Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a muse essay break. It's 10am and I'm also eating champagne truffles. Life is good.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I love Muse, being one of my four favourite bands of all time, I have to say I was dissapointed with the Resistance.

ReputationRep:
    Same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    *negs*
    But.... but... I love you :puppyeyes:

Know when you're coming back to the UK yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    But.... but... I love you :puppyeyes:

Know when you're coming back to the UK yet?
    :hugs:

9th Jan :wavingtheflag:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    :hugs:

9th Jan :wavingtheflag:
    :tong: :sexface:

New years in Aus, that will be immense. Wait until you come back to -15 here

I need to start saving for Australia / America next year :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Ah. Scottish accents :sexface:
    Franz Ferdinand and Alex Kapranos :sexface:

sorry, got distracted there
    You forgot DT, although I know he doesn't sing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    You forgot DT, although I know he doesn't sing...
    Yeh I did think of him when I thought of Biffy Clyro, but didn't include him for the reason you gave. Still hot

ReputationRep:
    They're selling Muse tree decorations in the online shop :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    £12 for 4. I'm going to go and buy a big bag of baubles from asda and then paint the muse logo on and make a mint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    £12 for 4. I'm going to go and buy a big bag of baubles from asda and then paint the muse logo on and make a mint.
    haha yeh. Those baubles are cool but nto exactly groundbreaking in their design. I won't be buying them
    Spoiler:
    Show
    doesn't mean I don't want them anyway

ReputationRep:
    haha yeh. Those baubles are cool but nto exactly groundbreaking in their design. I won't be buying them
    Spoiler:
    Show
    doesn't mean I don't want them anyway
    True I was expecting something llike the hexagons on The Resistance's cd cover on them

ReputationRep:
    They are tempting, but would be a whole lot more appealing if they weren't so ridiculously priced. There's no way in hell you'll catch me paying 3 pounds for ONE bauble.

ReputationRep:
    Merch is one of the main ways bands make their money these days. How else are Muse gunna pay for epic stage sets :p:

ReputationRep:
    Merch is one of the main ways bands make their money these days. How else are Muse gunna pay for epic stage sets :p:
    I'm just guessing, but, y'know, £50+ tickets? :p: If only I could afford Muse tickets, or anything for that matter, now...

ReputationRep:
    You can save for a gig ticket by illegally downloading the accompanying album :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I'm just guessing, but, y'know, £50+ tickets? :p: If only I could afford Muse tickets, or anything for that matter, now...
    Yeh the tickets cover the sets and stuff but to make any profit at all they need to sell merch. Thats how bands work nowadays.
    Muse need to either get on with the album or tour the UK more, none of this pissing around in Aus with snakes and koalas ****

ReputationRep:
    Yeh the tickets cover the sets and stuff but to make any profit at all they need to sell merch. Thats how bands work nowadays.
    Muse need to either get on with the album or tour the UK more, none of this pissing around in Aus with snakes and koalas ****
    Really? Wembley Stadium has a capacity of 75,000 to 90,000 seated and 15,000 standing for concerts (according to Wikipedia). Let's prudently assume a total capacity of 90,000, given the seating at the back of the stage wasn't used for Muse. Let's also prudently assume a ticket value of £40, excluding booking fees. A sell-out (which Muse achieved) for two gigs would generate £7.2m.

Maybe with all the staff costs, construction costs, transportation costs, hosting fees etc. the total for the whole stadium tour would far exceed £7.2m, but they sold out a lot of other stadiums as well.

And lest we forget, Matt has to keep his farm going; he's hardly going to go too crazy on his set when his prized ducks could be feasting on some premium quality handmade bread rather than Tesco Value ****e.

ReputationRep:
    True... don't forget the farm. That's a big winner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Really? Wembley Stadium has a capacity of 75,000 to 90,000 seated and 15,000 standing for concerts (according to Wikipedia). Let's prudently assume a total capacity of 90,000, given the seating at the back of the stage wasn't used for Muse. Let's also prudently assume a ticket value of £40, excluding booking fees. A sell-out (which Muse achieved) for two gigs would generate £7.2m.

Maybe with all the staff costs, construction costs, transportation costs, hosting fees etc. the total for the whole stadium tour would far exceed £7.2m, but they sold out a lot of other stadiums as well.

And lest we forget, Matt has to keep his farm going; he's hardly going to go too crazy on his set when his prized ducks could be feasting on some premium quality handmade bread rather than Tesco Value ****e.
    Don't forget beans. Lots and lots of beans in his bomb shelter...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.