Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Interesting stories about people you have met online? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Today I met a top Barrister online, from the USA who graduated from Yale in Law. He was really helpful and answered lots of my questions etc as I am a prospective Law student. Was really interesting and a chance to hear what it's like from someone 'up there' in the field. Assuming he was actually who he said he was, but it really sounded like it.

So, any interesting stories or people you have met?

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Met a few authors on goodreads, but it's not v. interesting.
    I used to go on this site a couple of years back, and there was this guy on there whom I used to debate with, and he was a Nazi sympathiser and hardcore Christian and trainee wrestler. Sort of person I'd never meet in real life.

ReputationRep:
    I met one of TSR's own. He was a cool fellow. I'd hang with him again.

ReputationRep:
    I've met a few interesting people on Omegle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I've met a few interesting people on Omegle
    ASL?

joke

ReputationRep:
    I 'met' quite an intersteing Californian girl on Omegle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamer99)
    ASL?

joke
    I never give serious answers when people ask me that anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I never give serious answers when people ask me that anyway
    I love it when they ask where I come from; I either say Earth or just paste the URL. :P

ReputationRep:
    I've had several really good talks on Omegle :yep: I got one guy's msn, we get on really well and he lives in Australia so I'd never meet him in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamer99)
    I love it when they ask where I come from; I either say Earth or just paste the URL. :P
    haha, I usually say something along the lines of "look behind you" for location, "give me a second to find out" for sex, and just mash the number pad for a while for the age

ReputationRep:
    I have met a nice person on Omegle. Also made a few good friends on TSR too

ReputationRep:
    Omegle is jokes. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    A croupier from Ceasars Palace - awesome bloke, many great stories.

ReputationRep:
    chatted to a dutch guy about dutch and australian football for over an hour once, was pretty awesome. Never knew his name or asl, didnt matter.

ReputationRep:
    I met a lawyer on Omegle and managed to get a free session on a few legal matters for some website I wanted to launch.

She was cool and spoke for an hour or so. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Some German geezer just spent the last hour explaining his phd thesis to me on Omegle, which was surprisingly interesting

ReputationRep:
    back when i was ?14? or so i got into a new hobby; it was an outdoors hobby, but there are large internet forums for people who do it (with members of all ages)
    i posted that i was interested in buying some second hand equipment for the hobby, and it wasnt cheap either (several hundred pounds) after saving up the money (it took two jobs to pay for) i found myself what i wanted, and some bloke was going to meet me by the local train station to exchange (i knew nothing about the person)

my parents know nothing at this stage

i toddled off to the train station, and promptly a white van pulled up
    the bloke (white, male 35-45 yrs) askes me to get in

so (bricking it) i did

he then says that he knows an abandoned garage nearby where we can do the deal, and starts driving

as it turns out, there was no funny business that night; we exchanged cash for the aforementioned equipment, and then he left

it emerged on one of the forums that he killed himself about a month later
    not all stories have a neat ending or punchline

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.