Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsabax)
    violence is never the answer. how the hell are we meant to kick knife crime/asbos/gang culture if teachers are smacking around kids.
    no adult should have the authority to smack around anyone. point blank. what a ******* joke. if the boy was annoying him that much why not walk out of class or ask another teacher to cover him why he calmed down?

sorry for the rant. just makes me angry hearing stuff like that. :mad
    The guy had a nervous breakdown...he was chatting to himself etc.
    He went completely mad.
    I think people know what he did wasnt right...

ReputationRep:
    poor guy having the nervous breakdown and everything, the kid probably deserved it in all honesty

ReputationRep:
    Ok, If he'd given the kid a black eye or something I might understand all your sympathy towards the teacher.
    But he repeatedly bludgeoned a 14 year old child in the temple with a 2kg metal weight and then kicked him whilst on the ground, leaving him in Intensive Care .
    How the **** is that in any way an understandable reaction? It doesn't matter what the kid was doing or how 'cheeky' he was being, the teacher is obviously violently unstable and deserves to be locked up, possibly in a mental institution.

How can a child 'deserve' to almost be murdered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Ok, If he'd given the kid a black eye or something I might understand all your sympathy towards the teacher.
    But he repeatedly bludgeoned a 14 year old child in the temple with a 2kg metal weight and then kicked him whilst on the ground, leaving him in Intensive Care .
    How the **** is that in any way an understandable reaction? It doesn't matter what the kid was doing or how 'cheeky' he was being, the teacher is obviously violently unstable and deserves to be locked up, possibly in a mental institution.
    **** that, he is no way violently unstable, he has been terroised by punks for 20 years, this kid just got the backlash of abuse. Did you know they were tormenting him, calling him singing man in the mirror by M.J but had chnaged the lyrics to pyscho in the mirror. The teacher is a decent honest man who has been pushed to the border of sanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    There is a fine line between what is acceptable as discipline and battering a kid to the point when they need to be admitted to hospital.
    This. Lol at all the people saying "he deserved it". The kid is in intensive! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

How can a child 'deserve' to almost be murdered?
    I don't think the teacher was right to do that, but I feel sympathy for him. He must have been pushed pretty far to do that.

I was reading an article about it on The Times website, and it said that on RateMyTeachers, one pupil wrote this about the teacher: “I was never a fan of science, so it was a miracle I had Mr Harvey. He’s absolutely hilarious and inspires confidence in even the least scientifically-minded.”

It's just sad that he ended up doing this, though obviously he shouldn't have done it.

ReputationRep:
    i think that doing that more often would put pupils in line tbh, too many kids think that they can just go through life acting up like they do.
    (y)

ReputationRep:
    im sure the kid deserved it !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XmattieX)
    i think that doing that more often would put pupils in line tbh, too many kids think that they can just go through life acting up like they do.
    (y)
    Yes. Corporal punishment would put them into line, attempted murder of them (like in this story) is going too far. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    **** that, he is no way violently unstable, he has been terroised by punks for 20 years, this kid just got the backlash of abuse. Did you know they were tormenting him, calling him singing man in the mirror by M.J but had chnaged the lyrics to pyscho in the mirror. The teacher is a decent honest man who has been pushed to the border of sanity.
    Did you skip the bit where he beat a kid half to death?

If he couldn't handle the pressure he had no business being in the classroom, especially as he had recently been ill due to stress. Teaching is a difficult profession. If he had been so 'terrorised' he should have quit and found a quieter profession.

Kids are kids, they call people names, they sing mean things, they act like little ********s. Most teachers manage to handle it without going crazy and nearly killing one.

ReputationRep:

If he couldn't handle the pressure he had no business being in the classroom, especially as he had recently been ill due to stress. Teaching is a difficult profession. If he had been so 'terrorised' he should have quit and found a quieter profession.

Kids are kids, they call people names, they sing mean things, they act like little ********s. Most teachers manage to handle it without going crazy and nearly killing one.
    I think bringing back the kane would be such a good idea, it would sort so many dicks out in all honesty alota kids need to learn respect. i bet this kid isn't gunna think twice about acting up to a teacher again (y)

ReputationRep:

bull ****, you did not know him, i did i went to that school. He could handle the pressure, he handled it for almost 20 years. would you give up your livelyhood becuase of a bunch of 13 -16 year olds? Mr harvey could handle it, he is an honest resepctable man who is much admired and loved by many. I dont know what they did to make him do what he did, its not excusable but he is ill. I feel so sorry for him I cant believe that he is being charged for attempted murder. fair enough kids are kids, but All Saints is full of kids who push teachers andone of them fell ill. I no what he did was bad, and im not saying it was the boys fault but children were partly responsible for his breakdown

ReputationRep:
    i bet this kid isn't gunna think twice about acting up to a teacher again (y)
    Probably because of the large amounts of brain damage inflicted by being repeatedly hit in head with a blunt object, I imagine.

This new generation have no respect, bring back the physical punishment in schools.

ReputationRep:
    Probably because of the large amounts of brain damage inflicted by being repeatedly hit in head with a blunt object, I imagine.
    yeah seems fine to me (y)

ReputationRep:
    Why are you all talking like you've lived during the cane years? What a load of ********.

ReputationRep:
    yeah seems fine to me (y)
    What does '(y)' mean?

ReputationRep:
    its a thumbs up

ReputationRep:
    An unfortunate set of circumstances. At the end of the day, if you push anyone far enough, they will snap. I feel sorry for the teacher and not the kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Why are you all talking like you've lived during the cane years? What a load of ********.
    i assume you are talking to me, i never claimed to have " lived during the cane years" it is just an opinion of mine. calm down a bit, its only a forum.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.