Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    Another thought - that track should be INSANE live. For the first time in years I'm excited about Muse.
    Hell Yeah!!! The strings into the dubstep, if that is what the real song will be like, will be incredible, whether you like dubstep or not.

Also, could you not have made it to Reading or Leeds last year to see OoS??

ReputationRep:
    Well that was a massive shower of **** with a side order of naff video.

I don't understand people saying it's a change in direction, it's just as pretentious as half the tracks on TR with the latest craze genre thrown in.

I'm going to keep an open mind and listen again, but holy balls it don't look good. I hope this is doesn't represent the album (I'm thinking BHaR and USoE)

(I'm going to love this by September now, aren't I?)

EDIT: agreed with Rich though, I bet that would be epic live!

ReputationRep:
    European Tour!

http://tickets.muse.mu/en/

ReputationRep:
    EXPENSIVE! £65 for an arena! I'm still going to go though. Second London night is pretty much the only date I can go though as it's a Saturday and I don't know where I'll be living then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    EXPENSIVE! £65 for an arena! I'm still going to go though. Second London night is pretty much the only date I can go though as it's a Saturday and I don't know where I'll be living then.
    Very expensive, but I thought this would happen. Their ticket prices have been going up and up since BHaR tour, so it doesn't surprise me it's £55 (exc. booking fee). I really do want to go and see them again, though.

ReputationRep:
    I was a lot shocked by the ticket prices but someone just pointed out that the recent Radiohead tickets were £60 each so I think it's just a standard we've go to expect from big bands nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Broadly speaking, the optimum price for a concert ticket is the most they can charge while still selling out the gig - anything less than that is a bargain for the consumer. Supply and demand mother****ers.

ReputationRep:
    So i'll be starting uni this year in Durham which means Manchester will probably be the best bet. £65 though including fees, kind of takes the p*ss. I might try and get one or if not i'll hold out to a festival or wembley next year.

ReputationRep:
    Dont know whether to go for it! Studying in Oxford after the summer.. London O2 (Saturday) would be the best bet but as many are saying, EXCESSIVE PRICING!

I pray for Muse @ Wembley again!

ReputationRep:
    Surely they have to do a stadium tour next year too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OK Computer)
    Dont know whether to go for it! Studying in Oxford after the summer.. London O2 (Saturday) would be the best bet but as many are saying, EXCESSIVE PRICING!

I pray for Muse @ Wembley again!
    3rd time? I doubt you'll get it any time soon at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDevilThing)
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    So for anyone whos gonna apply for the members pre sale tickets, do you think we'll have a better chance of getting the tickets if you apply for a friday date rather than a saturday date? (at the same venue - london O2)

Im just guessing that the saturday date will be more popular (looking back at how the sat date sold out a hell of a lot quicker than the fri date at Wembley last time)

also, if you apply for 4 tickets does anyone know if you either get all 4 or none, or might you get only 2 or 3 tickets out of the 4?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for one ticket for Birmingham. God knows I don't have the money at ALL but i'm not not going to see Muse

(Original post by museobsessed)
    I applied for one ticket for Birmingham. God knows I don't have the money at ALL but i'm not not going to see Muse
    I read this as "but I'm not going to see Muse" :zomg:

Phew. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.G.M)
    So for anyone whos gonna apply for the members pre sale tickets, do you think we'll have a better chance of getting the tickets if you apply for a friday date rather than a saturday date? (at the same venue - london O2)

Im just guessing that the saturday date will be more popular (looking back at how the sat date sold out a hell of a lot quicker than the fri date at Wembley last time)

also, if you apply for 4 tickets does anyone know if you either get all 4 or none, or might you get only 2 or 3 tickets out of the 4?
    Honestly have no idea. I presume you'd either get all or none of the 4 tickets you ordered. Also, Saturday will probably be more popular as it's a weekend and the second date. I personally think it's worth the risk, second night is always a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Honestly have no idea. I presume you'd either get all or none of the 4 tickets you ordered. Also, Saturday will probably be more popular as it's a weekend and the second date. I personally think it's worth the risk, second night is always a lot better.
    really?? i always thought the first date of a particular venue would be the best (for any band) i imagine bands would be more into it the first time round and maybe thinking the second date being a bit repetitive of the night before (unless your talking about better support bands)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.G.M)
    really?? i always thought the first date of a particular venue would be the best (for any band) i imagine bands would be more into it the first time round and maybe thinking the second date being a bit repetitive of the night before (unless your talking about better support bands)
    I think it's a case of they're more settled and comfortable as they know a bit more of the area around the stage and their set up is perfected and I think a bit of familiarity is calming so they can focus on the show.

ReputationRep:
    oh alright, yeh i see your point

ReputationRep:
    I hope this is real :awesome:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.