Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I love showbiz. I wish they played songs from there more but heyy what'ya guna do?
    I've just got back from re enactment and I am totally floored of exhaustion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I love showbiz. I wish they played songs from there more but heyy what'ya guna do?
    I've just got back from re enactment and I am totally floored of exhaustion!
    The problem is amongst most Muse fans Showbiz is seen as the least big album. OOS, Absolution and Black Holes are all much bigger (and better for me) and it is songs from those that fans will ask for. I couldn't see myself enjoying Uno in a concert for example, i think it's one of Muse's weakest songs. They played Unintended in the Wembley dates which is a very pretty song though and probably the album's best for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    The problem is amongst most Muse fans Showbiz is seen as the least big album. OOS, Absolution and Black Holes are all much bigger (and better for me) and it is songs from those that fans will ask for. I couldn't see myself enjoying Uno in a concert for example, i think it's one of Muse's weakest songs. They played Unintended in the Wembley dates which is a very pretty song though and probably the album's best for me.
    What makes you think you know 'the fans' so well? Presumably people posting on this society are a pretty decent cross section of the fanbase and I, along with a few others from what I can tell, would love to hear them play more from Showbiz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    What makes you think you know 'the fans' so well? Presumably people posting on this society are a pretty decent cross section of the fanbase and I, along with a few others from what I can tell, would love to hear them play more from Showbiz.
    Well i'm just thinking that must be the case as thinking logically if Showbiz was the most in demand surely they would be playing more from that. But everyone else i've spoken to who are Muse fans have Showbiz as their least favourite so i dunno.

ReputationRep:
    If they played more from Showbiz.. :coma:

BH&R is my least favourite, Showbiz is well up there near the top. And I think a lot of fans would agree with me..

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm just thinking that must be the case as thinking logically if Showbiz was the most in demand surely they would be playing more from that. But everyone else i've spoken to who are Muse fans have Showbiz as their least favourite so i dunno.
    Not really, I don't see there's any logical reason to believe they've gone out and taken a poll of fans to see which songs they'd like to be played. Otherwise I'm sure the setlists would be quite a bit different!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    If they played more from Showbiz.. :coma:

BH&R is my least favourite, Showbiz is well up there near the top. And I think a lot of fans would agree with me..
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    I wish they still played 'Showbiz' live. That ruled so hard the one time I saw it. Really liked the live version of 'Screenager' too.
    Definitely both songs own... Screenager with Matt doing the Rachmaninoff Prelude in G Minor, Op. 23 no. 5 intro and Dom on the xylophone thingy.

Also wish they play 'Cave' and 'Dark Shines' would be amazing :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timtamtintok)
    Definitely both songs own... Screenager with matt doing the Rachmaninoff Prelude in G Minor, Op. 23 no. 5 intro and dom on the xylophone thingy.
    Did he do a version with Prelude in Gm at the start? The one on Hullabaloo has C# minor.

ReputationRep:
    Did he do a version with Prelude in Gm at the start? The one on Hullabaloo has C# minor.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLceKLI7R8g

Thank me later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timtamtintok)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLceKLI7R8g

Thank me later
    Ooh, interesting! It's more of his own composition based on the opening phrase of the prelude, unlike the C#m version which is pretty much lifted note for note!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, interesting! It's more of his own composition based on the opening phrase of the prelude, unlike the C#m version which is pretty much lifted note for note!
    :yes: and he has a little of B&H mixed in as well... very tasty

ReputationRep:
    BREAKING NEWS: THAT THERE BEN FELLER EXPRESSES HIS OPINIONS AS ACTUAL OPINION, RATHER THAN UNDENIABLE FACT

Shame you only did it once in a huge paragraph, but progress is progress I guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    Oi. Where has you been? :hmmm:
    Sorry my love, I've been preoccupied with working nights, sleeping, and [PROTOTYPE].

Can you ever forgive me? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    MK Ultra sounds like an awsum song..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    BREAKING NEWS: THAT THERE BEN FELLER EXPRESSES HIS OPINIONS AS ACTUAL OPINION, RATHER THAN UNDENIABLE FACT

Shame you only did it once in a huge paragraph, but progress is progress I guess...
    It was a nice moment.

ReputationRep:
    :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    :ninjagirl:
    :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    :adore:
    Hello :emog:

Yes I have no Internet :sad: hope to be remedied soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    Hello :emog:

Yes I have no Internet :sad: hope to be remedied soon
    Ah no, what happened? Did it run away?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.