Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    From your sig I was here originally:

Damnit if I didn't move I would have seen the entire gig. Damnit damnit damnit. But in my defence I couldn't breathe and would have collapsed if I had stayed. I am bring a snorkel with me next time so I can breathe and stay in my spot. Also it isn't on the list of prohibited items.

(Original post by museobsessed)
    I was right at the front on Chris's side. That amount of people is insane.
    I should have taken my camera Don't have my own photos of either gig
    It's incredible. :coma: I looked around Wembley before they came on and it was just so satisfying seeing that many people there. :yes:

(Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    Haha yeah, but wish they had a second barrier - being crushed by 30,000 people is not fun. Also initially I was standing like a person away from the side barrier on Matt's side and about 10 rows back... Went to get a drink and found my way back to my spot to the person I went with. They said I wouldn't find them again... challenge accepted

But then later on ran to the back during MUSE as somehow I had managed to move right, and then into the middle of the mosh pit with middle aged men moving forward and back rather than jumping so was getting all hot and crushed. Next time I'm going to be there really early, maybe the night before so I can get to the barrier. Wish I had done that now but it was still amazing

Also loved the Starlight bit when we sang the chorus
    It's not particularly well organised, but I suppose it all adds to the experience! Aha, well done for getting back to your spot! There were some people who left to get drinks thinking they'd make it back. They didn't. :p: Though because they left, I could get up to the side barrier :coma: (on Chris' side).

If it rained, it would've been perfect. It was rather hot. :p: Not complaining though, it was still :sogood: (of course..).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    It's not particularly well organised, but I suppose it all adds to the experience! Aha, well done for getting back to your spot! There were some people who left to get drinks thinking they'd make it back. They didn't. :p: Though because they left, I could get up to the side barrier :coma: (on Chris' side).

If it rained, it would've been perfect. It was rather hot. :p: Not complaining though, it was still :sogood: (of course..).
    Well luckily I left before the supports came on about 5pmish, and because I had gone sideways to get out (i think at the stair entrance of 127 if that means anything to anyone?) and when I decided to re-enter the crowd I went sideways back in, and actually ended up 3 rows in front of the person I came with - waved to him to show victory in finding my spot and ending up 3 rows in front :awesome: but then went back because I wanted to stand with them. But I am so glad they had the water fountains at the sides, that was a really great idea and security were amazing - they really were looking out for everyone. The crowd was lovely too, most people were really friendly.

I think thats what made it an even more amazing gig - brilliant set list, great crowd, the energy of it all. Oh wow! did you get to the side barrier? You must have been like next to the stage set when Chris and Dom floated into the crowd? :woo:

I'm still amazed at the rain starting just as uprising did haha. Would have loved for it to rain a lot too, that would have been great.

ReputationRep:
    Found this on muse.mu forum (like to muselive for an icom radio recording of the saturday gig!! :O :O :O )

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=...postcount=3467

preview:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/Shk-m6H...f_Cydonia.html

(Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    Well luckily I left before the supports came on about 5pmish, and because I had gone sideways to get out (i think at the stair entrance of 127 if that means anything to anyone?) and when I decided to re-enter the crowd I went sideways back in, and actually ended up 3 rows in front of the person I came with - waved to him to show victory in finding my spot and ending up 3 rows in front :awesome: but then went back because I wanted to stand with them. But I am so glad they had the water fountains at the sides, that was a really great idea and security were amazing - they really were looking out for everyone. The crowd was lovely too, most people were really friendly.

I think thats what made it an even more amazing gig - brilliant set list, great crowd, the energy of it all. Oh wow! did you get to the side barrier? You must have been like next to the stage set when Chris and Dom floated into the crowd? :woo:

I'm still amazed at the rain starting just as uprising did haha. Would have loved for it to rain a lot too, that would have been great.
    Ah ok, you left when there was still room and such. :holmes: It's the least I expected from the stewards to be honest. :erm: When I've been standing there longer than a lot of people (but not as long as some ), I expect a bit of water. :zomg: You're right though, the crowd was really friendly. :top:

Yeah, I got up to the barrier on Chris' side, at the very back of the extended bit. :coma: Yeah, it was fantastic! :sogood:

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    Had post muse euphoria and depression at different points today. was weird

ReputationRep:
    I went through depression earlier.... it was when I realised I didn't have ringing ears anymore.

ReputationRep:
    guys!!! Chris has his own twitter!
    @ctwolstenholme
    its real cuz he talked about it on the muse account. I tweeted to him that I got the harmonica at Manc

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah... he also has an awesome football shirt iwht the muse logo on it... my friends got a picture with him wearing it... awesomeness!

ReputationRep:
    post picture

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    epic love it

ReputationRep:
    Add JSP to this:

Also to see some spakker-high-on-all-the-weed drumming:

Attached Images

I was in the same line as JSP there, but on the side barrier. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I was on the barrier directly in front of Chris in that pic

ReputationRep:
    I was a bit infront and to the left of whoever the yellow arrow was! :P There were a bunch of us off muselive.com all clustered around a 'muselive' sign.

ReputationRep:
    I was nowhere to be seen :emo:

ReputationRep:
    You're all making me very sad talking about seeing muse...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    I was a bit infront and to the left of whoever the yellow arrow was! :P There were a bunch of us off muselive.com all clustered around a 'muselive' sign.
    Yeahhhh I saw that sign from over yonder. Woop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Yeahhhh I saw that sign from over yonder. Woop.
    Huzzah!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.