Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Must say I'm quite fond of their new album.

Seen them at Wembley too, so I guess I class as a fan, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Nice stuff, you done any grades on a piano? Or you just learnt it all from ear?
    I had some lessons towards the end of pimary school where I picked up the basics (namely how to read sheet music and some simple theory), but I didn't get far enough to attempt getting a grade. I started playing again a few years back while I was at college; I felt compelled to pick up To Zanarkand, the intro theme to Final Fantasy X, and went from there really.

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Lanky git :p:
    How the fack am I lanky ya dirty swine?

(Original post by Stray_talk)
    Show off!

That aside I think I'm slowly falling in love with your very clear piano finesse
    TBH I was ore trying to avoid :work: by the time yesterday. I'm so so sick of financial maths now, I can't wait for my exam to be over on Wednesday.

:top2:

ReputationRep:
    That aside I think I'm slowly falling in love with your very clear piano finesse
    :emo:

I thought you luffed me :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    I felt compelled to pick up To Zanarkand, the intro theme to Final Fantasy X
    :top2:
    Love FFX, love Zanarkand theme, Blitzball is own Jecht shot mark III :p:

FFVIII + Muse :yep: :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timtamtintok)
    FFVIII + Muse :yep:
    But that's like the two bestest things in the world evar :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    *runs into thread* hellooooo *runs away again*

ReputationRep:
    FFVIII
    Brilliant :top:

Muse
    Brilliant :godancing:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Erm... :wtf:

(Original post by museobsessed)
    *runs into thread* hellooooo *runs away again*
    :hi: Ms. Obsessed

*puts on his best Dinendal voice*

Are you running naked!? I wana see some of that, yo? :thumbsup: :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    :hi: Ms. Obsessed

*puts on his best Dinendal voice*

Are you running naked!? I wana see some of that, yo? :thumbsup: :yeah:
    hello Mr Pal
    and sure it was naked, anything for you

in real life news: my Muse CD is at home and i'm going to get it on Thursday! tooo late
    also I joined the burlesque soc at uni and my male friends joined up (they got told they could watch all the girls) awkward. oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    hello Mr Pal
    and sure it was naked, anything for you

in real life news: my Muse CD is at home and i'm going to get it on Thursday! tooo late
    also I joined the burlesque soc at uni and my male friends joined up (they got told they could watch all the girls) awkward. oh well
    Awesome :eek:

That would so get some reppage, but I wasted it on negging some annoying **** earlier. DAIIIIIMN.

I think we should collate TSR members going to see this tour, with their dates, seated/standing etc.. I like this idea now I'm going to a UK date :p:

ReputationRep:
    Awesome :eek:

That would so get some reppage, but I wasted it on negging some annoying **** earlier. DAIIIIIMN.

I think we should collate TSR members going to see this tour, with their dates, seated/standing etc.. I like this idea now I'm going to a UK date :p:
    haha. I love me some corsets and stockings hell yeh. its a big contrast to most of my life thou, i'm fairly scruffily dressed and hardly ever wear make up.
    oh dear this is gunna give Din a field day :sigh:

yayaya Birmingham 10th Nov NIA
    (possibly also Bologna and Lyon. maybe, depending on timetable which i get tomorrow)

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield 4th standing :yeah:

Birmingham 10th standing :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    opps, i'm standing too. obvs. right at the front in front of teh bellzor :p: *ahem*Mr Matthew James Bellamy

ReputationRep:
    Shall I add them to the first post :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    if you like
    you could always edit it out again after all the gigs have gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    Shall I add them to the first post :teeth:
    Why bother asking if you've already done it? God I'm, like, so in a totalitarian regime right now :haughty:

ReputationRep:
    Why bother asking if you've already done it? God I'm, like, so in a totalitarian regime right now :haughty:
    I preempt a Din euphemism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    I preempt a Din euphemism
    My prediction: "I'd insert my rigid length into Stray's totalitarian regime if ya catch my drift "
    (I'm thinking he'd mean he wants back door action)

I'v been xperimenting with the second half of Redemption on the piano but I ain't getting anywhere. I want to be faithful to the piano part of the song all the way through (you can hear it repeat a dunn dun-dun-dun dunn dunn dunn tune if you listen carefully), but it's really hard to hear it clearly and thus playage by ear is hampered

The alternative is to make up some toss melody for the orchestrated part, but I'm pretty sure it's possible to get the piano alone sounding fookin' mint :hmmmm:

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    :emo:

I thought you luffed me :emo:
    I said I loved his talent :tongue:

Rant: I can't believe how many people I've seen who are stillcomparing the ENTIRE Muse album to fecking Queen. One song sounds like a Queen rip off (let's bit critical here) but the entire album isn't based around those principles. I'm so bored of seeing people jumping on the bandwagon. Are they deaf or simply cannot think for themselves?!

ReputationRep:
    I said I loved his talent :tongue:

Rant: I can't believe how many people I've seen who are stillcomparing the ENTIRE Muse album to fecking Queen. One song sounds like a Queen rip off (let's bit critical here) but the entire album isn't based around those principles. I'm so bored of seeing people jumping on the bandwagon. Are they deaf or simply cannot think for themselves?!
    Worse still, it's not even the whole song! It's only small parts of the rocky sections IMO. How many Queen songs have a two minute Chopin outro? It's so so frustrating.

:rolleyes:

Even worse than that, people seem to talk as if adopting the style of a legendary band is naughty thing that never, ever happens in the music industry. Like, ever. I personally think it's a kick-ass song and I'm sure I'm not alone.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Worse still, it's not even the whole song! It's only small parts of the rocky sections IMO. How many Queen songs have a two minute Chopin outro? It's so so frustrating.

:rolleyes:

Even worse than that, people seem to talk as if adopting the style of a legendary band is naughty thing that never, ever happens in the music industry. Like, ever. I personally think it's a kick-ass song and I'm sure I'm not alone.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    You are not! Who else agrees?

I love USE, the entire album in fact :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.