Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    I don't know if there's any induction rituals I have to go through or the like
    Oh, I think we can come up with something... :hubba:

Um...might I ask how I would join this society? Or any society in general? Bit of a TSR noob, and I don't know if there's any induction rituals I have to go through or the like

As for USoE, I'm a bit behind and only just heard it...I feel a little bit let down by it, and I'm not sure why D:
    Yus, it's called the "Dodge Dinendal Leralonde game" :tongue:
    Basically you just have to run as fast as you can away from him

ReputationRep:
    i'd run whilst you still can tbh :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    i'd run whilst you still can tbh :indiff:
    this

ReputationRep:
    As for USoE, I'm a bit behind and only just heard it...I feel a little bit let down by it, and I'm not sure why D:
    probably because it's a lame cheesy queen rip off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    :sad:

You're not supposed to warn them!

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    :sad:

You're not supposed to warn them!
    Hey, I've got to give them some chance! :tongue:

(Original post by mermania)
    bing.
    I did wonder how long it'd be before we heard that.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've got to give them some chance! :tongue:
    I've figured you out! I know why you're warning them!!

You want them to bugger off running so you can have me all to yourself :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    bing.
    I did wonder how long it'd be before we heard that.
    it makes me cringe so much
    and also extremely sad at what has become of muse :sad:

ReputationRep:
    omg Musewire is spoiling us on the picture front today! I'm not complaining if Matt has a new twitter addiction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    hahah, yeah I was a bit taken aback. I'm wondering if they wrote the whole thing in jest? It just seems TOO over the top. I dislike it more everytime I listen, and I don't understand Matt putting chopin's nocturne at the end when he could have so easily written something himself.

I think they certainly wouldn't have written that like Queen unknowingly that's definitely not their style. It's hard to judge having only heard the one song and maybe it fits together as part of a puzzle throughout the whole album?

After being away for so many years a whole lot is expect from Muse and it'd be pretty hard for the boys to deliver on that just because so much is expected, I think they were probably doomed to disappoint (a few/some) no matter what they did.

ReputationRep:

Hahaha, I er..

:ninja:

:vroam:

ReputationRep:
    I think they certainly wouldn't have written that like Queen unknowingly that's definitely not their style. It's hard to judge having only heard the one song and maybe it fits together as part of a puzzle throughout the whole album?

After being away for so many years a whole lot is expect from Muse and it'd be pretty hard for the boys to deliver on that just because so much is expected, I think they were probably doomed to disappoint (a few/some) no matter what they did.
    Tis true, I never expected anything that would surpass BH&R by much, but I am definitely not anticipating the next album any less. I'd like to see what Matt has made of this symphonic monster :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    hahah, yeah I was a bit taken aback. I'm wondering if they wrote the whole thing in jest? It just seems TOO over the top. I dislike it more everytime I listen, and I don't understand Matt putting chopin's nocturne at the end when he could have so easily written something himself.
    Definitely, i mean for what he has shown he is a very talented pianist - i take nothing away from people doing their take on a composition - but it's something which is underwhelming for me! The song of course is too similarish to Queen as well. All good and well that is but the problem is Queen were around 30 years ago, this is a bit late. Oh well, album can surprise me.

ReputationRep:
    Kasabian were amazing at the Relentless Garange today. Glastonbury sub-headlining act performing for 400 people :love:

I'm a spot pissed and I'm in work in, ooh, eight hours and 39 minutes :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Kasabian were amazing at the Relentless Garange today. Glastonbury sub-headlining act performing for 400 people :love:

I'm a spot pissed and I'm in work in, ooh, eight hours and 39 minutes :yeah:
    yay for going to work pissed. me and my friend were going to go into a lecture pissed but we didn't and its a bit late now when you're in 3rd year and its important

(Original post by benmh92)
    Definitely, i mean for what he has shown he is a very talented pianist - i take nothing away from people doing their take on a composition - but it's something which is underwhelming for me! The song of course is too similarish to Queen as well. All good and well that is but the problem is Queen were around 30 years ago, this is a bit late. Oh well, album can surprise me.
    There are many bands that take influence/sound the same as previous bands - I don't think it can ever been "too late". Plus it's one song I can't see him doing that on the whole album. Tis just a bit of fun in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    There are many bands that take influence/sound the same as previous bands - I don't think it can ever been "too late". Plus it's one song I can't see him doing that on the whole album. Tis just a bit of fun in my opinion.
    Of course influences are evident in a lot of songs/albums. But i just think it went too far with this track personally as there were a number of things too similar too what Queen done. Nothing wrong with influences and maybe it is a bit of fun, but maybe as a one off song or a b side it would do well but as it's on the album it has me worried.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.