Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Credit where credit's due, Dizzee really won me round in the end. It's really not my kind of music, but I can appreciate he did an excellent job. Never thought I'd be saying that when I first saw the announcement!

... Having said that, I'm glad he's supporting the other Stone Roses night in a couple f weeks' time
    To be fair he wasn't that bad but it's not my cup of tea and I only know 3 of his songs so the rest of the time I had no idea what was going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oziris)
    To be fair he wasn't that bad but it's not my cup of tea and I only know 3 of his songs so the rest of the time I had no idea what was going on.
    Neither did two thirds of the bleedin' audience when Muse were on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oziris)
    I saw Muse on Sunday at the Emirates and it was amazing! The only problem is that I mostly only knew the older ones rather than the ones on their new albums. Judging by the rest of the crowd they were in the same boat though!

Just a shame it was Dizzee Rascal supporting rather than someone good.
    Not sure about the first point, to me there seemed to be a lot more people singing along to the newer Resistance/2nd Law stuff than there was to for example Sunburn/Unintended/B&H. But yeah I agree about Dizzee, tedious and definitely not a good support act for a rock band. Some of the crowd got involved, but other than maybe the songs everybody knew, most weren't interested unsurprisingly, some of his older hits are alright, but some of that newer stuff was awful and I got bored of 'Jump, Jump, Jump' over and over again, imo its better for your music to speak for itself and make the crowd respond themselves (i.e. like Muse's music) than doing this constant 'Make some noise!!' or 'Jump' between every song, which gets boring. I know that's the whole act of rappers but I still find it all tedious.

Sorry to be miserable, its just when you're waiting for arguably the best live band in the world right now, a rapper isn't what I want to be listening to lol.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you approached him with an open mind it was fine! He was a great entertainer with the picture, getting each side screaming! And the bass was absolutely mental, made you wanna jump. The people who just said, ewww dizzee not gonna jump around to that, just killed it. Admittedly the fact nobody knew the songs always makes it awkward but had a great time when he was on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioheadAnton)
    I think if you approached him with an open mind it was fine! He was a great entertainer with the picture, getting each side screaming! And the bass was absolutely mental, made you wanna jump. The people who just said, ewww dizzee not gonna jump around to that, just killed it. Admittedly the fact nobody knew the songs always makes it awkward but had a great time when he was on!
    Well said that man.

ReputationRep:
    Was at the Etihad last night, definitely as good as I remember them being a few years ago and I finally got Dead Star :coma:

Bomb Intro (intro music)
    Supremacy
    Supermassive Black Hole
    Panic Station
    Bliss (Extended)
    Resistance
    Animals
    Man with a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia
    Dracula Mountain + United States of Eurasia
    Dead Star
    Montpellier Jam + Feeling Good
    Follow Me
    Liquid State
    Madness
    House of the Rising Sun riff + Time is Running Out
    Stockholm Syndrome + Freedom outro

Encore 1
    Unintended
    Blackout
    Guiding Light
    Undisclosed Desires

Encore 2
    Unsustainable
    Plug In Baby
    Survival

Encore 3
    Isolated System
    Uprising (Extended)
    Starlight

:woo:

ReputationRep:

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    I was at that too! Probably why I think today's CH2 exam could have been better.. but it was worth it! Muse were fantasic, Dizzee better bthan everyone expected and Bastille deserve to support at such a venue. Muse though.. out of this world. I havent taken off my new shirt or wristband since!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe I've never posted in here! Off to see Muse for the twelfth time on Friday in Bergen, I'm a bit obsessed, haha.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2...-6bc63ab6.html

I'm half-laughing, half-crying at the same time.

All I know is that I'm moving to Japan for the next tour

Edit: This kind of sums up how i'm feeling right now - https://vine.co/v/hMqXiPzJnTZ :colonhash:

ReputationRep:
    This thread needs to be necromanced!

ReputationRep:
    So, coachella... wish I could go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    So, coachella... wish I could go!
    The 20th anniversary tour will probably make up for it from the sound of things though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattestro)
    The 20th anniversary tour will probably make up for it from the sound of things though
    What's 20th Anniversary tour? All I've heard of is a quiet year for them this year while they consider what direction they go with for ther new album.

ReputationRep:
    Another gem from takeabow19

I spend way too much time on the internet..

http://youtu.be/fCxgpwn13fE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    clicked thread thinking this would be full of people who like posing nude for artists lel.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'm a little late joining the party here

ReputationRep:
    Sooo... Who's hyped for #MuseDrones?

Seeing them in Brighton in 2 weeks as well, so excited!!

ReputationRep:
    I would go to Brighton but it's possibly the worst time of the year for me... Will be waiting for album and presumable November tour instead.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.