Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do people regularely wear thier universities clothing eg. uni hoodie? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Imperial Ski '09 hoodies :gangster:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    Elaborate on the reasons why - you've made me intrigued and I'm all ears now :awesome:

Oh. No reason why. I just think they look a bit... meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Oh. No reason why. I just think they look a bit... meh.
    I might go with the general University of London one, then. We're part of it, aren't we? :yep:

I will also be doing a part of my course at City, so I will have an opportunity to grab one of those! :teeth:

(I'd better watch out with them, though, and not enter the QMUL campus with the City hoodie and vice versa... :redface:)

ReputationRep:
    Im weraring mine right now!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't knew those kind of things even existed, if the uni of essex gots one who looks nice for me I don't see why not I shouldn't buy.

ReputationRep:
    I might go with the general University of London one, then. We're part of it, aren't we? :yep:

I will also be doing a part of my course at City, so I will have an opportunity to grab one of those! :teeth:

(I'd better watch out with them, though, and not enter the QMUL campus with the City hoodie and vice versa... :redface:)

Ok, QMUL>City to the extent at which you say QMUL long before you say City.

I was gonna do hist/journalism like you, but I didn't wanna go city. :p:

And YES WE ARE UoL!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I tend to just wear it around the house on cold days...

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna do hist/journalism like you, but I didn't wanna go city. :p:
    It's OT, but I've heard some good things about their School of Journalism, supposedly it's pretty well-equipped and doesn't have that bad of a reputation. :teeth:

Plus, considering my age, I really thought that doing a joint course in two subjects might be useful for me, to make up for all the years I've been screwing around and ******* around. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priceless_beauty)
    Hi

I just wanted to know, because i remember when going to open days I saw that every uni had its own shop stocking its own uni clothing
    There's a six page thread on this identical thread topic in the same forum from only a few weeks ago! :facepalm:

Why could you not use search? :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    It's OT, but I've heard some good things about their School of Journalism, supposedly it's pretty well-equipped and doesn't have that bad of a reputation. :teeth:

Plus, considering my age, I really thought that doing a joint course in two subjects might be useful for me, to make-up for all the years I've been screwing around and ******* around. :yep:

I'm at a point now though where I'm like hmmm, really wanna get into journalism but have no experience or anything. Maybe should have done journalism in the first place, like I actually wanted too. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    there are several unis in London though...
    But the parent institution is the University of London.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at a point now though where I'm like hmmm, really wanna get into journalism but have no experience or anything. Maybe should have done journalism in the first place, like I actually wanted too. :rolleyes:
    You doing politics, aren't you? You can get on a Master's in Journalism then, should top it up nicely :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You doing politics, aren't you? You can get on a Master's in Journalism then, should top it up nicely :yep:
    Masters is hard to do, ridiculously difficult to fund and like I said I have no experience; not seeing how I'd even get on the course tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people wear UoM hoodies here, I wear my Oak House (my halls :love:) hoodie regularly often, for bumming around.

ReputationRep:
    Masters is hard to do, ridiculously difficult to fund and like I said I have no experience; not seeing how I'd even get on the course tbh.
    No idea about the requirements... The higher grades the better I presume though, haha.

You can start getting experience on-line TBH, I know you're blogging, but you can treat it more seriously, like, have a proper, regularly published articles on a given topic, start doing podcasts/videocasts, etc. It takes time to master (pun not intended, btw :yep:) but TBH it can even turn to a remotely profitable business of your own. :yep:
    If serious enough, might be as well enough of an asset to help you sgt your foot in the door of an MA. Presuming you'd have the money, that is, and that you'd be a fairly recognizable and credible on-line personality. It takes time, yeah, I'd lie if I were to say it doesn't, but it's still much, much, much easier than even 5 years ago... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's all a bit silly. My uni hoodie (a law school one, rather than a general one) only gets used for jogging in the winter months now really.

I'd quite like a uni rugby shirt. I prefer things that are just crested, without the uni's name included at all. Scarves are also where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    No. I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    One of my teachers from a few years ago wears her Harvard zip up fleece. Everybody was like, wow?! did you really go to Harvard? She's a doctor of a science, can't remember what though...

Oh, she also has the neckband that you put your keys on...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I find it a bit nauseating to be honest. People seem to wear them all the time and I just can't understand such devotion to a university. :/

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when anyone wears anything with university insignia. The end.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.