Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Weeing a little too often for my liking! Watch

ReputationRep:
    ARGHHH i want to scream. Seriously, i must have been to the loo about 20+ times today.

I'm not up the duff and i don't feel ill or anything. I've had plenty of UTI's before and it definitely doesn't seem like one of those..

Any ideas as to why the hell could i be weeing all the time? :confused:

I'm seeing the doc on Tue so obviously i'll definitely mention it, but in the mean time, i'm going a little crazy here, not to mention damaging the environment with all this toilet flushing :p:

ReputationRep:
    Drink less?

ReputationRep:
    Diabetes maybe?

ReputationRep:
    diabetes or overactive bladder syndrome? It was on Waterloo Road

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    damaging the environment with all this toilet flushing :p:
    "If it's yellow let it mellow; if it's brown, flush it down!" - Focker snr.

ReputationRep:
    i went through a peeing fit like 2 months ago, it was because i had a kidney infection, but you should go to the doctors instead of asking people on a forum who probs dont have any medical knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been drinking a lot? Or had like a real raging thirst or anything Aparently that's a symptom of diabetes, so make sure you tell your DR when you see them. Haha you've set me off, I need the loo now! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to monitor my weeing situation before i see the doc on tue. But this much is ridiculous! Since i wrote the first thread i've been twice more. If i wake up too many times in the night needing a wee, then the poor optician tomorrow morning is going to suffer my moody sleep deprived wrath :p:

Oh and don't think it's diabetes, not lost weight or anything. And i've had a kidney infection before and i don't think it's that either. V bizarre. Wonder if it's a side effect of something i've eaten/taken or something..can't think what though!

ReputationRep:
    you certainly have something.

ReputationRep:
    I find these things can cause this:

hot drinks
    celery
    cranberry juice

but lots of foods can do it. If it's not normal for you it's more likely to be something you've eaten/drunk or a small infection rather than diabetes. Could be cystitis or something similar. Anyway, you're doing the right thing by mentioning it to your doctor just hope you manage to sit in the optician's chair for long enough if it's still happening todaay

ReputationRep:
    if you're on the pill it could be that

ReputationRep:
    i have diabetes and didnt lose any weight before being diagnosed.

are you peeing much when you go, or just feeling the need to go and not really doing much when you get there

ReputationRep:
    Diabetics tend to use the toilet alot... have a few friend that are diabetic..

Maybe you just have a weak bladder?

ReputationRep:
    you may be diabetic, weak bladder?

ReputationRep:
    Shrunk your bladder by peeing too often? You can stretch it back out by holding until you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to go. Repeat. Worked for me. Although you should definitely tell your doctor in case it's something more serious...

ReputationRep:
    you might have a bladder infection? Drink some cranberry juice. If it carrys on go to your doctor! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Its a symptom of diabetes, as well as a number of other things.
    Basically, GET TO THE DOCTOR >>>NOW<<<

ReputationRep:
    Drinking less would certainly not help the problem, in fact it might exagerate it. My advice would be to make sure you drink plenty of water at regular intervals until you can see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Arrr this doctors appointment can not come quick enough can it

Yesterday was mostly ok, until the evening when i was at work, then it was ott weeing again, my boss kept looking at me as if to say "you can't be serious, AGAIN?!" lol. but today has been awful so far! So seems to be better some days and worse others..

I still feel pretty dandy though, so i fail to see how it can be an bladder infection,, i'm sure i'd feel more ill :p:

ReputationRep:
    I go to the toilet a ridiculous amount if I drink alcohol (i.e. 1-2 pints will make me go to the toilet about 3-4 times in an hour) and I've been checked for diabetes and others things, but nothing came back. So basically you could just have a weak bladder to certain drink.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.