Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    An unfortunate set of circumstances. At the end of the day, if you push anyone far enough, they will snap. I feel sorry for the teacher and not the kid.
    Would you feel differently if the kid ended up with permanent brain damage?

ReputationRep:
    Bring back the cane.

Let the teacher correct where the parent fails to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Would you feel differently if the kid ended up with permanent brain damage?
    Your determined to stick up for the kid, and brush aside the teacher who is a victim just like the kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XmattieX)
    i assume you are talking to me, i never claimed to have " lived during the cane years" it is just an opinion of mine. calm down a bit, its only a forum.
    Not just you, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Not just you, mate.
    What's wrong with suggesting the cane. Some kids today clearly lack respect, and discipline used at the moment seems ineffective. The kids know the teachers can do nothing against them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    Your determined to stick up for the kid, and brush aside the teacher who is a victim just like the kid.
    On the contrary, I'm just trying to balance out all those who are jumping to the conclusion that he 'deserved' it and who seem to be downplaying the seriousness of what happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    What's wrong with suggesting the cane. Some kids today clearly lack respect, and discipline used at the moment seems ineffective. The kids know the teachers can do nothing against them.
    So essentially, you want kids to learn and respect teachers because they fear them? Highly unethical, is it not? It's just wrong, morally. Coming home to see that my kid has been beaten up for what, speaking out? Besides, it's highly ambiguous; how would you measure if the beating is too much, too little, the "right amount"?

ReputationRep:
    I'm suprised so many are in favour of corporal punishment. Sure, more discipline is needed, but that isn't the answer. It is too easily abused and isn't ethical. There is a reason we don't use pain as a punishment in the criminal justice system. I'm 16 myself, and have just finished year 11. I know there are plenty of d*cks, some of which I would really like to see hit in their smug faces. But I would be still be against that on moral grounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    On the contrary, I'm just trying to balance out all those who are jumping to the conclusion that he 'deserved' it and who seem to be downplaying the seriousness of what happened.
    Finally. Reading through this thread is a little bizzare. I think people have taken a look at his dodgy haircut and cocky smile, checked his age, listened to the alleged reports of what happened and assumed that the boy deserved it. That is tantamount to validating attempted murder, especially statements like 'he had it coming', or 'he was clearly stressed'. I feel the same pity over the gentleman as I'm sure everyone else on this thread feels, but I think that he'll be the first to admit his actions were rash, uncalculated, irrational and stupid. It doesn't matter whether he was pushed to breaking point or that he recently recovered from a stroke (a fact which makes the whole affair even more unfortunate); when it comes down to it he's a teacher, and he must deal with it in a correct manner.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of a friend goes to the school and apparently the teacher was found naked on the floor of the classroom :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    A friend of a friend goes to the school and apparently he was found naked on the floor of the classroom :/
    Not true.How would he have ended up with no clothes on in front of his whole classmates ?

ReputationRep:
    meh smack em it will do em good in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    Not true.How would he have ended up with no clothes on in front of his whole classmates ?
    I think it was after the initial event. Just sayin' what I heard, bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    I think it was after the initial event. Just sayin' what I heard, bro.
    cool thing, but i had cousin in that class in didnt happen

ReputationRep:
    I know what he did was wrong but i can't help feeling sorry for the teacher. I have seen kids disrepecting teachers so badly it makes me want to get a bloody blunt object out and have a go myself. (most) teachers went into the profession to help inspire and improve the lives of young people and i think its so sad that in this country so many kids have forgetten this, they seem to think that the teachers are just there to annoy them and dictate rules to them.
    Some kids just don't know when to stop and for a kid to continuously wind up a teacher who has been off sick with stress/mentally ill is a pretty stupid thing to do.
    I am not excusing what the teacher did but something like this was bound to happen soon the way this countries schools are going.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by amii_G)
    So essentially, you want kids to learn and respect teachers because they fear them? Highly unethical, is it not? It's just wrong, morally. Coming home to see that my kid has been beaten up for what, speaking out? Besides, it's highly ambiguous; how would you measure if the beating is too much, too little, the "right amount"?
    Wait wasnt beatings used not more than 50-60 years ago and did people respect there teachers, yes, did teachers beat children, yes, and children came alot more respectful to adults in those days than they do now. I went to a primary school that was allowed to beat and i tell you now YOU DO NOT FEAR teachers what it does it instil DISCIPLINE. im sorry its all that bureaucratic mubo jumbo like 'how would we know its too much' 'or the right amount' that means simple everyone is restrained due to thinkers like you. Im not having a go at you its just that we can never go anywhere if everyone tried to weigh up, question and scrutinize every decision a teacher would make.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go ahead and say the kid deserved it.

ReputationRep:
    Teachers shouldn't need to hit kids, maybe make it easier to send these punks home if they misbehave. If you don't stop them early, they'll keeping pushing and pushing...

But this event shouldn't come into this argument, it was a unique thing with unusual circumstances'

ReputationRep:
    i feel bad for the teacher.

attempted murder?!? so he is in the same boat as someone who left the house with the intention of killing someone, then with a gun shot someone 7 times but the victim happened to live. they both go down fo the same amount of time. thats ********!

any petition or something we can sign for the teacher? i mean 1/2 years in prision TOPS for the man. id rather he just lose his job and gets medical help for his mental problems.

yeah its bad the kid got hurt and the teacher needs to pay for waht he has done but thats WAY too extreme.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go as far as to say the kid deserved it; I wouldn't go as far as to say anyone deserves to be beaten with such severity. However, I do feel horribly sorry for the teacher in question. A stroke is a terrible thing to deal with, and perhaps he felt forced into coming back to work earlier than was advisable. These things happen. The kids probably just thought they were being funny and have no concept of what's it's like to struggle with mental problems. Like I said, they didn't deserve it. But the man is clearly not well and it won't benefit anyone to see him locked up in prison for attempted murder; far better he receives the psychiatric attention that he clearly needs.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.