Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Also, in this weeks Elle UK: http://www.popsugar.com/Pictures-Quo...le-UK-10726159
    On her favorite song from Matt's band, Muse: "My favourite Muse song? Ha ha ha! I'm not well-versed enough on that. I'm getting there though. Matt and I are just learning about each other and it's wonderful."
    :facepalm:
    Legitimate reasons for not being well versed in all things Muse:

- Not been together very long - not long enough to properly appreciate the material
    - No money with which to buy a couple of albums and/or get an internet connection
    - No spare time during a clearly hectic schedule to have a few in-depth listens. No transatlantic plane journeys, even!
    - Muse aren't well known, and Matt's been keeping his little side project quiet
    - She isn't too familiar with rock music, and needs to get properly acquainted

Matt you fool she just wants your huge two-dimensional string to vibrate wildly in her 11-dimensional black hole :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Legitimate reasons for not being well versed in all things Muse:

- Not been together very long - not long enough to properly appreciate the material
    - No money with which to buy a couple of albums and/or get an internet connection
    - No spare time during a clearly hectic schedule to have a few in-depth listens. No transatlantic plane journeys, even!
    - Muse aren't well known, and Matt's been keeping his little side project quiet
    - She isn't too familiar with rock music, and needs to get properly acquainted

Matt you fool she just wants your huge two-dimensional string to vibrate wildly in her 11-dimensional black hole :hahaha:
    Fair enough, Muse arn't that big in America, but shes been out with rock stars before, all interviewers say that shes incredibly well versed in music. Also, the money aspect clearly does not apply to her

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, you don't have to enjoy the music your partner makes to still enjoy being with them. I have no intention of making my boyfriend come to any of my wind band concerts because he probably won't enjoy them. But anyway, I have to agree that perhaps this is a bit of random hookup time for Bells... I mean, he was with Gaia forever, that's got to take a while to get over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    To be fair, you don't have to enjoy the music your partner makes to still enjoy being with them. I have no intention of making my boyfriend come to any of my wind band concerts because he probably won't enjoy them. But anyway, I have to agree that perhaps this is a bit of random hookup time for Bells... I mean, he was with Gaia forever, that's got to take a while to get over.
    I wouldn't have been so surprised, but every interview that i've read with her (admittedly few) have made a big point about her being some kind of groupie with a massive knowledge of music. Plus, Muse are epic, why would she not listen to them and enjoy them? Shes been to his gigs, we know that. Surely she would have some opinion on them?
    Yeh, I was thinking that someone you've been with for almost 10 years would take a while to get over. I mean, thats longer than some marriages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Fair enough, Muse arn't that big in America, but shes been out with rock stars before, all interviewers say that shes incredibly well versed in music. Also, the money aspect clearly does not apply to her
    I was trying to be funny love.

But yeah, if she did indeed dodge the question in that manner (it's a magazine, so anything's a big if) it strikes me as being highly suspicious. Only reaosnably conclusion I can come to is that she doesn't like the music but is too polite to say. Nothing wrong with that, mind, but I'da thought she'd at least have a small appreciation of her soulmate's music (come on, everyone likes at least one of their songs).

ReputationRep:
    I was trying to be funny love.

But yeah, if she did indeed dodge the question in that manner (it's a magazine, so anything's a big if) it strikes me as being highly suspicious. Only reaosnably conclusion I can come to is that she doesn't like the music but is too polite to say. Nothing wrong with that, mind, but I'da thought she'd at least have a small appreciation of her soulmate's music (come on, everyone likes at least one of their songs).
    I'm a very literal person :sigh: sorry

yeh I did think of that, that website just rips out quotes. I'm half tempted to buy it and see what else there is but mostly it sounds boring. I'm not interested in her, just what she says about Matt and their relationship

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for wishing me happy birthday, *******s (except Jehu and Pheebs, cos they actually did)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Thanks for wishing me happy birthday, *******s (except Jehu and Pheebs, cos they actually did)
    To be fair, it was hardly mentioned on the thread

ReputationRep:
    Shouldnt have to be...Everyone else notices everyone else's :huff:

ReputationRep:
    One year closer to a horrific death :woo: :yeah: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    One year closer to a horrific death :woo: :yeah: :awesome:
    No u.

ReputationRep:
    How can I ever make it up to you? :grin:
    (I was away/been busy with Uni crap, I quote the old macs, "It's not my fault".)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil-Emma)
    How can I ever make it up to you? :grin:
    (I was away/been busy with Uni crap, I quote the old macs, "It's not my fault".)
    Hmmm, tricky question. How would I usually respond to any question like that? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, tricky question. How would I usually respond to any question like that? :teeth:
    Something sexually inappropriate, naturally!

ReputationRep:
    Muse on the cover of Kerrang! tomorrow. Yay

ReputationRep:
    i've seen the scans... sexy!

ReputationRep:
    Tee hee I came across this via Yes Please's musewiki page.

Oh, and Map of Your Head suddenly makes more sense.

MuseWiki :love:

Anyone think Neutron Star Collision would be really good if it were an instrumental?

EDIT:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh, and Muse have dabbled in backmasking. See 1:53ish. Awesome song, incidentally:

ReputationRep:
    Tee hee I came across this via Yes Please's musewiki page.

Not heard that before? :mmm: It's :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I've had execution commentary for ages... it's ******* mental.

Happy birthday Jehuty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil-Emma)
    Something sexually inappropriate, naturally!
    Oh, well, if you're offering... :awesome:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.