Yeh. I was on crusade this weekend :p:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Crusade

Ooooh a Crusade huh - better that than the second one :tongue:
Stray_talk
Ooooh a Crusade huh - better that than the second one :tongue:

definitely lol
Dil-Emma
The toilets at Reading are groooosss.

They're the best I've ever seen at a festival. I won't forget the last night of Leeds a couple of years ago, where I nearly puked because of the smell... Ugh.

Also, first MUSEsoc person to contract Swine Flu? Ugh I feel awful. ******* festival and all the people...
JohnnySPal
They're the best I've ever seen at a festival. I won't forget the last night of Leeds a couple of years ago, where I nearly puked because of the smell... Ugh.

Also, first MUSEsoc person to contract Swine Flu? Ugh I feel awful. ******* festival and all the people...

Ok I should rephrase that, the CAMPING loos at Reading are gross. The festival ones were bliss!
I could smell the loos in Purple from 5 minutes away! It was dissssgusting.

Guess who has bought their 2010 ticket? Ooooh MEEEE!
Dil-Emma
Ok I should rephrase that, the CAMPING loos at Reading are gross. The festival ones were bliss!
I could smell the loos in Purple from 5 minutes away! It was dissssgusting.

I was on about the camping loos :confused:

I suppose I'm a guy though. No sittage for me :yeah:
The Reading camping loos last year were vile - I nearly threw up from the stench on the last day. Found the Leeds ones much nicer - doesn't make sense really :tongue:
Reply 1126
Arg, getting confused about how the hell I'm getting to Teignmouth now and I only live about 20-30 minutes away.

I was planning on getting that train but I can't make sense of the extra train timetable... I can see plenty of services from Paignton to Teignmouth on the first great western site, but the last return train goes at 11.15, and I'm not even sure if that will be late enough anyway?

So where is this broadmeadows park and walk thing? Anyone know exactly where it is? Methinks I'll be driving in real damn early just in case at this rate unless I make sense of this:

http://www.teignbridge.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=21509&p=0

I'm sure I can get from Paignton to Teignmouth easy but I'd like to get from Teignmouth to Torquay afterwards for a friend's party? aarg
JohnnySPal
Radiohead were PHENOMENAL last night. Best gig of my life for sure, despite being miles away from the front (see here). I don't think MUSE will ever top it, but hey my words are there to be eaten...
:

:ditto: :shh:

My friends all ditched me to go and see La Roux over Radiohead. -_-

Dil-Emma
The toilets at Reading are groooosss.

:sadnod: Monday morning - I nearly gagged because of the smell :| luckily we were far away enough for it not to be a problem :h: and the ones in the arena were Bliss (:wink:) so it wasn't so bad.

JohnnySPal

If you're the first I may be the second. Same festival, same people -_-

Dil-Emma

Same! Now all we need is for Muse to play Reading/Leeds 2010 :yes:

Can't believe the album will be here soon!
Duffking
Arg, getting confused about how the hell I'm getting to Teignmouth now and I only live about 20-30 minutes away.

I was planning on getting that train but I can't make sense of the extra train timetable... I can see plenty of services from Paignton to Teignmouth on the first great western site, but the last return train goes at 11.15, and I'm not even sure if that will be late enough anyway?

So where is this broadmeadows park and walk thing? Anyone know exactly where it is? Methinks I'll be driving in real damn early just in case at this rate unless I make sense of this:

http://www.teignbridge.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=21509&p=0

I'm sure I can get from Paignton to Teignmouth easy but I'd like to get from Teignmouth to Torquay afterwards for a friend's party? aarg

extra timetable??!! *is coming on the train all the way from Birmingham and is very worried*
Melting Sugar.
:ditto: :shh:

My friends all ditched me to go and see La Roux over Radiohead. -_-

:sadnod: Monday morning - I nearly gagged because of the smell :| luckily we were far away enough for it not to be a problem :h: and the ones in the arena were Bliss (:wink:) so it wasn't so bad.

Same! Now all we need is for Muse to play Reading/Leeds 2010 :yes:

Can't believe the album will be here soon!

Radiohead were very very very very very good. Yorkey boy was hilarious! Oh and I think your friends should be shot - although I was slightly annoyed that they clashed. I would have like to have seen La Roux - JUST FOR THE HAIR!
Monday morning was the worst ever! Festival site ones were wonderful :biggrin:

If Muse are not playing Reading 2010 I shall kill them for being so stupidoid. Ooooh album.
I don't think I'd go to Reading even if MUSE were one of the headliners. I feel I'd somehow be condoning all the violence and crushage and general indie ***** who'd, say, rather see La Roux over the almighty Radiohead. I mean, WTF!? Though the bands were excellent, I very much didn't enjoy the atmosphere. What happened to festivals being about the music?
JohnnySPal
I don't think I'd go to Reading even if MUSE were one of the headliners. I feel I'd somehow be condoning all the violence and crushage and general indie ***** who'd, say, rather see La Roux over the almighty Radiohead. I mean, WTF!? Though the bands were excellent, I very much didn't enjoy the atmosphere. What happened to festivals being about the music?

Aww there there Johnny. Reading is **** though, compared to Leeds - I definitely didn't enjoy it as much.
I think if I ever went again I'd go for a day or something rather than camp.
Reply 1132
JohnnySPal

I think a lot of people were more interested in setting everything on fire on the Sunday night a few years ago. Selling firewood was also a terrible idea. Getting lost whilst blind drunk clearly isnt helped by the fact you can't see through the thick, eye-stinging, choking smoke that covered every campsite :sadnod:
Despite not liking Radiohead much, i would see them over most of the bands in Reading tbh. I mean La Roux, Kings Of Leon, bullsh1t.
benmh92
Despite not liking Radiohead much, i would see them over most of the bands in Reading tbh. I mean La Roux, Kings Of Leon, bullsh1t.

Why don't you like KOL?

I actually thought their set was pretty alright. Just a shame that a lot of people aren't aware of songs like Molly's C.

But anyway, I doubt that Muse will be at Reading next year. Far more likely to be at Glasto.
moreiniho
Why don't you like KOL?

I actually thought their set was pretty alright. Just a shame that a lot of people aren't aware of songs like Molly's C.

But anyway, I doubt that Muse will be at Reading next year. Far more likely to be at Glasto.

I should have said more so for their latest album which is one of the worst 'rock' albums i have ever listened to. Their earlier stuff is good though yeah.
Guess what I'll be playing when I DJ Assault :awesome:

This!!

And maybe this...
JohnnySPal

I know, I know. At least I didn't go with them though eh? I think my Dad would have actually disowned me as a child if I came back and told him I went and saw La Roux over Radiohead.

I mean, WHY?!
I was surprised, out of the group of people I was camping with (12 people and then more around the site) NONE of them went and saw Radiohead :|

They either saw the whole of La Roux or a bit of Lostprophets then La Roux.
:|

But I agree completely about festivals being about the music, we camped in Orange and it wasn't as violent at all and on the last night people were going around giving out free beer and having limbo competitions so it was pretty good actually.

Seeing as i'm going next year anyway I'd quite like it if Muse did play, I'd be tempted to go to Leeds though because i've heard the crowd atmosphere is generally better but then again i've heard Sunday nights are worse than Reading.

I should point out I was camping with friends of a friend. My other friends :facepalm:'d when they heard they didn't go and see Radiohead.
I heard the Festival Republic stage was rammed to the eyeballs for La Roux. Makes your stomach turn don't it? LostProphets I could just about understand, especially with the kick arse line-up on the NME (last five bands were all awesome IIRC), but... Myeh.

Did anyone notice that the NME stage was fecking awful on the Friday/Saturday? I saw Florence and the Machine there and I think that's about it. Jack Penate? :toofunny: what a joke.

I've been looking at line-ups from a few years ago. It's incredible how much it's changed, for the worse.

I was on my own for Radiohead too, we should well have got together :yep:

ANYWHO, this is a MUSE society. I'll shush now.

Week and a half until the new album :woo:

Anyone else sick of the endless trivial MUSE Facebook messages appearing on their wall feed news thingy whatever iy's called these days? Tempted to get rid of them just to stop it...
Should be leaking in the next few days. Exciting stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest