34.41%
    Medicine
    52.69%
    Other (Please Specify)
    12.90%

ReputationRep:
    Personally:

Dentistry > Medicine

I just don't think Medicine is for me. I'm not saying that medicine isn't a good degree but it is fantasic and it really helps but I just don't think I want to be a medic. I am absolutely in love with dentistry though.

So what do you think?

Which do you prefer?

1-0 to Dentistry so far...:woo:

ReputationRep:
    medicine is clearly superior to dentistry

ReputationRep:
    They're both great careers (how very diplomatic of me)

... we need more dentist programmes on TV to glam it up as much as House, ER, Casualty, Holby glams up doctors

ReputationRep:
    Medicine for me, there's a different feel to saving lives and playing around in someone's mouth xD

ReputationRep:
    I say Medicine, cos the only reason people I know are going into dentistry is for the money. People doing medicine at least pretend they're doing it for some noble reasons. :p:

EDIT: there should not be the "other" option on this poll. What's the use of it? This thread is meant to be asking people to choose between medicine and dentistry...

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid thread, we need both medics and dentists period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    They're both great careers (how very diplomatic of me)

... we need more dentist programmes on TV to glam it up as much as House, ER, Casualty, Holby glams up doctors
    That would be awesome!!!

...:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    I say Medicine, cos the only reason people go into dentistry is for the money. People doing medicine at least pretend they're doing it for some noble reasons. :p:

EDIT: there should not be the "other" option on this poll. What's the use of it? This thread is meant to be asking people to choose between medicine and dentistry...
    Very very untrue.

And maybe I will take the other option out but you will have to tell me how to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Examboy*)
    Very very untrue.

And maybe I will take the other option out but you will have to tell me how to.
    Well that's from the people I know in real life. Obviously overall that won't be true. I'll edit my post to make it clear.

ReputationRep:
    More money in dentistry

ReputationRep:
    oh since there is an "other" option, i choose VETS!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why is this in A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    I'll put a bid in for the pharmacists .. (as it's something I'm considering. It's out of that or med for me)

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping to see an "ULTIMATE Apples vs Oranges" thread in general discussion. Upon further research, I am sorely disappointed there isn't one.

ReputationRep:
    Chemical engineering ftw lol

ReputationRep:
    Lol that "other" option has rendered this poll useless. Everyone will just vote for their own degree choice ("other" if it isn't med or dentistry), so you will end up with a poll showing what we all knew already - there are more medics on here than dentists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    Why is this in A-levels?
    Didn't quite know where to put it to be honest.

Feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate but I wanted people to make a decision after A-levels to pick one of these so it kind of makes sense...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmsG)
    Chemical engineering ftw lol
    Lol, actually considered this myself along with Pharmacy.

Dentistry FTW though...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Examboy*)
    Lol, actually considered this myself along with Pharmacy.

Dentistry FTW though...:yep:
    Yeah was looking at pharmacy aswell, but doesnt really take my fancy.

Not smart enough for dentistry and such.. and i dont think i'd have the hand eye co-ordination for it haha

ReputationRep:
    Medicine FTW!!!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.