Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age would you want a child?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    About 30 I reckon Give or take a couple years.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I want to have my first child when im around 25-27 and then one or two in between and then my last around 35-37.

ReputationRep:
    Probably around 27/28. It gives me plenty of time to live my life and have fun before I settle down with marriage and babies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woop88)
    Im so lucky to be a boy lol I don’t have to give birth to a baby. Women complain too much about giving birth lol it’s not that bad is it giving birth lol??
    lol shut up you have other problems like wet dreams and ****
    have you never seen someone giving birth in like sex ed lessons ages ago? i saw it like on the simple life too, apparantly it like rips you if you get what i mean so before i was like kill myself i am never having a kid but now ive decided id rather have the baby cut out lol!!

ReputationRep:
    late 20s

ReputationRep:
    I'd have one now if I could, but I'm hoping to go to uni next year. I don't think I'll leave it too long. I'm thinking well before I'm 30, but then who knows where I'll be..

ReputationRep:
    I think 25 or 26. But I suppose it all depends on money/jobs etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    asap.. not immediately, but as soon as circumstances allow. 20 - 22 ideally

ReputationRep:
    30-35?

By then you hopefully should be ina stable job realtionship and done everything you wanted to do really.

However this all depends if you meet the man/woman of your dreams at say 21

ReputationRep:
    22? If I'm still with my girlfriend when I'm in my last year of uni (no reason why we shouldnt be) I think we'd be considering it there and then. I'd be 22 and going into significantly more stable job and income, shed' be a year into work as her course is 3 years. I can't see why you would want to wait much longer to be honest.
    It'd definitely at least be the time we'd stop using contraception and let whatever wants to happen happen.

(Original post by Rosnovski)
    asap.. not immediately, but as soon as circumstances allow. 20 - 22 ideally
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    22-28. No older

ReputationRep:
    30-35

ReputationRep:
    I never wanted kids, but i had a dream last night that i had a child, and its kind of changed my mind. But not until late 20's early thirties im afraid, im selfish, i want to time for my career first :rollseyes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Well I'll be in uni until I'm about 26. Then I want to be selfish for a few years, well, selfish with my girlfriend together lol. Then get married and settle down a bit, the have kids. So probably late 20s/30.

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 23 but I think I'd like to be about 27 or 28 when I first start having children, seems like a good age and hopefully I'll have my career sorted by then lol

(Original post by learner_dancer)
    Late twenties. Doubt that's going to happen.
    You'll find someone :console:

ReputationRep:
    23/24ish but it all depends on the situation.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    You'll find someone :console:
    Oh that's not the problem...

i'm more of a career-orientated *****...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.