Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im back :coma: that was ******* awesome :coma: so much better than when i was at the O2, this time i was standing instead of seating, i couldnt see much at times cos of my height but boy was it good :sogood: Starlight, Unatural Selection, Plug in Baby, Stockholm Syndrome :coma: the atmosphere is just so much better when youre standing :yep: there was also a song earlier on which i dont think ive ever heard of :ninja:

Matt Bellamy oof :sexface:

no homo :ninja:

i got a great view of them when they were on that weird lift thing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Think you probably mean Neutron Star Collision as the song you've never heard of, cause it was written specially for bloody twilight. Would have liked to have been standing tonight but only could get level 5 tickets. It was a fantastic view of all the effects and visuals (which were all stunning, especially the UFO with acrobat hanging off it!) and you could see the band but it did seem that people around me weren't hugely interested in the band at all, some of who left before the last encore! Although apart from not standing except for the last few songs when I decided I wanted to properly enjoy Plug in Baby and Knights, it was a fantastic gig in such a brilliant stadium which I'd never been to before!

Yes it was missing good setlist surprises which would have been great (i.e. Ruled by Secrecy, Bliss, etc.) but the band were of course on fire as usual, so that made up for it. Highlights of the gig for me have to Exogenesis, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria and of course KOC at the end, epic!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wooo I'm going today, only regret maybe I should have got standing tickets rather than seated ones.

ReputationRep:
    MASSIVE SPOILER...FOR PEOPLE GOING TONIGHT DO NOT LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Muse are strongly rumoures to be playing Exo in full tonight....with apparent confirmation from stage crew http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=...postcount=3275
    but of course it could be a load of bull :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am going today.
    SO EXCITED!
    Got quite crappy seats. But oh well I'M GOING.

ReputationRep:
    MK Ultra and Bliss already :mad2:

EDIT: Ruled by Secrecy too :mad2:

Lol, still on the coach outside Wembley! But, erm yeah, that really was ******* awesome! Got there damn early, but the views were so worth it! :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Would be cool if they played Download next year.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer fridays setlist with map of the problematique and citizen erased which are 2 of my fave MUSE songs.

i would have been gutted if i had gone on saturday.

ReputationRep:
    so you guys got; citizen erased, ruled by secrecy, bliss and mk ultra.....so not fair
    Although I got to see my favourite Muse song (CE) live anyway so i'm happy

ReputationRep:
    Lucky for getting all that! I'm just still so happy from the Knights of Cydonia ending on Friday that I almost don't care though! MUUUUUUUUUUUSE FTW :love:

ReputationRep:
    One of the girls from work tried calling me when the boys were playing Citizen Erased, but I was in the ******* briefing for work :emo: Still, being in the cloakroom at work, I can listen to whatever music I want. And I just happened to have Origin with me :awesome:

Also, I'm totally not lying, or jealous, when I say that I've heard fro ma reliable source that Bells has a phobia of short people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    I prefer fridays setlist with map of the problematique and citizen erased which are 2 of my fave MUSE songs.

i would have been gutted if i had gone on saturday.
    wrong way round (differences between the two nights in bold) :

Friday
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Uprising (extended)
    Supermassive Black Hole
    New Born + Township Rebellion riff (watch)
    Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)
    Glastonbury 2004 intro + Butterflies & Hurricanes

Guiding Light
    Interlude + Hysteria
    Nishe
    United States of Eurasia
    I Belong to You (Mon Cœur S'ouvre à Ta Voix)
    Feeling Good
    MK Jam
    Undisclosed Desires
    Adagio in G minor + Resistance
    Starlight
    House of the Rising Sun riff + Time Is Running Out + Power of Soul riff
    Unnatural Selection
    Encore 1
    Soldier's Poem
    Exogenesis: Symphony Part I: Overture (watch)
    Stockholm Syndrome + School riff + Endless Nameless riff
    Encore 2
    Take a Bow
    Plug In Baby
    Man with a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

Saturday
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Uprising (extended)
    Supermassive Black Hole
    MK Ultra
    Map of the Problematique + Who Knows Who riff
    Bliss (long)

Guiding Light
    Interlude + Hysteria + Back in Black outro
    Citizen Erased
    Nishe
    United States of Eurasia
    Ruled by Secrecy
    Feeling Good
    MK Jam
    Undisclosed Desires
    Resistance
    Starlight
    House of the Rising Sun riff + Time Is Running Out + Voodoo Child (Slight Return) riff + Jimmy Jam
    Unnatural Selection
    Encore 1
    Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
    Encore 2
    Take a Bow
    Plug In Baby
    Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia

So glad I went on Saturday, Bliss :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    wrong way round (differences between the two nights in bold) :

Friday
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Uprising (extended)
    Supermassive Black Hole
    New Born + Township Rebellion riff (watch)
    Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)
    Glastonbury 2004 intro + Butterflies & Hurricanes

Guiding Light
    Interlude + Hysteria
    Nishe
    United States of Eurasia
    I Belong to You (Mon Cœur S'ouvre à Ta Voix)
    Feeling Good
    MK Jam
    Undisclosed Desires
    Adagio in G minor + Resistance
    Starlight
    House of the Rising Sun riff + Time Is Running Out + Power of Soul riff
    Unnatural Selection
    Encore 1
    Soldier's Poem
    Exogenesis: Symphony Part I: Overture (watch)
    Encore 2
    Take a Bow
    Plug In Baby
    Man with a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

Saturday
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Uprising (extended)
    Supermassive Black Hole
    MK Ultra
    Map of the Problematique + Who Knows Who riff
    Bliss (long)

Guiding Light
    Interlude + Hysteria + Back in Black outro
    Citizen Erased
    Nishe
    United States of Eurasia
    Ruled by Secrecy
    Feeling Good
    MK Jam
    Undisclosed Desires
    Resistance
    Starlight
    House of the Rising Sun riff + Time Is Running Out + Voodoo Child (Slight Return) riff + Jimmy Jam
    Unnatural Selection
    Encore 1
    Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
    Encore 2
    Take a Bow
    Plug In Baby
    Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia

So glad I went on Saturday, Bliss :love:
    I'd have much rather have gone to the Saturday one, if I went to any. Ruled by Secrecy and Citizen Erased are two of my more highly regarded Muse songs. Plus, they played Soldier's Poem on Friday. Hah!

It would've been nice to have New Born last night, but Bliss and Citizen Erased (:sogood:) made up for it :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    ta to whoever neg repped me. the pics were in a spoiler tab :rolleyes:
    It was me. I definitely remember having to look away for quite a lot of page 239 of the thread because you didn't put pictures in spoiler tags. You seem to have covered your tracks though so I'll obviously look like a ****.

The worst thing IMO is that you told us that they played Citizen Erased (which remains unspoilered in your previous post), which was a HUGE spoiler for me. It was awesome at Wembley last night, sure, but I was half-expecting it because of your post. So yeah, thanks for that :rolleyes:

You may not have been posting in here for long, but I was threatening to neg any spoilers months before the gigs. I wouldn't mind people reacting to the gigs in the slightest so long as they use spoiler tags!

Anywho, I don't see the need to use spoiler tags now, but be aware I'm going to talk about the 11th gig from this point on (say if you're going to a US/Aussie gig):

Alllllllright they were awesome last night. I feel for anyone who went on the Friday and got Neutron Star Collision and I Belong to You, say, instead of Citizen Erased, Bliss and RULED BY ******* SECRECY. Glad I unsubbed from the thread because I'da been expecting RULED BY ******* SECRECY two days ago otherwise :awesome:

Incidentally, if anyone heard a guy scream like a little girl two seconds after RULED BY ******* SECRECY started... Yeah, that was me. The guy I was with had to calm me down a bit. I was absolutely stunned that they were playing one of my favourite songs evar. I think the guys come on TSR and watch my posts :p:

OOH and I liked the use of (what I think was) Forced In between encores. Pretty sure it was a recording but it got me going for a minute. BUT who decided that we'd happily hear Guiding ***** at the expense of New Born? :wtf:

Dom looks hilarious when he's playing the drums. We were right under him (and Chris) for (what I'm guessing was) MK Jam and he looked like a right retard :hahaha:

Everyone should go and listen to I am Arrows. They were really bloody good. In fact all the supports were good! I don't like White Lies one jot myself, but fair play to them they're pretty decent live.

I won't quote that mass of post, but Johnny, according to setlist.fm Muse didn't play Citizen Erased on Friday? :dontknow: I'm so glad they played it last night though! :coma:

I couldn't have been far from you the way you describe being under Chris and Dom? That was when they cam out on the extender platform, no? I could like, see every detail of them I was that close when they came out! I was lucky to get up to the barrier though. :holmes:

I'm also of the opinion that the music of I Am Arrows is better as a studio recording. I heard them before yesterday and I was curious as to how they would pull off something live. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    It was me. I definitely remember having to look away for quite a lot of page 239 of the thread because you didn't put pictures in spoiler tags. You seem to have covered your tracks though so I'll obviously look like a ****.

The worst thing IMO is that you told us that they played Citizen Erased (which remains unspoilered in your previous post), which was a HUGE spoiler for me. It was awesome at Wembley last night, sure, but I was half-expecting it because of your post. So yeah, thanks for that :rolleyes:

You may not have been posting in here for long, but I was threatening to neg any spoilers months before the gigs. I wouldn't mind people reacting to the gigs in the slightest so long as they use spoiler tags!

Anywho, I don't see the need to use spoiler tags now, but be aware I'm going to talk about the 11th gig from this point on (say if you're going to a US/Aussie gig):

well thanks for letting me know anyway, I don't take this repping business too seriously
    I did put the first pics in spoilers but sorry I ruined that surprise for you, I was kinda amazed that I got to see it so I guess I was over excited :o:

ReputationRep:
    Goddamn camera. I'm trying to record something for this thread, but it won't work on Windows 7, and the memory is big enough to finish the recording.

I might have to install XP onto a virtual machine :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    I won't quote that mass of post, but Johnny, according to setlist.fm Muse didn't play Citizen Erased on Friday? :dontknow: I'm so glad they played it last night though! :coma:

I couldn't have been far from you the way you describe being under Chris and Dom? That was when they cam out on the extender platform, no? I could like, see every detail of them I was that close when they came out! I was lucky to get up to the barrier though. :holmes:

I'm also of the opinion that the music of I Am Arrows is better as a studio recording. I heard them before yesterday and I was curious as to how they would pull off something live. :erm:
    http://musewiki.org/London_Wembley_S...ig%29#Set_list
    http://musewiki.org/London_Wembley_S...ig%29#Set_list

Indeed-io pal :holmes:

I couldn't see Matt at all when they were playing Take a Bow, but he did peer over and give us a cheeky grin when he wasn't playing. I could only ever see one band member when they were rotating on it during Undisclosed Desires. We were immediately to the right of the thing when it was fully extended. Yes yes I know that's miles back for a hardcore, but from the looks of it I'd rather have been there and be able to see all the visuals than right on the barrier! Plus circle pits were opening right around me for pretty much very song in the first half which is always a bonus.

On an unrelated note, I was next to one of these emo Twilight **** throughout the supports. She kept drawing the Muse logo on her hands with love hearts, while complaining about supports; for example I overheard her say she'd "heard of" Biffy, but she said it in a really rather unconvincing way and decided to play with her phone (and drew more on herself) during their set. She also kept sitting her arse down on the floor, in a way that suggested that she couldn't even cope with standing between acts! God knows how she must've reacted when Uprising started and the crowd weren't, like, completely static any more.

OH OH, and I can't really explain why, but watching Uprising in a downpour is so much better than in the dry! It was weird how it only rained in the first song.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.