Turn on thread page Beta

Weeing a little too often for my liking! watch

ReputationRep:
    So i went to my docs appointment today and the doctor thinks it's a UTI.

The conversation went something like this:
    me: "i'm weeing like a log" (no idea why i said log..)
    doc: frequent urination is a sign of a uti, i'll give you some antibiotics.

And sent me on my way with antibiotics. Without even checking my wee. Didn't ask about any other symptoms.. Now i've had plenty of these before and this time, i have absolutely no pain, burning, feeling like i need to go then can't etc.. Should he not have even checked my wee or something?! :o:

I don't really want to pay for antibiotics if i don't need them.. it just doesn't 'feel' like a uti.. am i being really silly???

ReputationRep:
    I swear you posted a very similar thread 2 years ago, thinking you might be diabetic... is it an ongoing problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becs_in_bath)
    I swear you posted a very similar thread 2 years ago, thinking you might be diabetic... is it an ongoing problem?
    You sure about that?!

I suffer from utis a lot yeah. Bizarrely enough, i get them LOADS when i'm on depo.. :confused:
    But no, no diabetes history! And like i said, it's impossible i have that anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    So i went to my docs appointment today and the doctor thinks it's a UTI.

The conversation went something like this:
    me: "i'm weeing like a log" (no idea why i said log..)
    doc: frequent urination is a sign of a uti, i'll give you some antibiotics.

And sent me on my way with antibiotics. Without even checking my wee. Didn't ask about any other symptoms.. Now i've had plenty of these before and this time, i have absolutely no pain, burning, feeling like i need to go then can't etc.. Should he not have even checked my wee or something?! :o:

I don't really want to pay for antibiotics if i don't need them.. it just doesn't 'feel' like a uti.. am i being really silly???
    Hmm this does seem strange. I'm also prone to UTIs (urgh horrible things) and yes as you've said- perhaps the major symptom along with needing to pee a lot is a terrible pain when peeing (which my Dr once described as like "pissing razorblades" haha). I suppose the Dr gets a lot of cases like this and perhaps it is often is a UTI. If I were you, does your local Drs do telephone appointments? My uni one does, you can usually get them the same day- so ring and tell them what you're saying here, explain what you didn't get a chance to tell the Dr in person. If not, would you feel more comfortable booking another appointment, perhaps with a different Dr? I don't know if I'd like to take pills I wasn't sure I needed (I don't mean to demean Drs here, obv they know what they're talking about- it just seems in this case, not all the facts were considered).
    I hope you get better soon!

ReputationRep:
    I am the complete opposite, I don't go enough! Hope you get it sorted out at the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from this every now and then. At first I thought it was cystitis but I had no pain or any of the other symptoms. Anyway, the doctor prescribed me antibitoics and they seemed to work because I stopped needing the toilet as much. It came back three months later so I went back to the doctors, and the antibiotics worked again.

The third time it came back I decided to ignore it. I thought it might be in my head so I didn't bother with the doctors. I took cranberry tablets which help your urinary system and avoided coffee and alcohol which irritate the bladder. This worked and now if I ever feel I need to go more often I just flush my system out with plenty of water and avoid certain drinks

I'd definately reccommend cranberry in any form because it stops bad bacteria from sticking to your bladder, so if anything it will help to prevent any UTIs.

Alice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    I go to the toilet a ridiculous amount if I drink alcohol (i.e. 1-2 pints will make me go to the toilet about 3-4 times in an hour) and I've been checked for diabetes and others things, but nothing came back. So basically you could just have a weak bladder to certain drink.
    Same here.

I also always get up to pee once during the night, which lead me to believe I may have diabetes.

I had a test for diabetes a couple of years ago. Came back negative. Didn't have any infection or anything.

The doctor didn't seem at all bothered and just passed it off as a weak bladder.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.