Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age would you want a child?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What age would you want a child?? For me over 28+ srry :p: if thats to old lol

ReputationRep:
    Id say about 25 ish!

ReputationRep:
    I want one when i'm out of uni, and ive got a job. Preferably when ive repaid all uni debts, and got a house and enough income to be able to care for a child properly. So 26ish i reckon

I actually want one before that, but i wont have one because it wouldnt work

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on financial and social situation & boring stuff like that, tbh. Probably not before twenty-five, as I want to travel. Maybe not at all - I wouldn't have kids for the sake having them.

ReputationRep:
    when im about 30 and like really rich and married and im def having a c section id rather die than have a baby the normal way

ReputationRep:
    ASAP, given certain conditions.

ReputationRep:
    honestly, i don't want a child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsabax)
    when im about 30 and like really rich and married and im def having a c section id rather die than have a baby the normal way
    Really? Despite all the scarring?
    It does weird me out a bit, though, how a whole baby comes out of that, er, place!

Children? :erm:

If anything i'd adopt a full grown kid. Why contribute to the global population when you can instead get two birds with one stone: helping the disadvantaged and not increasing the population pressure?

Did i just bring science and sociology into kids?

ReputationRep:
    I am 17 and have a child, though didn't want one till around 25 it's the best thing that has ever happened to me

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsabax)
    Im so lucky to be a boy lol I don’t have to give birth to a baby. Women complain too much about giving birth lol it’s not that bad is it giving birth lol??

ReputationRep:
    I want a child now - I have an erection just thinking about it

ReputationRep:
    Well it's difficult to say when u want it,as u might not find a person first of all to have it with.The right person for u.But financial security is a must.U don't want ur child do missing out on things.So preferably over 24-25

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s/early 30s.

ReputationRep:
    25 is the typical reply i think - i would say if we're talking the next ten years (i'm 18) anytime in the latter 5 years would be great and a planned thing i'd hope but my attitude towards having babies is if it happens it happens - in an ideal world i'd like to be married with a job but if not - its a blessing rather than a disaster as i think its seen by most people my age nowadays

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm 21 now and there is no way I would feel ready for a child at this age. I couldn't see myself being ready at 25, either. That feels so...soon. So maybe late 20's/early 30's when I have lived a little.

ReputationRep:
    Mid - late 20s, I think. I'm getting scared just thinking about it :mute:

ReputationRep:
    When I'm 67.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Late twenties. Doubt that's going to happen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.