The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Somebody once said to me before I joined TSR, if you are going to join TSR then be very brave and disagree with the majority (if you agree with it not like a random 2 + 2 = 94) and show your courage and bravery...

Therefore I am going to conclude:

Dentistry > Medicine

...:ninja:
If you want to do medicine then YES, if you don't then NO.
toddlers crossword
Thats not really what makes a degree though...some people study their degrees just for the love of it, not because of a job at the end of it, and with all the degrees that aren't vocational its very hard to generalise things like future earnings, available jobs, what time it will take to find a job etc. You could be a graduate from a well respected course who ends up in a low paying job, or from a course which isn't generally well respected who gets on a great grad scheme and makes megabucks.

You just can't really measure medicine against most other degrees in the way you suggest I think, as medicine is primarily training for a future career, rather than 'just a degree'.

Very good point. In fact the best response to a post I've seen in a while. (+ rep).
*Examboy*
Somebody once said to me before I joined TSR, if you are going to join TSR then be very brave and disagree with the majority (if you agree with it not like a random 2 + 2 = 94) and show your courage and bravery...

Dentistry > Medicine

Obviously for you dentistry is the Worlds Best Degree, as you want to become a dentist.

If you said Medicine was the best degree than went and did dentistry woul would be insane!
There is no "best" degree. It depends what you want to do.
*Examboy*

Dentistry > Medicine

You sir, just crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed. :hmmm:
Reply 26
vas876
Obviously for you dentistry is the Worlds Best Degree, as you want to become a dentist.

If you said Medicine was the best degree than went and did dentistry woul would be insane!

I don't know what it is I just don't think Medicine is for me.

It is a great degree and you help a lot of people but I just don't think it's for me.

I am literally in love with Dentistry though...:woo:
Reply 27
The best degree is MMRS Maths degree at Warwick. The world most famous degree.
Reply 28
It's the best if you want to study Medicine and be a Doctor....If you don't then it's obviously not
Reply 29
Degausser
You sir, just crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed. :hmmm:

I knew somebody would say this...:p:

That is just my opinion to be honest, as said above I just don't think Medicine is for me.

Dentistry is amazing...:cool:

But I also agree that Medicine is an amazing degree...:woo:
This question is SUBJECTIVE, each individual has a different view.

Its like asking who its the most attractive person in the world.
Reply 31
Degausser
In a word, no.

Aren't you the guy with the thread about whether the lifestyle that inevitably comes with being a doctor is worth the sacrifice ?

So , does your answer here have anything to do with the decision you took ?
vas876
This question is OBJECTIVE, each individual has a different view.

Its like asking who its the most attractive person in the world.

I think you mean "subjective".
Jack Sparrow
I think you mean "subjective".

Yea my mind drifted when i was writing that.
FZka
Aren't you the guy with the thread about whether the lifestyle that inevitably comes with being a doctor is worth the sacrifice ?

So , does your answer here have anything to do with the decision you took ?

I am indeed. My answer here is that its not for everyone (obviously), but it is for me, and the two aren't related really. I said no to it being the best degree as that'd be a pretty close minded thing to believe. (surfing studies anyone? :awesome: )

The other thread was getting at not the degree/career itself, but what these detract from the rest of you time/life. In all honesty, I can't wait to start :smile: .
Reply 35
Not if you wanted to be an accountant.
Reply 36
No, it depends what YOU think is the best.
*Examboy*

Dentistry > Medicine

:rofl:
Reply 38
crazyferret
:rofl:

I don't think I've been brave enough...

I am going to make a thread on my topic...:yep:

...:cool:
Best as in most enjoyable? Depends.