Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    http://musewiki.org/London_Wembley_S...ig%29#Set_list

Indeed-io pal :holmes:

I couldn't see Matt at all when they were playing Take a Bow, but he did peer over and give us a cheeky grin when he wasn't playing. I could only ever see one band member when they were rotating on it during Undisclosed Desires. We were immediately to the right of the thing when it was fully extended. Yes yes I know that's miles back for a hardcore, but from the looks of it I'd rather have been there and be able to see all the visuals than right on the barrier! Plus circle pits were opening right around me for pretty much very song in the first half which is always a bonus.

On an unrelated note, I was next to one of these emo Twilight **** throughout the supports. She kept drawing the Muse logo on her hands with love hearts, while complaining about supports; for example I overheard her say she'd "heard of" Biffy, but she said it in a really rather unconvincing way and decided to play with her phone (and drew more on herself) during their set. She also kept sitting her arse down on the floor, in a way that suggested that she couldn't even cope with standing between acts! God knows how she must've reacted when Uprising started and the crowd weren't, like, completely static any more.

OH OH, and I can't really explain why, but watching Uprising in a downpour is so much better than in the dry! It was weird how it only rained in the first song.
    Should have kicked the emo fag, and said things to break her soul.

ReputationRep:
    On an unrelated note, I was next to one of these emo Twilight **** throughout the supports. She kept drawing the Muse logo on her hands with love hearts, while complaining about supports; for example I overheard her say she'd "heard of" Biffy, but she said it in a really rather unconvincing way and decided to play with her phone (and drew more on herself) during their set. She also kept sitting her arse down on the floor, in a way that suggested that she couldn't even cope with standing between acts! God knows how she must've reacted when Uprising started and the crowd weren't, like, completely static any more.
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Got home earlier, Saturday was incredible.

Only downside was that were were near a bunch of really annoying kids during Biffy Clyro who seemingly knew nothing of mosh pit etiquette. Such as 'don't push people into the pit who don't want to take part' and 'don't swing your arms and legs around like you're genuinely trying to hurt someone'. I'd also argue that trying to start a pit on average 5 times a song is just missing the point entirely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Aaron-)
    They soundchecked ruled by secrecy before Manchester too and it didn't happen. Don't count on any surprises in the setlist

*ahem* :yep: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Also agree with the raining beginning as soon as Uprising started, that was rather magnificent. At first I thought MUSE were doing it, then I realised it was actually the weather - but what perfect timing! Still in awe of it all,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    *ahem* :yep: :p:

This was after Manchester, where there were no real surprises (Citizen Erased, B+H and Take A Bow were becoming semi regular in the setlists over the summer).

No rarities as such had been played during most of the summer gigs so I felt I had reason to be confident of saying that. :p:

(Original post by Duffking)
    Only downside was that were were near a bunch of really annoying kids during Biffy Clyro who seemingly knew nothing of mosh pit etiquette. Such as 'don't push people into the pit who don't want to take part' and 'don't swing your arms and legs around like you're genuinely trying to hurt someone'. I'd also argue that trying to start a pit on average 5 times a song is just missing the point entirely.
    Bothers me a lot with a lot of gigs I go to, there's a difference between moshing and therefore the accidental contact that comes with it, and being an annoying ****** and hitting people on purpose. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    Also agree with the raining beginning as soon as Uprising started, that was rather magnificent. At first I thought MUSE were doing it, then I realised it was actually the weather - but what perfect timing! Still in awe of it all,
    There aren't many bands where you would ask yourself: "Are the band doing this?" before you realise it's just that the heavens have opened :p:

ReputationRep:
    The rain was brilliant. I kinda wished it had carried on throughout, would have been great for staying cool.

ReputationRep:
    I used to really love Muse, but I thought the Resistance was dire. Their setlists are boring and ridiculously overpriced now, too. Still listen to Origin of Symmetry and Showbiz on occasion, though.

Indeed-io pal :holmes:

I couldn't see Matt at all when they were playing Take a Bow, but he did peer over and give us a cheeky grin when he wasn't playing. I could only ever see one band member when they were rotating on it during Undisclosed Desires. We were immediately to the right of the thing when it was fully extended. Yes yes I know that's miles back for a hardcore, but from the looks of it I'd rather have been there and be able to see all the visuals than right on the barrier! Plus circle pits were opening right around me for pretty much very song in the first half which is always a bonus.

OH OH, and I can't really explain why, but watching Uprising in a downpour is so much better than in the dry! It was weird how it only rained in the first song.
    You really couldn't have been far off me. I too was immediately to the right, but as I said..right up against the barrier of the extended bit. When the platform lifted in the air, I couldn't see Matt though, just the underside of the platform. But as you said, when Dom and Chris came out for Undisclosed Desires, I was pretty much right next to them (well, slightly underneath obviously).

There were plenty of people sitting between the support acts. :rant: It slightly annoyed me but then, what am I to expect. Just when everybody is fighting for room, it's horrendously unhelpful. My saving grace was that I was getting a constant supply of water from the stewards. :yy:

I wish it rained for the whole concert! :coma: It really was just so amazing. I put it down to the whole thing just getting started and everyone just finally going crazy....combine that with the lyrics in the chorus....omnomnom.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh first live Muse gig, AND IT WAS AWESOMEEEE!

Went on Saturday, bloody tubes were a ***** since it meant we got there late and couldn't near the front, and getting home was problematic, I only just caught the last tube home :p:

BUT I really need to keep in mind that since I'm so short, unless I'm right near the front I need to actually stay further back, because me and my mates edged forwards bit by bit and by the time we stopped moving forwards I couldn't see a damn thing

BUT THEY WERE SO AWESOME :woo:
    I nearly died of ecstasy when it went from House of Rising Sun into Time is Running Out, and by the end i was so exhausted I had to dig deep to find reserves of energy to raise my arms above my head and sing along for Knights of Cydonia

ReputationRep:
    There aren't many bands where you would ask yourself: "Are the band doing this?" before you realise it's just that the heavens have opened :p:
    Haha, I've known MUSE have always been rather magnificent - but controlling the weather as well? :awesome:

Also why the hell were some people talking during RBS. I had to move away to another spot to avoid telling them to shut the hell up.

ReputationRep:
    Who was in the mosh pit area during Biffy? on Matts side, that was amazing!

ReputationRep:
    I was on Chris's side again and WOW it was all so epic. Exhausted beyond belief now, had to take night buses until 4am to get to my cousin's house in south London
    It would have been nice to meet people that went, I tried to organise contact details but none of you got in touch with me

ReputationRep:
    This time yesterday getting post-muse depression.

Mmm. :sexface:

I'm still buzzing from it :moon: Looking over the setlists...I like to think the Saturday had the better deal :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    You really couldn't have been far off me. I too was immediately to the right, but as I said..right up against the barrier of the extended bit. When the platform lifted in the air, I couldn't see Matt though, just the underside of the platform. But as you said, when Dom and Chris came out for Undisclosed Desires, I was pretty much right next to them (well, slightly underneath obviously).

There were plenty of people sitting between the support acts. :rant: It slightly annoyed me but then, what am I to expect. Just when everybody is fighting for room, it's horrendously unhelpful. My saving grace was that I was getting a constant supply of water from the stewards. :yy:
    I was something like eight bodies away form the barrier. Shame we didn't realise, you coulda called me over and totally let me have a better view we could have had a good old chinwag about life and TSR. You must have heard my wild screaming for Ruled by Secrecy then? :p:

To be fair, standing from 5-11pm in a tight crowd isn't easy. I had to sit down for a few minutes between acts. It was annoying when groups of 6-8 were sitting down together though, and forcing everyone to give them space. The most annoying thing though was the massive tub of lard trying to get back to the front. Seriously I was tracking him and he'd only gone a few rows in 15 minutes. He apologised and said he needed the bog; all I can think is that he can't be the brightest tool in the shed though because he was carrying a full pint of coke back with him!

(Original post by museobsessed)
    I was on Chris's side again and WOW it was all so epic. Exhausted beyond belief now, had to take night buses until 4am to get to my cousin's house in south London
    It would have been nice to meet people that went, I tried to organise contact details but none of you got in touch with me
    You didn't get in contact with me SAD FACE. You posted on my Facebook wall and that's it. THAT'S IT WOMAN.

We got back to our flat at a mere 2.15am taking a night bus. Some guy decided to spray a woman in the face with aerosol just as we pulled into Queen's Park and somehow it ended up holding the tube up. Missed the last train as a result.

Not sure what we coulda done though. We were all in different queues from the sounds of it, and you were probably in your queue from 5am :p:

I was something like eight bodies away form the barrier. Shame we didn't realise, you coulda called me over and totally let me have a better view we could have had a good old chinwag about life and TSR. You must have heard my wild screaming for Ruled by Secrecy then? :p:

To be fair, standing from 5-11pm in a tight crowd isn't easy. I had to sit down for a few minutes between acts. It was annoying when groups of 6-8 were sitting down together though, and forcing everyone to give them space. The most annoying thing though was the massive tub of lard trying to get back to the front. Seriously I was tracking him and he'd only gone a few rows in 15 minutes. He apologised and said he needed the bog; all I can think is that he can't be the brightest tool in the shed though because he was carrying a full pint of coke back with him!
    Ah, we couldn't have been too far away at all. :holmes: Though if it helps, I was at the right corner of the extended bit, if that helps? Ha, yes indeed. :p: I may have done, come to think of it :ninja:

No, the one or two is fair. You're right, my qualm is with the groups who sit down. :rant: :facepalm: What a douche.

ReputationRep:
    We got back to our flat at a mere 2.15am taking a night bus. Some guy decided to spray a woman in the face with aerosol just as we pulled into Queen's Park and somehow it ended up holding the tube up. Missed the last train as a result.

Not sure what we coulda done though. We were all in different queues from the sounds of it, and you were probably in your queue from 5am :p:
    I'm too tired to be either buzzing or in depression. That'll probably kick in tomorrow.
    Johnny, I asked everybody ages ago what gate they were and one person replied I suppose I should have PM'd you my phone number, that would have been ok I just didn't want to post it on the thread.
    Haha 5am not quite. I got up at 6 and arrived in the queue at 7.45 am I had people to save my place and we coudl easily wander about and see people in other queues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I'm too tired to be either buzzing or in depression. That'll probably kick in tomorrow.
    Johnny, I asked everybody ages ago what gate they were and one person replied I suppose I should have PM'd you my phone number, that would have been ok I just didn't want to post it on the thread.
    Haha 5am not quite. I got up at 6 and arrived in the queue at 7.45 am I had people to save my place and we coudl easily wander about and see people in other queues
    Yeahhh I was considering wandering over to the front of other queues to find you (I looked at the front of F/G and didn't see you), but I only turned up an hour before doors opened and I was a bit worried they'd get annoyed if I looked like I was pushing back in (they blocked a huge queue for the same reason at the O2 gig I went to).

I suppose I could have given you my number too. Oh well, c'est la vie (or puu per do pee po pu as Matt would probably badly sing in French).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.