Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    I don't think MUSE are rearded too highly for their lyrics, but my GOD thus far they're kinda ***** on The Resistance. Are they trying to make some kind of point? I dunno...
    :rofl2: Did he say something about 'pigs' and 'heart attacks'? Gotta love Matt though.

I can totally agree, its part of the charm I guess.

'I have played in every toilet, and you still want to spoil it.' :dontknow:

Although some of them are pretty witty, I discovered the actual lyrics to the first verse of Sober and though it was quite smart.

Royal Canadian blended,
    the spicy aroma had mended me.
    Matured for years and imported,
    into my glass you poured it.

:love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    :rofl2: Did he say something about 'pigs' and 'heart attacks'? Gotta love Matt though.

I can totally agree, its part of the charm I guess.

'I have played in every toilet, and you still want to spoil it.' :dontknow:

Although some of them are pretty witty, I discovered the actual lyrics to the first verse of Sober and though it was quite smart.

Royal Canadian blended,

no no that toilet lyric makes perfect sense. hes on about the toilet circuit, as in the rounds of small gig venues that bands play in with next to no audience before they make it big. its actually a really clever lyric

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    no no that toilet lyric makes perfect sense. hes on about the toilet circuit, as in the rounds of small gig venues that bands play in with next to no audience before they make it big. its actually a really clever lyric
    I did know that. :yep:

But when I first listened I thought it was a ridiculous lyric.

Actually we'll probably have to look in BH&R for odd lyrics.

ReputationRep:
    I did know that. :yep:

But when I first listened I thought it was a ridiculous lyric.

Actually we'll probably have to look in BH&R for odd lyrics.
    lol sorry. from your post I assumed you didn't know that. ignore me
    it is a bit silly on first listen I agree

ReputationRep:
    Asda didn't have Uprising :no: They apparently don't sell singles. This is another reason why I wish I had a Tesco near to me instead.

ReputationRep:

Royal Canadian blended,

For too long I thought he was singing about royal Canadian bandits :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    im a big muse fan, love the absolution and BHaR albums, but im really dissapointed by the resistance so far. USoE and uprising are just a bit meh really, nothing special about them. hopefully they have kept the really good stuff back for later releases.

ReputationRep:
    Just listened to Uprising on YouTube. I like :yep:

Though it's more electro than I'm used to, it sounds like it'd be a good track to move to.

I mean, let's face it, we're probably not going to get another OoS or Absolution from Muse, because, let's face it, they're Muse. They stick to only one idea, and that's pushing the boundaries on what they can do.

Has anyone actually bought the single today? What's the track-listing on it? It'd be nice if we got a B-side on this one, a la SMBH. While SMBH took some time to grow on me, I absolutely instantly loved Crying Shame.

But, in the meantime, I've enjoyed the first two tracks from Resistance, though not as much as other tracks from other albums, and I will definitely be playing Uprising when I DJ again :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Has anyone actually bought the single today? What's the track-listing on it? It'd be nice if we got a B-side on this one, a la SMBH. While SMBH took some time to grow on me, I absolutely instantly loved Crying Shame.

But, in the meantime, I've enjoyed the first two tracks from Resistance, though not as much as other tracks from other albums, and I will definitely be playing Uprising when I DJ again :yep:
    Well in the interview with Zane, Matt admitted that they wrote precisely 11 tracks for the album. The album is all they wrote so if there are any b-sides it will probably be remixes or in the future, tracks theyve written on tour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banburyhammer)
    Well in the interview with Zane, Matt admitted that they wrote precisely 11 tracks for the album. The album is all they wrote so if there are any b-sides it will probably be remixes or in the future, tracks theyve written on tour.
    But they could use B-sides that they haven't used but wrote earlier...right? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    The single wasn't actually released today was it? I can find no mention of it's existence anywhere. It would be highly unusual for the single to be released the same day as its first radio play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    The single wasn't actually released today was it? I can find no mention of it's existence anywhere. It would be highly unusual for the single to be released the same day as its first radio play.
    Oops, yeah, my bad. It's out on the 7th of September :o:

ReputationRep:
    I just realised. 1:26-1:56 reminds me of Owls :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    no b-sides? omg! noooo

ReputationRep:
    lol sorry. from your post I assumed you didn't know that. ignore me
    it is a bit silly on first listen I agree
    I realised how that could have sounded so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    But they could use B-sides that they haven't used but wrote earlier...right? :puppyeyes:
    Hopefully, apparantly there were a load of tracks written for BHAR that have never been spoken of since, maybe theyll get put on as B-sides?

ReputationRep:
    I've been so disappointed with USoE & Uprising . I REALLY hope the rest of the album is better; BHAR was mostly crap & I had put all my hope in them producing something better for their next album. Sigh. I miss the old Muse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hispanic-Impressions)
    I've been so disappointed with USoE & Uprising . I REALLY hope the rest of the album is better; BHAR was mostly crap & I had put all my hope in them producing something better for their next album. Sigh. I miss the old Muse.
    Thats the thing. Theyre never old muse. Always different. I do like it though.

ReputationRep:
    http://muse.mu/images/theresistance.jpg
    album art :woo:

http://muse.mu/images/theresistance.jpg
    album art :woo:
    YAY!

Oooo that is preeetttyy :teeth:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.