Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone here that goes to Henrietta Barnet / got conditional offer for sixth form 2009 watch

ReputationRep:
    If you currently attend Henrietta barnet:
    Does the school do AS and A2 exams in modules (i.e. 1 in January and 1 in June) or both at the same time (june)?

People who got conditional offer for entry into the sixth form in september 2009, did you have an interview? What were your predicted grades? What grades do you need in your gcse results to make the offer permanent, etc.?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    bump..

ReputationRep:
    anyone?? or at least, anyone who applied but didn't get a place?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yup-me!

My predicted grades were 7 A*s and 4 As but everyone only needed 6 As (including the subjects to be taken at AS) once they were offered a conditional place.

In my final results I got 8 A*s and 3 As! Yaay!

x

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going into year 13 now, so I can tell you all about the place! I started out in year 7, and it's a great school. The new labs should be just about ready by the time you arrive as well Feel free to ask me questions about whatever, what subjects are you taking?

I think all subjects are taught in modules, but only some have January exams (this is the choice of department, based on whether it's gonna benefit the majority or not by having a January sitting). Chemistry, Biology and Further Maths all have January exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cohen)
    I'm just going into year 13 now, so I can tell you all about the place! I started out in year 7, and it's a great school. The new labs should be just about ready by the time you arrive as well Feel free to ask me questions about whatever, what subjects are you taking?

I think all subjects are taught in modules, but only some have January exams (this is the choice of department, based on whether it's gonna benefit the majority or not by having a January sitting). Chemistry, Biology and Further Maths all have January exams.

Hi Cohen, i was wondering what exam board you use for chemistry and bio? and for History if u know?
    xx

ReputationRep:
    We're on OCR A, you'll get all your textbooks when you start lessons. Can't help about eng lit or econ, sorry! (But I can ask someone if you'd like)

Not everyone does! I'm musical, so I play in the orchestras (we've got upwards of ten different music ensembles for pretty much anything. At least 2 really great choirs, a symphony orchestra good for grade 4 up, chamber groups, several bands nights a year...). There's lots of different sport things like running, self defence, ballroom dance, rounders, and pretty much anything anyone wants to run, stuff like anime club, scrabble club, etc. Plus a y12 run magazine called the B-corn.

I know plenty of people who don't take part in any of these, and that's fine! You do have compulsory general studies (stuff like art history, philosophy and PE, on a 6 week rota), and compulsory "enrichment" which is stuff like cooking, climbing, horseriding. As far as I know, your year has a similar set-up to ours - you pick what you want to do for the first and second half of autumn, and the first half of spring, and you get let off early on fridays to go do it. Annoying that you don't get to go home early, but some of the courses were pretty good. Our year also gave a lot of feedback, so you'll probably get a better experience than we had.

Doing a bit of extracurricular does look good on your UCAS form, if anything. But you don't have to do LOADS, and most people don't! There's lots of opportunity to just relax in the Loft (the student common room, we've got sofas and a kitchen etc.), or around the grounds which get really nice in the summer.

Where were you at before? Don't worry, you'll be made welcome, I think about half the year will be new! Plus, you'll probably see me on the first day - there's supposed to be a picnic with y12 and 13 - and around in general
    Anything else you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktwe)
    Yup-me!

My predicted grades were 7 A*s and 4 As but everyone only needed 6 As (including the subjects to be taken at AS) once they were offered a conditional place.

In my final results I got 8 A*s and 3 As! Yaay!

x
    u only needed 6 As once they offered the place? ive got a place for 6th form for this year but they want me 2 meet my predicted grades

sorry i know this discussion is a yr old...

ReputationRep:
    OP, for Economics they use Edexcel, and for English Lit they use Edexcel. I found two one their website but do seem actually list the exam board they use for Chemistry. One the other posters said OCR A for Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    @ yashi2010 - interesting! I guess with the new facilities lined up they can afford to be more picky with their criteria. More incredibly picky than they are already!
    Personally, I'm kinda starting to resent getting to spend my final year in a darn building site I'm not gonna benefit from :3
    Still love the place, but I'm finally getting sick of it, haha...
    Any more 2010 entry people with questions?

ReputationRep:
    yashi - what grades were you predicted in the copy encolsed ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi erm I got a place at the sixth form this year and i have to go there on results day to give them my grades but i don't know if they gave me a specified appointment time or if i can go in anytime during 11 to 2:30

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bowlerhatprincess)
    Hi erm I got a place at the sixth form this year and i have to go there on results day to give them my grades but i don't know if they gave me a specified appointment time or if i can go in anytime during 11 to 2:30

:confused:

as far as i know its anytime between 11 and 2:30..
    feeling confident that you've met ur predicted grades?
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm applying this year (wish me luck!), and I was wondering was sort of grades I'd need for a conditional offer, and if I do get an offer will I have to meet my predicted grades or just get a min. of 6 As?

What did most of the sixth form students get for GCSEs? All 12 A*s? Anyone with just 6As?
    I'm predicted great grades, I'm just not sure I'll meet them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yashi2010)
    u only needed 6 As once they offered the place? ive got a place for 6th form for this year but they want me 2 meet my predicted grades

sorry i know this discussion is a yr old...
    How has your experience at this school been?
    Was it easy to fit in with everybody when you joined the sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    Sorry for hi-jacking your thread, but I really want to get into Henrietta Barnett School and was wondering if someone could recommend a tutor in the North London/Redbridge area to help with entrance exams and 11+ preparation.
    Many Thanks
    Young Miss

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i was wondering what board the henrietta barnet school use for science a level?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.