Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well... listening to the first load of songs in the preview and i suddenly felt a lot less excited about the Resistance as each track passed... however Exogenesis sounded pretty good actually. but still a bit "meh" about the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    well... listening to the first load of songs in the preview and i suddenly felt a lot less excited about the Resistance as each track passed... however Exogenesis sounded pretty good actually. but still a bit "meh" about the whole thing.
    Agreed. :unsure:

But we haven't given it a proper chance yet so I can't wait to listen to the tracks in full :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Because, Sweet Pheebs of Mine, I happen to know for a fact you prefer the DP :awesome:

(Yeah, gotta focus all of this horn on someone for two weeks :teeth: )
    lol that was awesome
    for the record: if Matt asked, I would :p:

also OMG the amount of news. I need to hear the clips, see the artwork and teignmouth gigs!!!!! OMG maybe I need to visit my friends in Dartmouth

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard any of the clips.. hmm.
    Got access to presale tickets tomorrow morning.. should I go? I'm already seeing them in Birmingham.. but then again, it's a special gig, so they might play some old stuff? I'd hope. Aaaaaaaaaah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hispanic-Impressions)
    I haven't heard any of the clips.. hmm.
    Got access to presale tickets tomorrow morning.. should I go? I'm already seeing them in Birmingham.. but then again, it's a special gig, so they might play some old stuff? I'd hope. Aaaaaaaaaah.
    do it do it do it. It will be SO worth it. I'm seeing them in Birmingham too, we're having a muse soc meet, feel free to join us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    do it do it do it. It will be SO worth it. I'm seeing them in Birmingham too, we're having a muse soc meet, feel free to join us
    It would be a bit difficult, I'm moving into my new house on the 5th, so I'd have to go on the 4th.. and drive from Cardiff. Well, persuade my bf to drive me. Haha. It is £40 though.. aaaaah I can't decide!!

Oooh that would be cool!

I need to hear the album damnit.

ReputationRep:
    how do you get access to presale tickets/where do you buy normal sale tickets from for it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e_clark)
    how do you get access to presale tickets/where do you buy normal sale tickets from for it??
    From muse.mu

Muse are extremely pleased to be able to confirm two live events at The Den, Teignmouth this September. The two shows will take place on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th September 2009. Tickets will be £37.50 plus booking fee and postage, will be limited to 4 per order and will go on general sale on Friday 21st August from the links and phone lines below.

www.gigsandtours.com
    www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Credit card hotline: 0871 2200 260 / 0844 826 2826

Coach transport packages will be available from Gigs & Tours for a limited number of tickets. These will be departing from the following cities:

Bristol
    Birmingham
    Manchester
    London
    Southampton
    Nottingham
    Oxford

Tickets will also be available from a local box office in Teignmouth. Full details of this box office location and date/time of opening will be made available in local press only.

Finally, there will be a muse.mu members pre-sale from 09:00 GMT Wednesday 19th August. This pre-sale is restricted to currently registered members only. A unique code has been posted in your member profile in the 'Edit My Profile' section. Please follow the instructions in this section for access to the pre-sale on Wednesday morning.

See you at the seaside

ReputationRep:
    thanking you! God knows why I haven't seen that! Arghhhh now what to do! Teignmouth isn't that close to where I'll be in Cornwall, but I bet it will be a fantastic give and I'd give my left ovary to go!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in love with the sounds of Guiding Light, adore the sound of Exogenesis. On the other hand, not too keen on 'I Belong to You (+ Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix).

Others sound rather more poppy and very queen-esque.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to mention MK Ultra = :love:

ReputationRep:
    oooooo 9th of november!!!!! SECC...anyone else going??

ReputationRep:
    Zane Lowe's gonna be Djing before the second gig and then they're going to play highlights on the following Monday. :borat:

Seriously, if you can get there then go!!

ReputationRep:
    Listening to the Muse preview, some of those songs are sexual :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what the doom and glom is all about on here. The majority of tracks (but not all, I hasten to add) sound fair cracking so they do...

ReputationRep:
    argh i dno what to do about the teignmouth gig, arghhhhhhhh someone help me decide! I can get the there and back as staying in cornwall around then, along with a b and b total cost will probs be £100ish for me, which is a *lot*, espesh when I am going twice in november, but I get the feeling this will be an extra special gig with it being their home town and all....what does anyone else think? Same as the others or better? and What should I do arghhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e_clark)
    argh i dno what to do about the teignmouth gig, arghhhhhhhh someone help me decide! I can get the there and back as staying in cornwall around then, along with a b and b total cost will probs be £100ish for me, which is a *lot*, espesh when I am going twice in november, but I get the feeling this will be an extra special gig with it being their home town and all....what does anyone else think? Same as the others or better? and What should I do arghhhh
    I'm having a similar, if less costly dilema. my plans ride on a family I know down there being ok with me staying overnight

ReputationRep:
    Morning all
    I have a Teignmouth ticket
    that is all

ReputationRep:
    hmm presale tickets haven't sold out yet.. how odd. I wish I could go.

ReputationRep:
    I decided against going as I reckon all the BnBs, hotels etc would be fully booked and it was a lot of money when I am going twice in November...will be awesome though!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.