Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i don't think i get it, don't have a go please just explain :/ x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeographyEllie)
    i don't think i get it, don't have a go please just explain :/ x
    It's meant to imply that muse sold out really really quickly and that clegg has sold out his beliefs on the student loans thing even quicker.

Whether you believe either of these things is another matter altogether!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    It's meant to imply that muse sold out really really quickly and that clegg has sold out his beliefs on the student loans thing even quicker.

Whether you believe either of these things is another matter altogether!
    Yeh, depends on what you mean by selling out. In my opinion being popular =/= selling out but there are a stupid amount of silly hipsters who are too immature to cope with other people knowing who the band they are like and hence a drop in their sense of superiority.
    Maybe the twilight thing was a bit too far for Muse though, but I can see why they did it. Instant American audience without lifting a finger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Yeh, depends on what you mean by selling out. In my opinion being popular =/= selling out but there are a stupid amount of silly hipsters who are too immature to cope with other people knowing who the band they are like and hence a drop in their sense of superiority.
    Maybe the twilight thing was a bit too far for Muse though, but I can see why they did it. Instant American audience without lifting a finger
    I dunno, I personally think anything which involves a rapid change away from what the band were originally doing to something new and popular is selling out. I don't see muse have done this to be honest, there's quite a clear development over time and what they're doing now isn't exactly the popular trend in music!

ReputationRep:
    I though it was meant to mean Muse selling out in terms of gig tickets. eg Clegg sold out faster than Muse sold out Wembley Stadium. I suppose either interpretation would make sense.

ReputationRep:
    Muse sold out their wembley tour in 2007 in 45 mins for both days
    and than did it three years later three times quicker they deserve medals, <3
    i was a massive muse AND paramore fan way before i even knew about twilight!! I don't think that it's fair some people on the muse forum say they got all big in the states cos of stephenie meyer because yeah, they're great friends but matt bellamy does not need a film to get more young ladys drooling over him and more record sales does he??? oh, and men, i guess drool over him
    twilight has gone downhill, the books are amazing and the films well, crap low budget and different to actual plots
    whoa i just wrote an essay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernovae)
    I though it was meant to mean Muse selling out in terms of gig tickets. eg Clegg sold out faster than Muse sold out Wembley Stadium. I suppose either interpretation would make sense.
    Oh yeah, I wouldn't have even have thought of that... lol.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I assumed. Lighten up, people! :p:

ReputationRep:
    This is the one I interpreted as (although the twilight thing makes sense too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeographyEllie)
    Muse sold out their wembley tour in 2007 in 45 mins for both days
    and than did it three years later three times quicker they deserve medals, <3
    i was a massive muse AND paramore fan way before i even knew about twilight!! I don't think that it's fair some people on the muse forum say they got all big in the states cos of stephenie meyer because yeah, they're great friends but matt bellamy does not need a film to get more young ladys drooling over him and more record sales does he??? oh, and men, i guess drool over him
    twilight has gone downhill, the books are amazing and the films well, crap low budget and different to actual plots
    whoa i just wrote an essay
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long the wembley 2010 dates sold out in?

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of selling out - I don't really think Muse 'sold 'out' because they never wanted to be anything less than the biggest bands in the world (which they essentially are)
    I'm usually annoyingly 'hipster' when it comes to massive bands but I love Muse... XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonny_J_D)
    I'm usually annoyingly 'hipster' when it comes to massive bands but I love Muse... XD
    Oh, then how do you feel about Shatter Band? I heard they only have, like, two fans.

ReputationRep:
    This is what I immediately thought of too. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil-Emma)
    This is what I immediately thought of too. :grin:
    I also thought that. Didn't they break Queen's record or something?

Also, it would now seem that Jehu and I are eventually gonna move in together :awesome: Sounds like it's time for a sexy party! :awesome::awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Am I invited to this pants party? :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Am I invited to this pants party? :pierre:
    Only if you bring Hayley Williams with you. Or Felicia Day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Only if you bring Hayley Williams with you. Or Felicia Day.
    If I had Hayley Willaims then I wouldn't come to the pants party

Spoiler:
    Show
    She'll be mine on Saturday :moon:

You can have Felicia Day though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    I also thought that. Didn't they break Queen's record or something?

Also, it would now seem that Jehu and I are eventually gonna move in together :awesome: Sounds like it's time for a sexy party! :awesome::awesome:
    srs like? when? if I get a better paid job i'd love nothing more than to move the **** out, can I also get in on this house action?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry.

But what on earth happened to TSR? It's all messed up now after the update. I have articles on the front page instead of the "popular threads" etc. It's gone..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Sorry.

But what on earth happened to TSR? It's all messed up now after the update. I have articles on the front page instead of the &quot;popular threads&quot; etc. It's gone..
    ah. not just me then. phew

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.