Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl lures a boy who is infatuated with her to his death. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jk.d)
    Either information from the attackers (unlikely) or the usual embellishment of stories by news companies for more emotional impact.
    Actually, the people who came after the attack probably heard him say it and, seeing as he didn't die straight away but the day after, he could have told someone - although I doubt he was in any condition to.

ReputationRep:
    Challenging gang culture

So many aspects of this tale make one catch one's breath:

• the fact that young Shakilus had been led to his gang-land execution by his ex-girlfriend, a 15-year-old schoolgirl;

• the fact that the victim had posted a social networking site profile of himself wearing a stab-vest and holding a knife next to a message in which he warns that if you mess with him he will "slash your face up"

• the fact that two of his killers had "tried hard" to build up a criminal record - the pre-requisite of a true gangster;

• the fact that Samantha Joseph - the girl in the "love triangle" - was prepared to see Shakilus murdered in order to win back gangster Danny Mclean, a man who beat her regularly.
    Some interesting comments as well (if you scroll down).

ReputationRep:
    That is awful Eughhh how can someone do that :lolwut: So sad

ReputationRep:
    these are the kind of cases where the US justice system would work best; you murder someone when you are 19, you are eligible for parole when you are 69. These boys will be out in 10 years - pretty confident if I was the boys father I would put these kids in the ground if they were out in 10 years.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sick.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a shocking case really , yes those involved are young but given the level of premeditation here they don't really deserve a second chance.The lass in particular knew exactly what she was doing.Wouldn't go as far as the death penalty but I think they deserve at least 50 years in gaol here.

ReputationRep:
    That's horrific.

ReputationRep:
    this is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    lol @ you lot not knowing this happens every single day in the ends

just that the victim don't always die

ReputationRep:
    That's sick. She (and the murderers) should be thrown into a room with the family of the victim who are armed with bats and knives and see how they like it .

ReputationRep:
    The guy who got stabbed was an idiot. The girl and the gang are a bunch of idiots too. All 6 of them gone off the street of London. If only we had more stabbings that killed/involved wannabe gangsters.

A good day for Justice I say.

HIHO
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    **** like this makes me feel sick to be a part of this generation. uk society has really gone to pot. there just seems to be no sense of right or wrong anymore

ReputationRep:
    Send the perps. to a hard labour camp for ten years to suffer unimaginable toil, hunger, thirst and torment before executing each and every last one of them by hanging. Throw the girl into some dingy, all-male third-world prison, and see how long she survives.

ReputationRep:
    It's vile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHRIS_PARTLOW)
    lol @ you lot not knowing this happens every single day in the ends

just that the victim don't always die
    Lies.

ReputationRep:
    "I don't want to die."

Ok, I guess that's why you were part of a street gang and why the News of the World found a picture of you posing with a knife. I mean, whatever. I'm sure that you could never have been a killer, or the sort of person who tells old ladies to **** off, or who makes youtube videos about your "massive" waving around your knives you actually have no idea how to properly wield but think you look cool anyway.

Oh sure, I understand that the murderers were in the wrong, and that they should get hugely longer sentences, but I wish the media wouldn't portray this kid as some kind of hero. He wasn't. He was the same sort of person that stabbed him. A great friend to his friends and a great enemy to his enemies.

Why do they only ever ask the family or the friends what their opinion is of the victim? Why don't they ask the perpetrator? Or the victim's enemies? Or neutral people? This isn't a one way street people. These people kill each other because they're stupid. Not because they're bad or because they're black or because they're poor. Because they're stupid. And this kid, evidently, was stupid too.

That's it. End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gman2k8)
    Lies.
    Shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    "I don't want to die."

Ok, I guess that's why you were part of a street gang and why the News of the World found a picture of you posing with a knife. I mean, whatever. I'm sure that you could never have been a killer, or the sort of person who tells old ladies to **** off, or who makes youtube videos about your "massive" waving around your knives you actually have no idea how to properly wield but think you look cool anyway.

Oh sure, I understand that the murderers were in the wrong, and that they should get hugely longer sentences, but I wish the media wouldn't portray this kid as some kind of hero. He wasn't. He was the same sort of person that stabbed him. A great friend to his friends and a great enemy to his enemies.

Why do they only ever ask the family or the friends what their opinion is of the victim? Why don't they ask the perpetrator? Or the victim's enemies? Or neutral people? This isn't a one way street people. These people kill each other because they're stupid. Not because they're bad or because they're black or because they're poor. Because they're stupid. And this kid, evidently, was stupid too.

That's it. End of.
    Shut up.

ReputationRep:
    No.

I refuse to accept that someone others referred to as a "fallen soldier" who poses on bebo with a knife is an innocent kid who is totally different from his murderer.

Sorry.

You join gang culture, you get what you deserve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)

that shakilus guy was just as bad as those who killed him

in all fairness he no great loss to the world, he could very well have ended up killing someone himself, that other kid the 14 year old that was killed outside his house cos the gang couldnt get thier hands on the actual target now theres a tragedy

How do you know these things?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.