Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Oh, it will be. (I've been to both). Well, unless it's changed in the last few years, anyway.

I really hope they put in an equal effort for both shows, and ideally play identical set lists. If they give Reading an extra rare or two I will be properly ****ed off. They've pulled that one before, with the first O2 night having a ****e set missing the likes of MK Ultra.

I must say, my excitement does seem to be resulting in a lot of needless angst :p:

I'm totally picking up an Origin t-shirt when I'm there. I like the one they've put up on the muse.mu website.

I agree... the thing they usually do is play two gigs at the same place and play a setlist which differs by one or two songs. At least with R&L there are gonna be less people who see both gigs so there's no reason why they couldn't play the same set. To be honest, as long as they don't skimp on OoS I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    I agree... the thing they usually do is play two gigs at the same place and play a setlist which differs by one or two songs. At least with R&L there are gonna be less people who see both gigs so there's no reason why they couldn't play the same set. To be honest, as long as they don't skimp on OoS I'll be happy.
    What would you rather have: OoS, Showbiz and Dead Star; or OoS, Guiding Light and Neutron Star Collision?

(I would love to see NSC for lulz )

ReputationRep:
    What would you rather have: OoS, Showbiz and Dead Star; or OoS, Guiding Light and Neutron Star Collision?

(I would love to see NSC for lulz )
    Well, obviously the first but I wouldn't feel too hard done by if I got the second as I've already seen deadstar live... also I haven't seen NSC so it would be quite amusing plus a new song to add to my 'ive seen this song live' list. Showbiz would be ****ing sexy though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Well, obviously the first but I wouldn't feel too hard done by if I got the second as I've already seen deadstar live... also I haven't seen NSC so it would be quite amusing plus a new song to add to my 'ive seen this song live' list. Showbiz would be ****ing sexy though!
    They said after OoS they would play "Career Spanning songs" so anything off Showbiz would be just :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futurism)
    They said after OoS they would play "Career Spanning songs" so anything off Showbiz would be just :eek:
    Ooh... that is exciting... Showbiz would be fricking awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Epic gig was epic.

I won't post spoilers (even in tags) for the Reading-goers, though.

ReputationRep:
    *curls in a ball and dies*

ReputationRep:
    Last night was awesomes... again, no spoilers from me but *orgasm*

ReputationRep:
    Will BBC show their Reading set?

It sucked that BBC didn't last night

ReputationRep:
    Cannot believe the bbc tonight, had been looking forward to seeing OoS in full for months, it was their big celebratory show and bbc3 ****ing cut all but 3 songs of it and only bothered to tell us afterwards, I don't know why I bothered watching it now :banghead::banghead:

I know they said it was the choice of the band's and that they didn't want to show songs they hadn't played in a while but I'm not buying that for one second, especially considering they play Feeling Good at every show and Citizen Erased quite often as well and both were cut. For anyone who was at either show I hope it was as amazing as I expect it would have been and I realise at least I saw some of the performance on the tv but the fact of the matter is that as far as I can see, it was advertised by both the band and the bbc as the full set and all of OoS so I'm understandably annoyed that it didn't turn out to be that.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, everyone I know, even the people who went to leeds were still fuming about them not showing oos....

ReputationRep:
    Just a slight change in topic. Their Glastonbury performance last year was indescribable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFvMSMt-6W4

f8uis\gfuogbyi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Goo Goo Doll)
    Just a slight change in topic. Their Glastonbury performance last year was indescribable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFvMSMt-6W4

f8uis\gfuogbyi
    Take BBC3 coverage, replace Reading stage with a pyramid, and throw The Edge in for an extra song. Perfect description :p:

Also, thingy-ma-doo up there was right - I was at Leeds and even I'm fuming. I'm not surprised, just incredibly disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    Any of you folks go to Leeds/Reading? Just got back home a couple of hours ago! Another amazing performance by Muse!

ReputationRep:
    No. I only saw the stage set in a picture and wanted to cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Any of you folks go to Leeds/Reading? Just got back home a couple of hours ago! Another amazing performance by Muse!
    I went to Leeds... twas good fun. Very pleased with the OoS.

ReputationRep:
    Very miffed at the BBC!!

Was looking forward to OoS and then they cut more than half the album!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    Very miffed at the BBC!!

Was looking forward to OoS and then they cut more than half the album!!
    I don't know what you're talking about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    OoS was epic, but if I'm really honest, I was a bit bored during the greatest hits. I suppose this was my fifth time seeing them, but... Meh. It was all very predictable from Uprising onwards, and certain songs such as UD, Resistance and (*sigh*) Helsinki Jam went down like lead balloons from where I was standing, even with the casual fans.

ReputationRep:
    OoS was epic, but if I'm really honest, I was a bit bored during the greatest hits. I suppose this was my fifth time seeing them, but... Meh. It was all very predictable from Uprising onwards, and certain songs such as UD, Resistance and (*sigh*) Helsinki Jam went down like lead balloons from where I was standing, even with the casual fans.
    Not surprised at that, think I would have been the same, they probably should have mixed it up a bit rather than separating the sets into OoS as part 1 and Greatest Hits as part 2, its a shame even with these gigs they're still too predictable setlist wise, though obviously can't complain at the decision to play their best album in full and it would be brilliant if they did the same with Absolution in a few years time

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.