Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you won the lottery.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    What would you do?

Obviously a question done before but as a regular player of the lotto I found myself wondering what i would do.

I personally would spend some of it celebrating but obviously not too much then buy a nice car.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Pay off my mum's debts.

ReputationRep:
    Buy lamborghini Gallardo, donate money and making the investments.

ReputationRep:
    Help people in need....CHARITY.

ReputationRep:
    Give a chunk to my mum, put a chunk in savings for car insurance/student times etc, some in the bank and then go shopping

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I would buy me and my family a really nice but a not too extravagant house (a bit bigger and in a nicer location than the one we have now) and pay off the whole mortgage straight away.

Then I would take my family on holiday to Disneyworld. Something we've always wanted to do, but haven't.

Then keep the rest for a rainy day . . .

ReputationRep:
    im hoping i win that 40 million on euromillions after :teeth:

but what would i do? :moon:

well id buy a villa somewhere and a house in the usa. then i would get the worst clothes i have and go into a ferrari dealer to get a 430 scuderia and see if they turn me down

if they did i would tell them to contact my bank manager and then would tell them they can **** off and go to lamborghini dealer :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I would do so much that the amount I do tends to infinity...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    buy everyone on TSR apple macs to go on TSR even more.
    no no, everyone on TSR something they've always wanted
    and then a ferarri for myself!

ReputationRep:
    buy house
    buy biggest tv possible
    buy xbox 360 and ps3 and go mental

ReputationRep:
    Spend, share and save.

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't spend much until I'd left university, when I'd buy a nice house and car. I really can't think what I could spend millions on, so I'd probably give a large amount to parents/charity too.

TSR subscription would be the first thing I buy, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    1. pay off everything my parents owe on.
    2. rent/buy a place for my best friend so she can move away from home and her bat **** crazy mom.
    3. buy a fast car.
    4. write my will
    5. probably end up wrecking the car and dying.

Pay off the remainder of my parents' mortgage;
    Pay all university fees;
    Buy an entirely new wardrobe;
    Bung some in a savings account and have it debited to me monthly, about £350 a month.

I want to win the lottery .

ReputationRep:
    Move to America, go to university, and....SHOP

ReputationRep:
    Put it in the bank then live off the interest.

ReputationRep:
    Always said I would give x amount to my parents, other family members and friends. From the rest, I would donate a chunk to charity, invest in a property and get on with life [with a few holidays here and there!]. Would love to take a year out and travel the world - that would be amazing too.

ReputationRep:
    20% to charity.

Then I'd buy some muffins.

Then, I dunno, burn the rest?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I would give a lot to my parents, pay off my sister's mortgage, send my Grandma to see her friend in Australia.
    Apart from that, I would learn to drive and buy a car and just enjoy been able to buy whatever I want (not extravagant stuff, just things that I don't usually have the money to buy, like lots of new clothes). I'd pay off my credit card too, do another undergraduate degree (Biology and Forensic Science) and an MA in Creative Writing.
    I'd send my parents on holiday too - on a cruise, which my Dad would like, and to Venice, which my mum would.
    I would donate some to charity as well, and also do voluntary work instead of working, at least for a while.

ReputationRep:
    I would spend it all in a month, and have the most lavish time possible. But I would treat it as a temporary period of awesomeness, I would spend it quickly so that it wouldn't affect me for the rest of my life. I would want to have to get a real job, otherwise your life doesn't really have much meaning, you are just living off some lucky choice of number, not very satisfying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.