Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else bricking it?

ReputationRep:
    thankfully I already know Ive got a 2.1 for my degree but I really want to know how well I did in this last semester. So less scared more curious. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I will be next year.

Btw, check out my thread in a few minutes...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I was - but found out I got a 2:1 overall for my first year this morning! What a relief

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, first year doesnt even count. Tbh, if you got anything above a 3rd in your 1st year, you've wasted a year of easy partying and enjoyment :P

ReputationRep:
    I got my best results of my whole degree in my first year (despite lots of partying and enjoyment) wish it had counted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddlers crossword)
    I got my best results of my whole degree in my first year (despite lots of partying and enjoyment) wish it had counted!
    How did you do in your degree in the end?
    I'm just glad I've got a good basis to work/improve on - the Uni decided not to give me special consideration despite having to miss 4 weeks due to having my tonsils out. Was a total nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    I'm just glad I've got a good basis to work/improve on - the Uni decided not to give me special consideration despite having to miss 4 weeks due to having my tonsils out. Was a total nightmare.
    I got 63.8 on one method of calculation, and 65 on the other method, so pretty much a straight down the middle 2.1! Was a bit stressed because I got a couple of 2.2s last semester (everyone did really badly on Victorian Literature for one thing) but got good results this semester to balance it.

I can't believe they wouldnt give you special consideration after missing 4 weeks for a medical thing! That is really harsh. Although people I know have had similar experiences with the uni not taking account of circumstances that would obviously have affected their performance, or just not being very flexible when people have had medical problems etc. It makes you wonder who would actually get special consideration. Well done for getting the 2.1 though especially with all that extra stress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    They are absolute ***** sometimes when it comes to that sort of thing. You have to get cancer or something to actually get extra marks. By the way, a 2.1 for your first year is brilliant, considering you only needed to pass!

ReputationRep:
    I got my results for first year: 2.1 as well molly. Well done us !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddlers crossword)
    I got 63.8 on one method of calculation, and 65 on the other method, so pretty much a straight down the middle 2.1! Was a bit stressed because I got a couple of 2.2s last semester (everyone did really badly on Victorian Literature for one thing) but got good results this semester to balance it.

I can't believe they wouldnt give you special consideration after missing 4 weeks for a medical thing! That is really harsh. Although people I know have had similar experiences with the uni not taking account of circumstances that would obviously have affected their performance, or just not being very flexible when people have had medical problems etc. It makes you wonder who would actually get special consideration. Well done for getting the 2.1 though especially with all that extra stress
    Hooray well done!! I bet thats such a relief. If this has taught me anything it is not to get ill - they won't care. I'm just hoping I avoid Mumps and Swine Flu in these coming two years as everyone seems to be getting those two!

ReputationRep:
    I got a 2.1 for my degree as well

66.9 on the "average" calculation
    68.0 on the "1/2 score" calculation
    70.0 on the "5/12 score" calculation

Which works out *just* below a 1st. If I'd got 2 more 1sts in any module in second, third or final year I would have got a 1st overall. So close! But I'm happy with a 2.1

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.