Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do people regularely wear thier universities clothing eg. uni hoodie? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I just wanted to know, because i remember when going to open days I saw that every uni had its own shop stocking its own uni clothing

ReputationRep:
    At my uni - yes.

Personally I have a club/society hoodie but only wear it for matches and training. But it isn't uncommon to see students on/off campus in one.

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a Uni, Society and Department hoodie, and yep it's quite common, but they're so comfy so it's unsuprising. It's not for everyone (some of my mates dont see the point), but the majority of people wear hoodies

ReputationRep:
    Same as above. I didn't get a hoodie, but i've seen loads of people wearing them quite often. I didn't want to stand out as a student when going around town, however looking back it would have been worth getting one. Maybe next year.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I love seeing all the tourists in Oxford, Cambridge and University of London sweaters... Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    I love seeing all the tourists in Oxford, Cambridge and University of London sweaters... Sigh.
    there are several unis in London though...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    there are several unis in London though...
    Have you never seen those god awful tourist shops in central London? They just sell generic sweaters saying "University of London" on it...

ReputationRep:
    Have you never seen those god awful tourist shops in central London? They just sell generic sweaters saying "University of London" on it...
    oh well i went to London when i was very young and then actually february this year for a UCL open day. hated the place, didn't really pay much attention to anything apart from the uni (which I hated).

so no i haven't :p:

ReputationRep:
    They look good, if you're in the town that the university are in.
    If you are in your home town and wearing a hoodie from somewhere random in the country it can look a bit odd. Especially if it is Cambridge, Oxford or London, as above...

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one, and probably don't think i'll ever buy one. My friend has one though with her course and name printed on it.

ReputationRep:
    I bought one, but didn't tend to wear it at uni. Since I've graduated, however, I've been wearing it quite often. Longing for the past already -- merely just over a month on.

Yea I wear it where ever tbh. Very warm :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    I wear mine at home, but I never wore it at uni. It's like wearing a band tshirt to a gig of the same band, it's not the done thing!

I bought a hoody more for memento purposes anyway, so I could wear it after I graduated. Although I did buy it in 2nd year because they changed the "University of Manchester" hoodies for "The University of Manchester" hoodies, and having a tiny "The" at the top just looks silly.

Now I'm going to Uni of Bristol for Masters I guess I'll have to buy a 2nd uni hoody, damn.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to buying one when I get to Uni in September Probs one of the first things i'll buy! And i'll wear it whenever I can't be arsed to make an effort dressing myself :P

ReputationRep:
    Since I started I now have hoodies from:

Departmental
    Hockey club
    Individual mens hockey team
    Halls
    Uni

So in the winter I could wear one a day in each week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    I wear mine at home, but I never wore it at uni. It's like wearing a band tshirt to a gig of the same band, it's not the done thing!
    :lolwut:

I always wear band T-shirts when I go to a concert of that band. Is it really that much fail? :confused: lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, and I can add the hoodies I already had from sixth form ... my old hockey club... the list goes on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    :lolwut:

I always wear band T-shirts when I go to a concert of that band. Is it really that much fail? :confused: lol
    Don't wear a QMUL hoodie. Ever.

Even I don't wear one.

ReputationRep:

There are UoL sweaters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Don't wear a QMUL hoodie. Ever.
    Elaborate on the reasons why - you've made me intrigued and I'm all ears now :awesome:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.