The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Apparently secret gig at the Den tonight - rumour has it.
Original post by hothedgehog
Apparently secret gig at the Den tonight - rumour has it.

yes! so I hear. my sister and mum are near there right now and i'm pretty jealous
Original post by museobsessed
yes! so I hear. my sister and mum are near there right now and i'm pretty jealous

I heard at about 4pm and I would have had time to drive down there (2.5 hrs) but it's just too much cost if they didn't!
Original post by hothedgehog
I heard at about 4pm and I would have had time to drive down there (2.5 hrs) but it's just too much cost if they didn't!

according to muse live who i follow on twitter people who are they say its very unlikely to be happening. Oh well, at least we're not missing anything epic
according to muse live who i follow on twitter people who are they say its very unlikely to be happening. Oh well, at least we're not missing anything epic

Yeah, I use ml too (great website!) and like you say. No gig tonight. Glad I didn't drive down now!
Original post by reddevilthing

i am very excitedddd
i am very excitedddd

I was worried beforehand, and now I'm even more worried. It was sounding good with the strings, the brass and the synth, and then they bloody ruined it.
For the first 90 seconds of the trailer I was extremely disappointed that they seemed to be disappearing further up their own arses with another pretentious concept album.... then BOOOM! or should I say WUUUUUUBBBB :biggrin: I always loved Muse most when it was 3 guys making as much noise as they could. My interest is suddenly piqued....

For those moaning, it'll probably only be one song in that style on the album, they always like to lead with the song that's the biggest departure from what they'd done previously eg, supermassive black hole.
Original post by rich2606

For those moaning, it'll probably only be one song in that style on the album, they always like to lead with the song that's the biggest departure from what they'd done previously eg, supermassive black hole.

I agree with this
however when I listened I didn't think that was clips from the new album, I thought it was just generic trailer music haha

Muse have never been a band to limit themselves creatively, thats all i'm saying
Reply 6110
I can't believe people's reactions. That trailer was made to create hype for the new album so it is no surprise that there are new different elements on there making people think and question. This is Muse we are talking about after all :smile:
I'm actually really glad that they're taking a different route on this album. I love Muse, but I think if they do too much of one thing it will get a bit same-y. Plus, I wasn't a big fan of The Resistance as a whole - I enjoyed the 3-piece prog at the end, and Undisclosed Desires, but the rest of it got a little pretentious the more I listened to it. I'm not completely into dubstep - but WOW the ending to that trailer sounded good. I'm very excited to see what they're going to put on this album and I have faith that they will pull something good out the bag.

Original post by Futurism
I can't believe people's reactions. That trailer was made to create hype for the new album so it is no surprise that there are new different elements on there making people think and question. This is Muse we are talking about after all :smile:

And I agree - they wouldn't be Muse if they weren't creating this hype. I just hope it's worth it come September!
Be patient tbph. :colonhash: Just seemed like a normal advert. The strings for the first minute are encouraging though :coma:
I like i think, at first i was a bit sceptical about attempted dubstep (i'm not much of a fan, my name is misleading :P ) ... but the more you listen to it, it starts to sound kinda more raw and Originy!
Another thought - that track should be INSANE live. For the first time in years I'm excited about Muse.
I WILL be at the shops the day this album comes out. Bring on september. And any subsequent concert dates I have the money to attend after that. :L
Reply 6116
Another thought - that track should be INSANE live.

Agreed! Whether people like the 'dub' or not... no-one can deny that the set of new shows that will come soon after the album are going to be amazing.

I can’t wait!
I'm making no judgement. :holmes:
So maybe Maffoo wasn't joking when he said this:

Ok, will start on Christian gangsta rap jazz odyssey, some ambient rebellious dubstep and face melting metal flamenco cowboy psychedelia (sic).
Reply 6119
Another thought - that track should be INSANE live. For the first time in years I'm excited about Muse.

Hell Yeah!!! The strings into the dubstep, if that is what the real song will be like, will be incredible, whether you like dubstep or not. :biggrin:

Also, could you not have made it to Reading or Leeds last year to see OoS?? :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest