Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

arghh just a rant really.

i've not been getting alot of sleep recently, i'm cutting out junk food for my holiday, i'm on my period, i'm missing my boyfriend alot (we're long distance until september) and i generally feel a bit out of shape as i know i've put on weight at uni. all this is making me a bit irritable and i've been snapping at my boyfriend alot recently. i don't mean to. but atm everything he says seems insensitive to me and i feel like he's not missing me because he never tells me he misses me.

but anyways, to cut a long story short. i snapped at him again a couple of hours ago and he said he'd had enough and that i had to cut it out because he can't keep putting up with it. to which i replied with another snappy, snotty text (i know, i know). He didn't reply and i started to regret it so i rang him and seemed to have woken him up. He was really grumpy and seemed annoyed at me. he said he was going back to sleep and hung up.

now there's nothing i can do because he's asleep and i just feel like i WILL lose him if i don't quit being like this. but i'm not doing it on purpose and i don't seem able to stop. it's really upsetting me and it's a vicious circle because the more i snap at him the less affectionate he is with me and the more i get annoyed at him and snap. please help me

Let him sleep, when he wakes up he might be less upset and phone him and tell him the first paragraph you told us.

(Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    Let him sleep, when he wakes up he might be less upset and phone him and tell him the first paragraph you told us.
    he knows all of that. that's probably why he's been so patient with me up until now. but he says i need to stop taking it out on him. which is true. but i literally don't mean to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)

This.

ReputationRep:
    Im so moody with my boyfriend alot, tbh i think it is the long distance thing. It puts alot of strain on things. Like if i was with my boyfriend and i got frustrated he would just be all nice hugs etc. But when were apart the whole situation bugs me and i take it out on him as i am annoyed at him for being apart...even though its not his fault i know but yeah i blame my girly hormones! Just let him sleep and tell him you are sorry for being so moody etc and explain how you know you shouldnt do it..he will understand, maybe he can just handle his moods better. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    arghh just a rant really.

i've not been getting alot of sleep recently, i'm cutting out junk food for my holiday, i'm on my period, i'm missing my boyfriend alot (we're long distance until september) and i generally feel a bit out of shape as i know i've put on weight at uni. all this is making me a bit irritable and i've been snapping at my boyfriend alot recently. i don't mean to. but atm everything he says seems insensitive to me and i feel like he's not missing me because he never tells me he misses me.

but anyways, to cut a long story short. i snapped at him again a couple of hours ago and he said he'd had enough and that i had to cut it out because he can't keep putting up with it. to which i replied with another snappy, snotty text (i know, i know). He didn't reply and i started to regret it so i rang him and seemed to have woken him up. He was really grumpy and seemed annoyed at me. he said he was going back to sleep and hung up.

now there's nothing i can do because he's asleep and i just feel like i WILL lose him if i don't quit being like this. but i'm not doing it on purpose and i don't seem able to stop. it's really upsetting me and it's a vicious circle because the more i snap at him the less affectionate he is with me and the more i get annoyed at him and snap. please help me
    bit early to go to sleep

ReputationRep:
    text him the ******* link to here, (or just what you wrote) Then praise me for saving your relationship / pointing out the obvious.

I accept cheques too.

(Original post by sam789789)
    bit early to go to sleep
    thanks for trying to stir it :rolleyes: but he wakes up at 4am for work so he usually crashes around 8/9

(Original post by Les_Etoiles)
    Im so moody with my boyfriend alot, tbh i think it is the long distance thing. It puts alot of strain on things. Like if i was with my boyfriend and i got frustrated he would just be all nice hugs etc. But when were apart the whole situation bugs me and i take it out on him as i am annoyed at him for being apart...even though its not his fault i know but yeah i blame my girly hormones! Just let him sleep and tell him you are sorry for being so moody etc and explain how you know you shouldnt do it..he will understand, maybe he can just handle his moods better. Good luck!
    i don't think he will understand though. i've done it so often lately. i've apologised so many times. he's exasperated and yet i can't stop. i'll say all that to him and then he'll say BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE IT OUT ON ME. and i'll say i know and i'm sorry and i won't do it again. and he'll say he can't carry on like this for much longer. and it will happen again. and again

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.