wtf about that teacher hitting the kid watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    sald;sdklafkdfae

ReputationRep:
    are you joking me ?

ReputationRep:
    Latest is:

The guy had just come back from a 'stress-induced' stroke. It was one of his first lessons back and the kids were taking the mick outside and then started chanting about it inside too... It get's a bit murky from there but it has been suggested some students started getting in his face and physical with him whereupon he lost it and went a bit postal.

Does there come a point when enough is enough?

ReputationRep:
    hmm i guess they should been suspended or even expelled depending on how physical they got, but at the end of the day some people go to school just to mess around and i guess they dont realise teachers are actual people with feelings so constantly take the piss and wind them up but there are no excuses for the teacher locking him and that boy up in the store cupboard and leaving him bleeding to death

ReputationRep:
    the problem is todays kids in my opinion
    im only 17 and i am disgusted by my own generation
    Throughout all of history there has always been issues within teenage behavior but from what i understand either, teenagers have become worse or all of the societies of the world have moulded teenagers into something worse.

Meh. Im a politics student by the way and on a general basis I have a quite pessimist view the government and politics lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't for one second believe that the kid was totally innocent, but of course what happened was awful and wrong. He obviously shouldn't have been back to work. Awful, awful situation, and i hope the boy makes a full recovery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrunicl)
    the problem is todays kids in my opinion
    im only 17 and i am disgusted by my own generation
    Throughout all of history there has always been issues within teenage behavior but from what i understand either, teenagers have become worse or all of the societies of the world have moulded teenagers into something worse.

Meh. Im a politics student by the way and on a general basis I have a quite pessimist view the government and politics lol.
    The problem with the children is quite simply the parents. If you see a 6 year old kid screaming and swearing his head off, kicking his mum, where do you think he got it from?

Me and my friends are well behaved. We were raised correctly, taught right and wrong and learned how to gain and give respect.

Its a different story for some of the kids I knew though. They were always in trouble, disrespectful and aggressive. I know why when I looked at their parents. They didn't give a ****. A parent should teach a child far more than a school does in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsabax)
    violence is never the answer. how the hell are we meant to kick knife crime/asbos/gang culture if teachers are smacking around kids.
    no adult should have the authority to smack around anyone. point blank. what a ******* joke. if the boy was annoying him that much why not walk out of class or ask another teacher to cover him why he calmed down?

sorry for the rant. just makes me angry hearing stuff like that. :mad
    Well... how ARE we? Nothing really seems to be working. It seems to me that teachers smacking kids (though not to the level in this news story) would actually help tackle such problems, as it may teach children to behave!

ReputationRep:
    violence is never the answer. how the hell are we meant to kick knife crime/asbos/gang culture if teachers are smacking around kids.
    no adult should have the authority to smack around anyone. point blank. what a ******* joke. if the boy was annoying him that much why not walk out of class or ask another teacher to cover him why he calmed down?

knife crime/asbos/ gang culture exists partly because of crap parenting and parents not being allowed to smack their kids

ReputationRep:
    I'm not surprised about teacher hitting a student, i've seen little ***** piss around and i want the teacher to KO him, i know that if some crack head was swearing and spitting in my face then i would swing for him and take my punishemnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    The problem with the children is quite simply the parents. If you see a 6 year old kid screaming and swearing his head off, kicking his mum, where do you think he got it from?

Me and my friends are well behaved. We were raised correctly, taught right and wrong and learned how to gain and give respect.

Its a different story for some of the kids I knew though. They were always in trouble, disrespectful and aggressive. I know why when I looked at their parents. They didn't give a ****. A parent should teach a child far more than a school does in my opinion.
    True but there is the counter argument to that. I dont mean to sound insensitive but me and my brother were raised the same and we are a whole world apart. I believe i am generally a nice person, especially to family, but my brother is a different story. He is truly horrible most of the time to family and friends yet we were both raised almost identically.
    It sounds bad that i am sayin this about my own brother but he is the reason for my opinion on this kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    hey i went to school with this guy. Iv got to say that he was a really nice bloke and from what ive gathered he was under a lot of stress. Its so unlike him to anything like he did and he has got a lot of support from ex students, students, and staff alike. I think they must have pushed him beyond belief to make him snap, although i dont think that he shouldnt have hit out. He snapped becuase he was pushed to far, I hope he gets the help he needs because no matter what he was a good teacher and a good man

ReputationRep:
    If the kid gave him some stick, fair enough. Should give the little punks a beating now and again to get them in line. If he ever gets back to teaching (lol) no-one will mess with him again.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The Kid was a little ****, in a ****** comprehensive.

WE HAVE ALL seen it, people abusing teacher, most of us have even done it, it was bound to happen, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

I'm all for bringing back the cane, get some discipline in these *******!

I know i was beat with the belt and the wooden spoon by both my parents, when i would step out of line.

ReputationRep:

You cannot comment on something you don't know enough about.
    You don't know whether this kid was an annoying, cheeky little ****, pushing him to the edge.
    Also, his mental condition. Having that much stress is horrible. I doubt you have ever had that much stress to deal with.
    And if the teacher were your father, how would you react? You'd do something to the kids, wouldn't you?

/rant - don't just read the Daily Mail

ReputationRep:
    I kind of support the teacher. I am a 100% sure that the kid he 'assaulted' was a crackhead chav.

I have more respect for a piece of rotten **** than I do for a chav.

ReputationRep:
    I've read quite a lot about this story because initially I assumed that the child, well, 'got what was coming to him' in that he went too far. I mean I've seen kids push their luck way too many times in class. But after reading between the lines I'm more upset that the school didn't notice that the poor teacher was still suffering after returning from sick leave. Admittedly, I did read this in The Sun but he was apparantly walking around school talking to himself, he clearly needed more time to recover. Of course, I don't condone violence from teachers but if the teacher was mentally ill I don't think he should be charged with attempted murder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    The Kid was a little ****, in a ****** comprehensive.

WE HAVE ALL seen it, people abusing teacher, most of us have even done it, it was bound to happen, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

I'm all for bringing back the cane, get some discipline in these *******!

I know i was beat with the belt and the wooden spoon by both my parents, when i would step out of line.
    well said

ReputationRep:
    I bet the kid deserved it. I'd give a good smack to 80% of my year group.

ReputationRep:
    the teacher has been charged with attempted murder. It quiet upsetting he is a really nice man

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.