Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    thats so harsh. she might have stupid eye make up but shes damn cool
    If by "damn cool" you mean "so very not" :awesome:

Was funny when she started ranting at the crowd at Rock City though, when they all booed off the support act, who was ******* terrible!!

ReputationRep:
    Uprising music video

ReputationRep:
    wow. love it
    evil teddies

ReputationRep:
    i want more teddies in the next video! i'm listening to unnatural selection at the moment.. i think it's my favourite song of this album... i'm not sure though to be honest, it's all solid!

ReputationRep:
    There are no blogs about Muse. I'm really tempted to start one, but then with the muse website and twitter they've pretty much everything covered. It would probably be pointless

ReputationRep:
    I'm really liking the new album. USoE and Uprising have now clicked and now really enjoying them both. Good times Much better than BHAR. But its hard to compare it to the other albums as it is so different. I love Matt's classical input (Chopin's excerpt and the symphony as 2 examples), this music is great to encourage on the youth (i sound old) as people are deemed uncool if you listen to classical music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    people are deemed uncool if you listen to classical music.
    Naah, **** that! Even I can take some time to listen to some classical from time to time. Especially Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. Though I also really like Evanescence's rendition of Lacrymosa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Naah, **** that! Even I can take some time to listen to some classical from time to time. Especially Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. Though I also really like Evanescence's rendition of Lacrymosa.
    I wasn't saying it's true of most of us, just a lot of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    I wasn't saying it's true of most of us, just a lot of people.
    No, I know what you were saying. Just...Oh, nevermind.

[EDIT]Moonlight Sonata just finished, and what comes on next? Mama Kin. Smooth Winamp. Reeal smooth :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Uprising music video
    Reminds me of the Audience of One video :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I has ze ticket for Friday 13th Nov concert. Anyone else going?

(Original post by Eneru)
    I has ze ticket for Friday 13th Nov concert. Anyone else going?
    Oh yeah :cool:
    You standing or sitting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    You standing or sitting?
    You'll be sitting...On my lap :awesome: :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    You standing or sitting?
    Standing ofc

Gonna try and get there really early

ReputationRep:
    You'll be sitting...On my lap :awesome: :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    Now I've had some time with the album, I have to say I quite like it but it sounds almost like the band didn't know what to do with themselves, they badly need a producer IMO, so many of the songs just seem to fizzle out around the middle sections with a kind of hollow sound (especially in Uprising).

High points for me are Resistance, US, MK Ultra and UD. Low points IBTY, GL. I'm indifferent to Uprising and USoE.

Hopefully now that the band's got this album out of their systems they'll do something more to my liking next time round. I don't dislike the non guitar based stuff, it's just that this time round it feels like Matt ran out of ideas a bit.

Better than BHAR though. I'll happily listen through the whole lot other than IBTY, unlike BHAR where Hoodoo, Exo Politics, Invincible and Take a Bow are always skipped without fail.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get this dislike with Guiding Light, nearly everyone doesn't seem to like it. Best song on the album for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    :sadnod:

(it is wrong that I laughed? :sigh:)

I didn't get it :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get it :puppyeyes:
    You'll get it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.