Turn on thread page Beta

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, thats what I heard. :facepalm: to you Bellamy

ReputationRep:
    Am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind, just googled. We're gonna have a mini Bellamy. Do you reckon he'll try beat Chris to 6? :p:

At least the child with be beautiful and talented.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    At least the child with be beautiful and talented.
    ...Kate's giving birth to Nathan Fillion me? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Lol... I see what you did there.

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Nathan Fillion is just divine and there is no reason on this planet that he was born from Kate flipping Hudson. He just came into being, fashioned by the gods themselves. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    What if the baby inherits instead Matt's bad fashion sense, and Kate's talentlessness?

Madonna can adopt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    Madonna can adopt it.
    :lol: I friggin love you!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Marry me? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Dead Star on Kerrang right now :banana2:

Also, consider yourself reputation'd Hanz.

ReputationRep:
    I miss Kerrang Radio in my car... stupid not living near enough to Birmingham when I'm at uni.

:lol: I friggin love you!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Marry me? :puppyeyes:
    Soz, cba.

ReputationRep:
    Nathan Fillon?! Drake from Drake and Josh? Neither beautiful nor talented!

EDIT: was very confused there. fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Nathan Fillon?! Drake from Drake and Josh? Neither beautiful nor talented!

EDIT: was very confused there. fail
    No. Mal from Firefly. Castle from Castle. Buck from Halo 3 ODST. Captain Hammer from Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

And I'm slightly saddened by Han's response :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my lord I've experienced one of those intricacies of the brain, and I still feel a little weird now.

Right, ages back I 'mastered' Ruled by Secrecy on the piano, but as with most things I play I usually fail to get through the entire piece without making a blatant mistake or two. That kind of thing is really irritating, especially when you come to record a piece on video, or even worse if you're performing in front of people. I've always wondered how the hell bands such as Muse can play so perfectly and so tightly for sets that can sometimes span to two hours.

Well, over Christmas I finally acquired the Play Piano With Muse book, which comes with a backing track CD. I had a trial run against the RBS drum and bass track to balance volumes and to learn how to play at exactly 50bpm, and then had a couple of proper tries. Every time I was absolutely flawless. There's one particular transition that I could only play correctly, maybe, one in the three times it appears in the song; but something changed when I had backing which meant I hit it every time without even thinking about it.

Incidentally, my cover sounds awesome. Best £10 I sent in a long time :awesome:

Also, Matt is a big puff.

ReputationRep:
    I still wana know if the whole baby thing is actually true
    EDIT: OMG, it is true, quick google shows goldie hawn has tweeted about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Oh my lord I've experienced one of those intricacies of the brain, and I still feel a little weird now.

Right, ages back I 'mastered' Ruled by Secrecy on the piano, but as with most things I play I usually fail to get through the entire piece without making a blatant mistake or two. That kind of thing is really irritating, especially when you come to record a piece on video, or even worse if you're performing in front of people. I've always wondered how the hell bands such as Muse can play so perfectly and so tightly for sets that can sometimes span to two hours.

Well, over Christmas I finally acquired the Play Piano With Muse book, which comes with a backing track CD. I had a trial run against the RBS drum and bass track to balance volumes and to learn how to play at exactly 50bpm, and then had a couple of proper tries. Every time I was absolutely flawless. There's one particular transition that I could only play correctly, maybe, one in the three times it appears in the song; but something changed when I had backing which meant I hit it every time without even thinking about it.

Incidentally, my cover sounds awesome. Best £10 I sent in a long time :awesome:

Also, Matt is a big puff.
    You know I swear that sometimes (woah... RBS just came on my shuffle!) anyway, I swear sometimes you just need the metronome to just regulate. Specially in hard bits which due to panic people often play too fast. The metronome speed regulating your means that you play it at the correct speed and then it's just easy. I might get the RBS music... sounds enjoyable/easy to learn.

ReputationRep:
    So...Has everyone given up on Muse or something...?

ReputationRep:
    Nooo. I've been watching Graham Norton to see Kate Hudson and the future baby Bellamy

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.