Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Death probably isn't the best lesson tbh.
    Just slap him about a bit or sumin.
    I'm the same tbh. Just laze about doing nothing to help and just enjoying my summer before going to uni. ahh well

ReputationRep:
    thing is, i have too much of a conscience to have my parents come back to a **** tip, that's the last thing they want/need when they've been away. i daren't just go stay at a friends because i love my dog and worry he'd just get left and he's the kind of person that will run to my parents (as he did saying i was 'doing his head in') and complain and make me look like the bad guy, and again thats not what i want because i want my mam and dad to have a good time...

i tried leaving his mess but it got soooo bad i just couldnt take it anymore and cleaned up. i tried leaving his washing but again that just makes me look like the bad guy when my parents get back for being selfish and not just doing the whole lot so i know i'll do it in the end...

he had a phonecall for an interview today, and when he walked in, then walked out slamming the door mid telling him i tried to ring him but he didnt answer... so i sent him a message saying he'd regret it if he didnt ring me - THEN he rang me and had a go as usual and i told him to come home and i'd tell him what was said but because i wouldnt give him the info over the phone (it was a ploy to get him in the house so he'd help out) he rang my parents and thats part of why they had a go at me so i've just had a load of abuse from everyone.

i really am at the end of my tether and i'm sick of hearing myself moan, i know if i moan to my parents when they get back they'll feel the same too so i'm tempted to say nothing and just ignore them but that will make them kick off anyway, i just can't win...

oh and PS. i tried locking him out and he just stayed out anyway... grrrrrrr!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like my brother who is a total ****. I don't even speak to him anymore. Doesn't lift a finger around the house, gets money from my parents still (he is nearly 19), has never worked a day in his life and blames 'depression' as to why he can't do anything. In reality, he is just a lazy *******.

ReputationRep:
    When he leaves his stuff around put it in a bin bag and dump it in his room. Get a camera and every time yuo ask him to tidy something up and he doesn't take a picture of it. Tell him this and say you'll show your parents when they get back if he doesn't do something. By the time your parents get back you'll either have a helpful brother or a camera full of pictures incriminating him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conor Tickner)
    When he leaves his stuff around put it in a bin bag and dump it in his room. Get a camera and every time yuo ask him to tidy something up and he doesn't take a picture of it. Tell him this and say you'll show your parents when they get back if he doesn't do something. By the time your parents get back you'll either have a helpful brother or a camera full of pictures incriminating him.
    good idea but tbh they'd just think i was pathetic for doing it / telling tales... they know they've left it too late to discipline him so just don't. and tbh if they did, it would turn in to a row and the whole 'can't even leave you two for a week' tarnished with the same brush scenario so we both end up looking like a pain in the arse

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well could you try asking your parents straight up what you should do. Say that he doesn't do a thing to help and you shouldnt have to stand for it any more. Emphasise that you're trying not to spoil their holiday and that you dont want a massive fight about it but there must be something you can do.
    How old is he? If over 18 you could ask your parents if you could kick him out for the remainder of their holiday and he can only come back when either parents return or he promises to help out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conor Tickner)
    Ok, well could you try asking your parents straight up what you should do. Say that he doesn't do a thing to help and you shouldnt have to stand for it any more. Emphasise that you're trying not to spoil their holiday and that you dont want a massive fight about it but there must be something you can do.
    How old is he? If over 18 you could ask your parents if you could kick him out for the remainder of their holiday and he can only come back when either parents return or he promises to help out.
    this. i like this, thankyou. he's 18 yeah but they wouldn't go for that. i really don't know what i can do so your first bit of advice is ace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loulapops)
    this. i like this, thankyou. he's 18 yeah but they wouldn't go for that. i really don't know what i can do so your first bit of advice is ace.
    I'm glad to help. Cheers for the rep, I'll return the favour when I have some more

ReputationRep:
    JUST ACT LIKE HIM

DO TO HIM WHATEVER HE DOES TO U
    THEN HE WILL FEEL THE PAIN

pl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    Put all his stuff in black bin liners and change the locks.
    Tough love and all that
    this. or put it in bags any mess he has made and spread it all over his bed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.