Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you won the lottery.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Depending on how much donate to charity, help to give shelter to people less fortunate as well as food and help create schools.

I'd try to keep about 5 million to myself.

I'd like to think i'd give to charity, you never know greed might devour my soul
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I would give a lot to my parents, pay off my sister's mortgage, send my Grandma to see her friend is Australia.
    Apart from that, I would learn to drive and buy a car and just enjoy been able to buy whatever I want (not extravagant stuff, just things that I don't usually have the money to buy, like lots of new clothes). I'd pay off my credit card too, do another undergraduate degree (Biology and Forensic Science) and an MA in Creative Writing.
    I would donate some to charity, and also do voluntary work.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but is this if you won £1 million or £26million or what?

It depends how much exactly I won.

BUT-
    I would -

Give about 50% to some people in a thirt-world country or something.. I'd rather go to the country and help myself though, rather than giving it through a charity or something. They'd need it more than I do!

Make some investments
    Buy a big house.
    Ermm, open a business? - so instead of wasting it all I'd have some money coming back my way.
    Go shopping
    Help out my mum and dad.
    Put the rest in a bank

ReputationRep:
    Probably drop out of university and jump on a plane to anywhere else in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming I won so much that I didn't have to work ever again?

I'd become a permanent student, just doing degree after degree.

Finish my physics, then chemistry, then maths, then computer science, then some kind of engineering. Repeat ad infinitum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaJz92)
    Buy lamborghini Gallardo, donate money and making the investments.
    a gallardo? if you won enough you could try and get a reventon (looking at it makes me cream :drool:) or failing that, the new murcielago LP 670-4 SV.... just as sexy.

(Original post by wootwootwoot)
    I would spend it all in a month, and have the most lavish time possible. But I would treat it as a temporary period of awesomeness, I would spend it quickly so that it wouldn't affect me for the rest of my life. I would want to have to get a real job, otherwise your life doesn't really have much meaning, you are just living off some lucky choice of number, not very satisfying
    best answer yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    buy everyone on TSR apple macs to go on TSR even more.
    no no, everyone on TSR something they've always wanted
    and then a ferarri for myself!
    Everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Buy lots of property and cars. Lots of nice **** to go in my property. Then travel the world. Until whenever I get bored. Which probably wouldn't be for a fair few years.

ReputationRep:
    I would spend it all in a month, and have the most lavish time possible. But I would treat it as a temporary period of awesomeness, I would spend it quickly so that it wouldn't affect me for the rest of my life. I would want to have to get a real job, otherwise your life doesn't really have much meaning, you are just living off some lucky choice of number, not very satisfying
    As opposed to the meaning and satisfaction your life gains through working your arse off every weekday just to afford the things that you could afford without doing so if you'd won the lottery?

ReputationRep:
    This. I think many people don't realise how unfufilling life would get very easily if you had it all just there for you. Why I feel sorry for really rich kids who never have to work:rolleyes: Also you might have a sudden surge in people wanting to be your 'friends' and your current ones having a lot more time for you...self concious much?

I'd probably give most of it to family, close friends and charity. Maybe get a car and other things I should really have by now anyway.

The most extreme thing I'd do would probably just set up my own business. Could look a bit of a **** having no business knowledge whatsoever though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    As opposed to the meaning and satisfaction your life gains through working your arse off every weekday just to afford the things that you could afford without doing so if you'd won the lottery?
    That applies to a lot of people (including myself, if only for the summer) but I think the majority of people here will go onto university to do what they really want to and get into a job they love doing. I think that's a little different to a job you'd just do for the money. There's 'work' and then there's work

ReputationRep:
    I'd go and have a **** on the doorstep of where i work..

ReputationRep:
    Buy a house in Ilkley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionsquestions)
    Everyone?
    even you questionsqustions
    name you're price, seeing as we're talking hyperthetically here

ReputationRep:
    Travel the world. Buy more gadgets than you can shake a stick at. Buy a house. Invest in some Google shares. Live off interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    even you questionsqustions
    name you're price, seeing as we're talking hyperthetically here
    Whatya mean even me? **Goes to room crying profusely**

ReputationRep:
    I would pay off all of my mum's debts.

I would buy my brother a house.

I would put enough money for a house in a trust fund for my other brother (on the proviso that he can access it after he gets a degree).

Then I'd buy myself a house and a Kawasaki ZZR1400. Then finish my degree, going onto do MA and PhD.

Then after, I'd travel the world.

ReputationRep:
    buy a massive rubber dingy then just chill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gummers)
    but a massive rubber dingy then just chill
    i like your style

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.