Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Deleted

ReputationRep:
    No, you won it, you pay for it. Do you not understand how eBay works?

ReputationRep:
    You can return to sender, but you won't get a refund. All bids on ebay are contractual agreements so you're required by law to uphold your end of the deal. Silly girl - shouldn't have bid if she wasn't 100% sure she wanted it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought i was possible to cancel before it was sent, but it counts as a strike on your record? Meh im probably wrong. Its too late now for you anyways.

ReputationRep:
    It's smart people like you that make Ebay a better place. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    I thought i was possible to cancel before it was sent, but it counts as a strike on your record? Meh im probably wrong. Its too late now for you anyways.
    You can withdraw a bid before the auction ends I believe, if that's what you mean?

ReputationRep:
    You won it, pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    I guess i'll just keep it , it was only £5 cd player (wanted a CD/RW)... I could find some use for it.

ReputationRep:
    you will jus have to resell it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    You can withdraw a bid before the auction ends I believe, if that's what you mean?
    No, I thought after you had won, but nothing had been done by either party you could cancel it, but there was a limited number of times you could do this. Must have picked it up wrong.

ReputationRep:
    your going to have to suffer the consequences of your attacks!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSNBOY)
    I guess i'll just keep it , it was only £5 cd player (wanted a CD/RW)... I could find some use for it.
    It's only 5 pounds. Just learn from your mistakes and learn to read the product description.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    No, I thought after you had won, but nothing had been done by either party you could cancel it, but there was a limited number of times you could do this. Must have picked it up wrong.
    Haven't heard of that one although I haven't used eBay like I used to for a good few years now...

ReputationRep:
    Within reason, you bid, you buy. You cannot change your mind and decide you don't want it. That is not how auctions work.

ReputationRep:
    Too bad. She's bid for it, she has to accept it. Besides, it's only £5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikipip)
    I think the best (and fairest) thing to do is to simply resell the item through your ebay account. I've done this when I've ordered items that didn't fit etc. and made a profit sometimes.
    I agree with this. Simply copy the general thrust (paraphrased) of the description of the item that the seller had, and take a good photograph of it. If the item was bought new, be sure to describe the fact that it has not been used by you. You should get your money back and may even make a small profit. If you've never sold anything on ebay before, I can assure you it's very easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSNBOY)
    Well basically , my sister won an item on eBay and doesent want it anymore.

The seller has not responded to any messages although has 100% fb but did answer questions before the aution ended.

2 days later from winning the item I get an email saying it has been posted out . (it was more of an automated message).

What do you reccomend? Should I reject it when the parcel man comes to deliver it and tell him to return to sender?
    Its really up to the seller as to whether to refund the money or not. Especially as this is unwanted and not faulty, I bought an expensive graphical calculator once that I didn't want, so I returned it and got my money back, but not postage.

ReputationRep:
    Did you not read the you're agreeing to a contract to buy the item yellow box?

You're not entitled to your money back. Resell it or nada.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.