Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Life just seems so pointless at the moment i don't even want to wake up anymore cos its just another meaningless day
    i've been trying so hard to keep up a happy face to everyone but i'm just cracking up inside
    i don't know what to do, no one knows how bad i feel, and i'm sure they'd just think i was over reacting to nothing.
    ;(

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing anything with yourself atm?

You in college/uni/job/looking for a job?

What I find helps me to carry on is by thinking about all the plans I have for the future and just making sure I do a little bit each day towards them.

ReputationRep:
    Join the club!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yup- join the club. I've been sleeping 20 hours a day. And everything seems so ******* pointless.

ReputationRep:
    sucks doesn't it

sorry not much help

ReputationRep:
    Get a new hobby

ReputationRep:
    Play WoW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    Are you doing anything with yourself atm?

You in college/uni/job/looking for a job?

What I find helps me to carry on is by thinking about all the plans I have for the future and just making sure I do a little bit each day towards them.
    I just finished my first year of uni and now i'm back home.
    Loads of my home friends have gone their seperate ways as they have graduated or are graduating now.
    I have plans to to abroad next summer to volunteer or something and maybe work abroad when i'm older, but theres not much i can do right now :/ I work a few shifts a week in a shop aswell.

You sound like Clinical depression which is quite bad because it's a state of negative mind of thinking the worst of everything. Lost interest is a sign.

I had depression for a while, I hated myself and my life. It was hell... I recovered when I found a way of being positive about myself and my life again. My self esteem rose.

I would see the GP, get CBT, get counselling, and hopefully have support/fun from mates,
    Just try to have get over it somehow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    Yup- join the club. I've been sleeping 20 hours a day. And everything seems so ******* pointless.
    20 hours? thats impressive. i took the extra sleeping pill last night and i slept 10 hours but still woke up several times in the night :/

ReputationRep:
    Keep your future in mind, look forward to it.

Keep yourself occupied. Anything will do - study/work, exercise, hobbies, novels, movies, whatever. Think up a creative project or personal goal and run with it (write a book, build something, program something, be able to run X miles in Y time, anything).

Break up monotony by going places. It's the summer now, go on a holiday with some friends if you can, otherwise have unusual evenings out or go and do interesting things. Maybe every week or two. Do new things by yourself as well.

Be strong, be proud in the bits of you that you like - it might not directly address the problem but a little self confidence always helps.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Raindrop87)
    20 hours? thats impressive. i took the extra sleeping pill last night and i slept 10 hours but still woke up several times in the night :/
    20 hours...naturally...

sigh. I'd rather be asleep than face the day tbh.

ReputationRep:
    why?

you have great offers.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Deyn_08)
    why?

you have great offers.
    I know, but at the moment, NOTHING is going well for me. I doubt I even met the offer...

I'll stop moaning now, nobody likes a moaner.

ReputationRep:
    I know, but at the moment, NOTHING is going well for me. I doubt I even met the offer...

Don't worry.

Moaning is good somtimes. Lets off steam. kind of in a rut myself anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You sound like Clinical depression which is quite bad because it's a state of negative mind of thinking the worst of everything. Lost interest is a sign.

I had depression for a while, I hated myself and my life. It was hell... I recovered when I found a way of being positive about myself and my life again. My self esteem rose.

I would see the GP, get CBT, get counselling, and hopefully have support/fun from mates,
    Just try to have get over it somehow...
    Sometimes i don't feel this low and i wonder why i was being so silly but then i come crashing back down.
    I shall try and go to the gp.

ReputationRep:

Going to bristol won't be so bad. you'll be in my uni on my course. I'll make sure its nice and lively! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's perhaps the holidays that are bringing this on?

Holidays can be pretty boring for lots of people (including myself), and that can often cause people to feel unhappy, as if they are waking up with out purpose. Were you happy at university?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Going to bristol won't be so bad. you'll be in my uni on my course. I'll make sure its nice and lively! :woo:
    Please do!

ReputationRep:
    Please do!
    Welll I wish you luck with imperial, but if you do end up in Bristol, I'll make sure you have a lot of fun. I like fun:yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.