Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age would you want a child?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    27 or 28 would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    My mum had me at 28 so around then would be nice :moon:

ReputationRep:
    When I'm 30(approximately) That's when I feel I will be fully healthy to cater to all its needs. Adopting sounds good by the way...

ReputationRep:
    27ish

About 32 I guess. Time to establish a career, find someone special, get married, get a house and a stable life first.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing around 24 or so.

ReputationRep:
    21/22

ReputationRep:
    around 35-40 would be the ideal time for me to adopt given my career choice.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Never?

ReputationRep:
    23+, once I get out of Uni, planning to get a job, settle down with my current boyfriend (if we're still together) and start a family Although right now I'll use condoms thanksssss :P

27/28? I don't want one when I'm into my 30s because then I'll become one of those "old Dads whose kid is still only 6". :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    mid twentiessss. if ever :/

ReputationRep:
    25-7 - around mid-late twenties, would be perfect. Ideally, I would want a suitable job first, so whether I get a suitable job at the age I listed would factor into having a child as I would want the child to be brought up in a good up bringing. I wouldn't like for my child to be brought up like I have basically!

ReputationRep:
    late 20s methinks...

ReputationRep:
    Preferably never, but if I absolutely had to have one, then 35-37ish.

I'm 25 now, and I'd still feel way too young at this stage.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I always thought I'd want a child between 25-28 ish. So mid to late twenties.

Turns out I'm 25 now and I'm due with my third (had my first at 21), so things don't always work out as expected. It's fine though I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    I never had a set age to have children, although I knew I wanted to be roughly in my twenties. My first child was born when I was 23 almost 24 and my second was born when I was 26.

ReputationRep:
    30+ so I can have loads of fun and be ready to have a child....I've then lived my life and ready to be a parent.

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s to early 30s.

ReputationRep:
    whenever I could afford to give him/her a good quality life both social and educational, so around 25-30........

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.