I'm starting to think the first minute is really disjointed from the rest of the song; I really like the first minute and feel it could have way more presence in a mellower song. Now that I mention it though, the entire song seems to have a disjointed feel to it. Maybe that's a product of their six part release? :dunno:

ReputationRep:
    So, when are we hoping to have a meet? I'm not seriously going to have any money until maybe September, but would like it if the weather was nice if we did this.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.