Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday (around 3:30), I bought something online and paid £6 for next day delivery when normal delivery (2-5 days) would have been free. I doubt that it's going to be delivered today, so I was wondering if it's worth calling them up tomorrow and ask them for a refund on the delivery price, since delivery in 2 days would normally be free...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tam_Diman)
    Yesterday (around 3:30), I bought something online and paid £6 for next day delivery when normal delivery (2-5 days) would have been free. I doubt that it's going to be delivered today, so I was wondering if it's worth calling them up tomorrow and ask them for a refund on the delivery price, since delivery in 2 days would normally be free...
    Technically, it's not "next day delivery" anymore so yes i guess you'd have a right to your money back :smile:

ReputationRep:
    Depends, there's usually a time frame that you must complete the order by to get it next day (e.g. before 2pm) maybe you ordered it a bit late so you may get it the day after.

ReputationRep:
    If you're 100% certain of that being the case, yes, you have a right to ask for a refund on the delivery costs and I think they will have no problem in refunding you the money.

ReputationRep:
    depends if they have an order cut off time. One site I know does say " you agree to the fact next day will not ALWAYS arrive the next day if you order after the cut off for packaging deliveries(which is like 3pm or something on that site)."

ReputationRep:
    Ok, if it doesn't come today, I'm asking for a refund.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Erm, it's Saturday? Isn't it usually "One working day"? I'd check it if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the company's definition of next day, where did you order it from ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you'll find it next working day. In alot of cases you find it costs even more to select the option 'Saturday Delivery'. On top of that the cut of time for these tend to be 2-3pm, I've yet (though I could be mistaken) to see any later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citation)
    I'm pretty sure you'll find it next working day. In alot of cases you find it costs even more to select the option 'Saturday Delivery'. On top of that the cut of time for these tend to be 2-3pm, I've yet (though I could be mistaken) to see any later.
    I thought this too...but if you look when he posted the thread, i think he ordered it thursday afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the post get' picked up by couriers/royal mail before 3 pm so you would have to wait for them to post it today and seeing as they don't deliver Sundays, it should arrive Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Remember: next (working) day delivery does not imply same day dispatch. It will be one working day after it's dispatched, so unless they guaranteed same day dispatch before xx pm, I doubt you can really ask for a refund (although they might give one as a good will gesture).

ReputationRep:
    Nah next day delivery does include saturdays

ReputationRep:
    Next day delivery doesn't include Saturdays, as it is not counted as a working day. 3.30pm also sounds a bit late, and is most likely past their order cut off point, so I expect you to receive your goods on Tuesday, rather than Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Amazon offer next day deliveries on saturday until pretty late friday (6-7pm) if you're inside the M25.

ReputationRep:
    There will probably be a cut-off point of something like 2pm the day before you want it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.