Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawrr_charlotte)
    anyone going to any of the Emirates shows? I am, I'm so excited
    I'm seeing them on the 26th so excited and Matt promised old stuff and maybe a few B sides

ReputationRep:
    Currently listening to : Resistance

ReputationRep:
    Video for Panic Station just uploaded

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It's so... odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahsy)
    I'm seeing them on the 26th so excited and Matt promised old stuff and maybe a few B sides
    I'm going on the 26th too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahsy)
    I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    6 days to go :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, last night's london set list didn't look that outstanding. Not particularly fussed that I didn't go now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Meh, last night's london set list didn't look that outstanding. Not particularly fussed that I didn't go now!
    No spoilers peeps, don't worry!

It had quite a lot of entertaining visuals. so I don't regret going at all. The set list could have been a lot better, but in this day and age I can't blame them for playing the boring songs that'll sell tickets for the next tour. I can't imagine there'll be much variation from stadium to stadium either, given the complicated stage set-up.

Might very well be the last time I see them for a long time, unless they play some special gigs (similar to OoS 10th anniversary). If they play a play a rarity or two, which is about as much as you'll get these days, then I can most likely just watch a HD version back on YouTube. We'll have to see.

ReputationRep:
    Given the fact that I've seen OoS in its entirety now I don't really think anything I see muse do will top that. I think it's time for me to move on from my seeing them every single year - this year I break my muse streak - this would have been the 8th year in a row I've seen them!

ReputationRep:
    I could complain about the set list but there was a lot of songs on there they didn't play live last time I saw them so I'm satisfied.

ReputationRep:
    Went to the Emirates last night, 4th time of seeing them so don't look at the spoiler if you're going to any of the Manchester gigs!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spectacular as ever, its got to have been the biggest show they've done to date, amazing and crazy mechanical graphics on the screens and more props than they've had before and those funny actors like the banker guy chucking money everywhere during Animals lol.

Setlist was alright, I know they haven't played songs like B&H, Blackout and Unintended for a while before this tour so it was good to hear them, though perhaps not quite the rarities I was hoping to hear and I was optimistic to think for once maybe they wouldn't play so many hits. Though I guess the fact that so few people even quite near to the front of standing around me were singing along to Sunburn and Unintended says it all really. There was a guy on the train afterwards saying how he liked that they played Starlight at the end cause it was a song off the album he's got. I just find it odd someone would pay £50 to see a band who they only sort of like. And I was a bit puzzled by the encore and the sequence of Unintended-Blackout-Guiding Light, I know many of the harcore muse fans (like the ones off the muse forum) aren't big fans of the slower songs and they're certainly not fans of Guiding Light, so it felt a bit like they were trolling the fans a bit there! Not complaining, it was another great gig of course, I imagine it'll be another few years til I see them again.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that truly bugged me was the lack of Citizen Erased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betacra)
    The only thing that truly bugged me was the lack of Citizen Erased.
    He has no excuse, he used his 7 string manson for both supremacy and liquid state! WHY NOT CITIZEN ERASED??? Other than Guiding Light was an amazing set list! great to see Sunburn, MOTP and of course Butterflies and Hurricanes. Got right to the front (2nd row behind Chris ) and was generally a great atmosphere (except everyone randomly dying for the lightning bolt cover-c'mon guys its lightning bolt!)

Queuing at Emirates was shambles though! Had been queuing all afternoon then half an hour before gates opened everyone just stood up and piled towards the gates wasting everyone's time. My Friend got Doms Drumstick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioheadAnton)
    He has no excuse, he used his 7 string manson for both supremacy and liquid state! WHY NOT CITIZEN ERASED??? Other than Guiding Light was an amazing set list! great to see Sunburn, MOTP and of course Butterflies and Hurricanes. Got right to the front (2nd row behind Chris ) and was generally a great atmosphere (except everyone randomly dying for the lightning bolt cover-c'mon guys its lightning bolt!)
    Dang that's lucky, I went on the 25th and it looks like we saw different sets. Differences were:

25th
    Bliss
    Resistance
    United States of Eurasia
    Dead Star
    New Born

26th
    Map of the Problematique
    Hysteria
    Sunburn
    Butterflies and Hurricanes
    Stockholm Syndrome

I'm jealous of Sunburn because they didn't play that last time I saw them but I've seen the rest live (saw them 23rd November 2006). I was so happy when they played Dead Star yet so disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm and animation of the fans who obviously didn't know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betacra)
    Dang that's lucky, I went on the 25th and it looks like we saw different sets. Differences were:

25th
    Bliss
    Resistance
    United States of Eurasia
    Dead Star
    New Born

26th
    Map of the Problematique
    Hysteria
    Sunburn
    Butterflies and Hurricanes
    Stockholm Syndrome

I'm jealous of Sunburn because they didn't play that last time I saw them but I've seen the rest live (saw them 23rd November 2006). I was so happy when they played Dead Star yet so disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm and animation of the fans who obviously didn't know it.
    Yeah I jumped around like a lunatic while Matt was legging it back to the stage, as did a trio of gents behind me. Everyone else... *shrug*.

I'm relieved there was no clear cut better night more than anything, like with the last Wembley gigs (where I fortunately picked the better night).

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this post OMG in November last year at the Glasgow secc Matt pointed the mic at me during starlight and I sang through it while getting suffocated by a barrier and drenched in sweat (not my own xD ) but yeah best moment of my life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody get the free tickets for the show on the 2nd of June? I did!! So excited!!

ReputationRep:
    I saw Muse on Sunday at the Emirates and it was amazing! The only problem is that I mostly only knew the older ones rather than the ones on their new albums. Judging by the rest of the crowd they were in the same boat though!

Just a shame it was Dizzee Rascal supporting rather than someone good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oziris)
    I saw Muse on Sunday at the Emirates and it was amazing! The only problem is that I mostly only knew the older ones rather than the ones on their new albums. Judging by the rest of the crowd they were in the same boat though!

Just a shame it was Dizzee Rascal supporting rather than someone good.
    Credit where credit's due, Dizzee really won me round in the end. It's really not my kind of music, but I can appreciate he did an excellent job. Never thought I'd be saying that when I first saw the announcement!

... Having said that, I'm glad he's supporting the other Stone Roses night in a couple f weeks' time

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.