Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    I'm sitting this tour out. For once, I can say that I'll be peeved if they do play rares
    Well I'm already slightly angry at them tonight, they apparently played Ruled By Secrecy, a song that I long to see live and 2 years ago they played it the wembley gig that I wasn't at, while people going on Saturday got RBS and Bliss, we on the Friday got ****ing Neutron Star Collision and I belong to you. I have a feeling they won't play it 2 gigs in a row. Though in other news they apparently rehearsed Muscle Museum tonight, maybe they'll do it at the O2 (knowing my luck it'll be the Saturday again though:rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Well I'm already slightly angry at them tonight, they apparently played Ruled By Secrecy, a song that I long to see live and 2 years ago they played it the wembley gig that I wasn't at, while people going on Saturday got RBS and Bliss, we on the Friday got ****ing Neutron Star Collision and I belong to you. I have a feeling they won't play it 2 gigs in a row. Though in other news they apparently rehearsed Muscle Museum tonight, maybe they'll do it at the O2 (knowing my luck it'll be the Saturday again though:rolleyes:)
    I heart RBS! I was so pleasantly surprised they played it at my Wembley evening, along with a few more classics.

Just looked at some of the sets of the first gigs. I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't like that kind of thing, but there's a massive surprise for me...

Spoiler:
    Show
    ... that they've played at every gig so far except the Glasgow one (which got RBS instead)

Falling Down!? :wtf:

But otherwise,

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm kinda glad I'm sitting this lot out. So many new songs and near-identical sets again, based on the first four gigs. I appreciate they have a lot of material these days, but surely that should give them more incentive to rotate songs in and out more? If I'm allowed to compare Muse to the much-hated-around-these-parts Radiohead for a second, they're a little bit ****e in this respect.

ReputationRep:
    Saw them tonight (for the 5th time ) and they were great as per usual.
    Matt jumped off the stage and ran along the front of the crowd grabbing hands which I've never seen him do before!
    (Original post by Olie)
    I would cry with jealously if they play Muscle Museum!
    RBS was awkward, a lot of people didn't know it and it was very quiet.
    Also a lot of people didn't know Stockholm Syndrome!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's got standing tickets for the Manchester gig, how early should I get there? Ideally I'd love to get right at the front (obviously!) but I've got seminars all day, not sure how many I can miss...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    Saw them tonight (for the 5th time ) and they were great as per usual.
    Matt jumped off the stage and ran along the front of the crowd grabbing hands which I've never seen him do before!

I would cry with jealously if they play Muscle Museum!
    RBS was awkward, a lot of people didn't know it and it was very quiet.
    Also a lot of people didn't know Stockholm Syndrome!
    Seriously? :facepalm:

And yeah, I can't recall ever seeing Matt do that before!

ReputationRep:
    I want to see Cave or Showbiz if they pull out some oldies. I've seen all of OoS and Muscle Museum is really the only other Showbiz song that would be amazing and I've seen that before too... saying that, any absolution rarities would be nice as I kinda missed out on the Abso years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Muscle Museum on the Saturday and i'll be a happy man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerseymackem)
    Anyone who's got standing tickets for the Manchester gig, how early should I get there? Ideally I'd love to get right at the front (obviously!) but I've got seminars all day, not sure how many I can miss...
    Before midday i'd say

ReputationRep:
    I noticed the the support band, the joy formidable were playing about a mile away from me tonight in a tiny student venue which I found quite funny, what a difference it'll be for them playing the o2 tomorrow night! Don't know much about them other than they're from north Wales, they've got a female singer but I've got one of their songs and its pretty decent.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by aliwilson19
    Seeing them on Friday!

Can't wait to hear all the classics, even a lot of the new stuff I really like but of course not as much as old stuff.

Pretty much my favourite band and have spent years wishing I had seen them sooner!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Same here, only 2 days to go! Would love to say I'm hoping for some rare older songs, but I fear with muse that may be optimistic! I dream of them playing Sunburn, which incidently did happen once randomly a couple of years ago in Australia I think but its fair to say it doesn't happen very often and one slight downside of muse gigs is they don't vary setlists much. But that aside of course I can't wait, loving some of the 2nd law songs and the stage setup sounds like its going to be mental, with a pyramid that apparently engulves the band at some point in the show I hear
    Lol, my dream of them playing sunburn came true, could not believe it, no one round me seemed to care that much but I went mental when that piano started, honestly never thought they'd play it

Fantastic as always gig wise, visuals stunning, pyramid looked superb and the band were great fun. Think they'll play muscle museum tomorrow night, I don't know that but I can see it being sunburn one night, mm the next. And I know some aren't too keen on it, but what opener unsustainable is, typically epic start to muse gig!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Lol, my dream of them playing sunburn came true, could not believe it, no one round me seemed to care that much but I went mental when that piano started, honestly never thought they'd play it

Fantastic as always gig wise, visuals stunning, pyramid looked superb and the band were great fun. Think they'll play muscle museum tomorrow night, I don't know that but I can see it being sunburn one night, mm the next. And I know some aren't too keen on it, but what opener unsustainable is, typically epic start to muse gig!
    And then Showbiz or Dead Star for Birmingham on Tuesday! (...we can all dream)

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling that they'll play muscle museum tonight in that slot. Will be nice.

I can't believe muse is tonight and I'm not super excite about it. I just went and planned all my transport etc. last night and was like 'phew, bed'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futurism)
    And then Showbiz or Dead Star for Birmingham on Tuesday! (...we can all dream)
    Not sure about dead star, but I'd say showbiz is a definite possibility now they seem to be bringing out a song from that album some nights. They've played falling down this tour, now played sunburn and apparently rehearsed muscle museum on Wednesday, so who knows!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Not sure about dead star, but I'd say showbiz is a definite possibility now they seem to be bringing out a song from that album some nights. They've played falling down this tour, now played sunburn and apparently rehearsed muscle museum on Wednesday, so who knows!
    Muse playing exciting setlists? Who'd have thought?? I'm glad i got tickets for this tour now. I was going to sit it out due to extra travelling hassle and the price of the tickets but bring on Tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)

:cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    :cry2:
    I think I saw Sunburn once or twice years and years ago. I wish I could remember it in more detail, I'd be a very happy boy if they played it these days! Totally didn't appreciate it back in the day.

ReputationRep:
    Last night was awesome. Bellamy has really become a frontman. He's not scared to run around with a mic and get the crowd going a bit. Good improvement in my eyes! The new songs went down well although I'm not sure that the whole crowd was really enjoying it, at the start I was expecting a surge to take me forward and that really didn't happen. I had to do some barging to get into the fun clump of people that was happening at about 5 lines back. Saying that, it didn't bum the gig out for me because I was having a ball - who cares if behind me weren't?!

All in all, a quality gig. Also, I was on the screen right at the end of the gig. YAY!

ReputationRep:
    Muse live on radio 2 and online

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/emxzp6

ReputationRep:
    Seeing them tonight, CAN'T WAIT!!!

ReputationRep:
    Saw them tonight, absolutely incredible!! Played New Born in that roulette slot (if that makes sense ) and Falling Down from their first album. And encore was Starlight and Knights of Cydonia!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.