http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3UW2kqJ9R4

Nobody will know 0_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffking)
    You could always play like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3UW2kqJ9R4

Nobody will know 0_o
    You think anyone in the audience noticed? :p:

And we got moved down to the second page. How could y'all let that happen!!?

ReputationRep:
    FOR EVERYONE INTERESTED IN A MEET

This has to be organised soon, before everyone goes back to Uni and uses that as a lame excuse as to why they can't make it.

The general consensus has been to hold it somewhere in the Midlands. That would mean the best candidates are Nottingham, Birmingham, Leicester or Loughborough, with Derby as another potential.

I know a few of us want to do something more than just meet in the day; ie go out at night as well. So, as I know nothing about nights out at any of the other towns/cities, I'll post the pros of holding it in Nottingham.

- Prettier than Leicester
    - I can a few people up for the night, and I'm pretty sure others can get back to Loughborough easily
    - Has Rock City. Thursday nights, it's the student night. So there's a lot of mainstream ******** in the main room, but the drinks are BOGOF. Saturday nights, the music is slightly improved upon, some drinks are cheap (eg cheaper to buy a double vodka/JD/Sailor Jerrys than it is to buy a single), and Jager shots are £1.50.
    - We have, at the minute, the Riviera in the centre, which is basically a beach thing, with rides, booze and food.

If you guys seriously want to do this, I suggest some time in the first half of September. I'm unavailable from the 16th to the 26th.

What do you guys reckon?

[EDIT]If you guys aren't up for doing it so soon, then, in December, Nottingham has the German market in the centre, which is always full of nice lights, smells, and hot wine. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hold it in London ya swines

You're all oop north, no fair.

and weird :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    You're all oop north, no fair.

and weird :tongue:
    I'm only weird cos you give me a man reaction :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham has the amazing christmas German market as well. My vote is Nott, but i'm planning to be in Brum until the 19th. I spose I could come from here though

ReputationRep:
    Err... Don't discuss in too much detail, all the peeeeeedooooohhhhhhhs will come for ya.

Off to Reading now, see you on the other side :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    lol, I don't think theres a greater danger than Din himself :p:

I'm also going to be away until Monday but i'm being a medieval woman not going to Reading. I'll be online until lunchtime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Hold it in London ya swines
    ^^^ This :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    lol, I don't think theres a greater danger than Din himself :p:

I'm also going to be away until Monday but i'm being a medieval woman not going to Reading. I'll be online until lunchtime
    Cheeky!! And you can't leave! Not without leaving me a PM :hmmm:

(Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Err... Don't discuss in too much detail, all the peeeeeedooooohhhhhhhs will come for ya.
    She's kinda right though. That warning's redundant, since I'm already coming :p:

ReputationRep:
    Guess whose Muse tickets came in the post this morning?...

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    :five:

What are peoples sitting/standing positions like? Mine's not that great quite high up but I'm near the stage at least :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys all got your tickets through now??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    What are peoples sitting/standing positions like? Mine's not that great quite high up but I'm near the stage at least :tongue:
    I'm on the upper tier at the back, opposite the stage

(Original post by RJA)
    Have you guys all got your tickets through now??
    Yes! Have you not?

ReputationRep:
    Going to the gig in Teignmouth on Saturday. Can't wait, will be the first ever proper gig I've been to and what a way to start.

ReputationRep:
    Radiohead were PHENOMENAL last night. Best gig of my life for sure, despite being miles away from the front (see here). I don't think MUSE will ever top it, but hey my words are there to be eaten...

We realised while we were at Reading that The Resistance is only two weeks off. Seems to have taken forever to get here :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, is that the first positive mention of Radiohead in the Muse thread? I'm super jealous! Was it your first time?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.