Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the broadcast of Reading earlier, and man I'm really disappointed. I was looking forward to a concert dedicated to OoS, and they only showed 3 songs, what a disgrace. Whoever made that decision should be ****ing ashamed of themselves. I actually felt my heart drop when I heard the KoC intro; I thought there would be more.

I don't know whether it was the disappointment of OoS or what, but it felt like a really weak performance (for Muse). Which makes me wonder whether I've missed Muse in their prime, as I've yet to see them live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Either A) to release as a dvd in the future; B) to reward the people who'd actually got tickets with a special setlist or C) because they weren't confident with all of OoS so didn't want it broadcast in case it went wrong.
    Not sure if you're talking about the stadium tour as haven't read older posts but someone somewhere on the internet (perhaps here or muse.mu) uploaded the recording from the microphone piece which the band hears - it had the entire gig.

I had that on my old laptop before the blue screen of death appeared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    Not sure if you're talking about the stadium tour as haven't read older posts but someone somewhere on the internet (perhaps here or muse.mu) uploaded the recording from the microphone piece which the band hears - it had the entire gig.

I had that on my old laptop before the blue screen of death appeared
    No was talking about the recent Reading Festival gig. Could do with a recording of Wembley last year though now you mention it. Had loads of that sort of stuff and tons of bootlegs on an external hard drive which broke. Over 1TB of stuff lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    No was talking about the recent Reading Festival gig. Could do with a recording of Wembley last year though now you mention it. Had loads of that sort of stuff and tons of bootlegs on an external hard drive which broke. Over 1TB of stuff lost
    That is why I no longer trust saving things onto my laptop, I always put it on a seperate usb drive now. Sucks about losing >1B, that must've been a lot of stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDevilThing)
    Just watched the broadcast of Reading earlier, and man I'm really disappointed. I was looking forward to a concert dedicated to OoS, and they only showed 3 songs, what a disgrace. Whoever made that decision should be ****ing ashamed of themselves. I actually felt my heart drop when I heard the KoC intro; I thought there would be more.

I don't know whether it was the disappointment of OoS or what, but it felt like a really weak performance (for Muse). Which makes me wonder whether I've missed Muse in their prime, as I've yet to see them live.
    I was there and it was brilliant. OoS and the hits after. The best muse gig i've been to. The decision to show just New Born, Bliss and Plug in Baby on the tv was actually Matt's as he didn't want songs like Screenager which they hadn't played for ages and hence would sound a bit rusty, being played on tv around the wourld, is what i've heard.

Saying that they should release a dvd of the whole performance because of the tv disappointment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futurism)
    I was there and it was brilliant. OoS and the hits after. The best muse gig i've been to. The decision to show just New Born, Bliss and Plug in Baby on the tv was actually Matt's as he didn't want songs like Screenager which they hadn't played for ages and hence would sound a bit rusty, being played on tv around the wourld, is what i've heard.

Saying that they should release a dvd of the whole performance because of the tv disappointment
    Yeah I was thinking it would've been much better actually being there. It's a shame though, I was really hoping they'd show Citizen Erased, Feeling Good and Micro Cuts, which they've all played fairly recently (or at least I think they have). They can't have been rusty on all but 3 of the song on OoS.

Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/..._all_time.html

Didn't expect to see there what I did :p: A pity sone of my favourite covers aren't there, especially any of the ones Fightstar have done.

ReputationRep:
    New pictures of the recording of the next album:
    http://yfrog.com/z/h3gy0lnj
    http://yfrog.com/z/hsl2volxj
    and finally
    http://yfrog.com/z/kk33187408j
    (LOL Matt)

ReputationRep:
    WHY is this thread so dead?

hey there Matt

ReputationRep:
    Muse.mu sent out their latest Christmas present by email. My friend says it's awesome, but it's downloading at a pathetic rate for me so I can't verify this claim. The subject title implies it's Megalomania themed.

PLEASE let it be the Leeds performance where the fire was mental and burnt a significant portion of the stage - I was there!

For those who aren't in the loop, this should be a direct download link: http://links.mkt1397.com/ctt?kn=2&ms...g2S0&mt=1&rt=0

EDIT: Oh, said friend pointed out the file name contains RAH. So it's an old video. It might still be worth a view if they've applied some serious production values, but meh I'm (once again) disappointed by Muse's output

ReputationRep:
    It's Megalomania from RAH in 08... I was hoping for something from OoS from Reading...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlYR_5MEJZY

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinendal leralonde)
    hahahhahaha

ReputationRep:
    The randy old goat has popped another one out...

https://twitter.com/#!/CWolstenbeast...39164020838400

Gone on, my son!
    The one in his Twitter picture is a proper chunker.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even know there was another baby to come after Buster. I am a bad fan

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I hadn't realised this one... I think the bellamy baby had confused me into thinking they were done for now!

ReputationRep:
    How many is that now?

Credit where it's due, mind.

ReputationRep:
    Enough for a muse football team?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.