The Student Room Group

My own temptations scare me

I'm not suicidal at all but there is something inside me that wants to experience a near death situation
After work today i was watching a big lorry reverse around a corner i had a sudden temptation to go and lie down on the floor behind it and see what happens. I also have a temptation to jump off high places like bungee jump but without harnesses. Another temptation that is getting harder to fight off is to take my seat belt off open the car door when my dad is driving at 90mph. There's so many different things like this that i want to do. At the point when im thinking of these things they look so appealing but when i think about it later im glad i dont let that feeling take over me.
Im scared that one day i might not be able to fight off the temptation, i really want to stop finding near death experiences attractive
Go to a theme park, they have some good rollercoasters these days :yep:
Reply 2
Screw it - embrace the feeling - you only live once afterall.
Reply 3
JumpingJonny

But i know they're safe i want to do something dangerous
Anonymous
But i know they're safe i want to do something dangerous

Go skydiving, then see if you still want a near death experience?
Reply 5
Aack
Screw it - embrace the feeling - you only live once afterall.

Pun intended :awesome:?
Reply 6
JumpingJonny

What if he takes of the straps?

Anyway, back to the topic, have you spoken to anyone about this? eg. Parents, friends?
Reply 7
Ben77mc
What if he takes of the straps?

Anyway, back to the topic, have you spoken to anyone about this? eg. Parents, friends?

I've spoken to my boyfriend about it and he just tells me to stop being silly and gets angry at me. So I don't like admitting how i feel to anyone, all that happens is that i get shouted at.
Reply 8
I think it's best to talk to a professional about this. It sounds quite serious o:
Reply 9
Skydiving, Bunjee Jumping and Gliding are for you dont kill yourself lol
there are somethings you can do which are dangerous but 'safe' or other thigns which are dangerous and ;dangerous'

example might be, do a standard skydive, which is fairly safe, you can then upgrade to more dangerous styles liek base jumping which are far more dangerous

basiclaly, you can do lots of dangerous things without being SURE of being dead at the end,
Reply 11
I can see whre you are coming from OP, I get these tempatation but deffo not as much as you, like you i just wanna live on the edge
Reply 12
Just have a toss.Its the only solution
Totally get what you mean. It's the addiction to the adrenaline flow afterwards. Go skydiving. Really gets the blood pumping!

Latest