Turn on thread page Beta

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Wanna bet?
    Knowing you, no.

Can anyone explain to me why Prague is called Prague? Or am I missing something obvious?

ReputationRep:
    Prague is a cover, so you should probably ask the original artist:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_City_Four

ReputationRep:
    Ah, didn't know that! Also think that Muse could have done a better job covering it... although Matt's singing is clearly much more enjoyable to listen to.

I should go read something about constitutional Law...

ReputationRep:
    Off-topic rant
    Why is it generally accepted that, as a student, you should never have heating on, despite being ill, running the risk of getting worse rather than maybe having to pay a bit more for bills?

I ask this because my new housemate always wants the heating turned off when I put it on, even for an hour, complaining that it's "roasting". Yeah, it's pretty warm; it's nice like that! Plus, with my room being above the basement, if the heating isn't on at some point, then waking up for me is like waking up on ice.

And to take the piss even more, she'll complain about having to pay for the heating when I put it on, but she'll leave lights, TVs and her laptop on and bugger off to another room.

Gaaah, I hate the typical student. They always have to do what's generally thought of as typical student behaviour, and listen to the same **** everyone else does.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest to someone. And you guys might be able to shed some light, or at least agree with me v_v

ReputationRep:
    Off-topic rant
    Why is it generally accepted that, as a student, you should never have heating on, despite being ill, running the risk of getting worse rather than maybe having to pay a bit more for bills?

I ask this because my new housemate always wants the heating turned off when I put it on, even for an hour, complaining that it's "roasting". Yeah, it's pretty warm; it's nice like that! Plus, with my room being above the basement, if the heating isn't on at some point, then waking up for me is like waking up on ice.

And to take the piss even more, she'll complain about having to pay for the heating when I put it on, but she'll leave lights, TVs and her laptop on and bugger off to another room.

Gaaah, I hate the typical student. They always have to do what's generally thought of as typical student behaviour, and listen to the same **** everyone else does.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest to someone. And you guys might be able to shed some light, or at least agree with me v_v
    reply:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've had both experiences. In second year we never had the heating on I was constantly cold and drank to keep warm, which wasn't a good idea really.
    Final year we did have the heating on in the morning for a few hours and the evenings. Other than that it was off. This meant we didn't pay over the odds, but still it was SO much better than having a cold house.

Both the houses were huge 6/7 bed houses so they were expensive to warm, but it wasn't just it being warm, it actually helped keep damp away from rotting the walls etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    reply:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've had both experiences. In second year we never had the heating on I was constantly cold and drank to keep warm, which wasn't a good idea really.
    Final year we did have the heating on in the morning for a few hours and the evenings. Other than that it was off. This meant we didn't pay over the odds, but still it was SO much better than having a cold house.

Both the houses were huge 6/7 bed houses so they were expensive to warm, but it wasn't just it being warm, it actually helped keep damp away from rotting the walls etc
    Ooo, I could use the "keep the damp away" excuse. Thanks Pheebs.

But our heating's never really on for more than a few hours anyway. Actually, I set the timer so it was on for me getting home from work, and then again just before I expected to wake up.

ReputationRep:
    When it gets too cold to comfortably sit in a room our heating goes on all the time during the day on low. That way it flicks on and off and keeps the house at a steady temperature and doesn't cost us any more than it would if we blasted it on during the evenings and mornings. It's more pleasant because you stay warm for the whole day rather than a few hours in the morning and evening. If we're out we'll blast it for an hour or so when we get back and then put it down so it warms up and then stays warm. It's by the far way. We would put it on a timer so it turned on in the morning for us but the problem is that the timer's broken. Stupid landlord won't fix it.

ReputationRep:
    OMG guys. Matt's flat in London is by the American embassy
    24 Grosvenor Square, London W1A 2LQ

he says it in this radio interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR9T9...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    So how long are you gonna camp out there?

ReputationRep:
    So how long are you gonna camp out there?
    By "out there", I assume you mean "in Matt's cupboard"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    By "out there", I assume you mean "in Matt's cupboard"
    That's a given

ReputationRep:
    Sush boys, you'll spoil my evil plan!

ReputationRep:
    Sush boys, you'll spoil my evil plan!
    What else are boys for?

ReputationRep:
    What else are boys for?
    point well made

ReputationRep:
    What else are boys for?
    Well... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Stolen from muse forum :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    OMG guys. Matt's flat in London is by the American embassy
    24 Grosvenor Square, London W1A 2LQ

he says it in this radio interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR9T9...eature=related

Ooooooh thank you for this. It will be useful. Very useful indeed.

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    Stolen from muse forum :eek: :eek: :eek:
    link doesn't work

ReputationRep:
    link doesn't work
    someone made a gif of:

ReputationRep:
    morning guys. quiet thread recently this
    I've added some of you *****es as friends on this new thing, so accept dammit

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.