Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Now I don't usually have a problem with my girlfriend having guy friends but I can't help but feel this is a little different...

My girlfriend has been friends with this guy for ages before I met her (throughout her previous relationship) and that was no problem. One day he sends her an email telling her that he plans to blow his house up or words to that effect.. Something really odd it was... At the time he used to call my girlfriend by pet names.. (something which irritated me but I let go on because it had been like that for ages)... He also used to flirt with her like mad, but because my girlfriend is so naive to all this.. she thought he was being friendly. I honestly believe her when she says that!

This guy really has problems. He is obsessed with guns and war and swords etc.. He carries around knives and screwdrivers and takes pleasure in getting drunk in the middle of the day etc...

About a year ago now him and I had an argument.. I told him guns should be banned and he flipped out and ofc my girlfriend took my side. She blocked all contact with him because of the things he said to me.

My girlfriend, a few days ago, gets a message on facebook from her ex's new girlfriend (of all people)... She asks whether he knows this guy... She says yes... Apparently he was obsessed with my girlfriend and talked about her all the time even though when they last spoke this was a year ago!

I tell her we should add him on msn and only speak to him when we are together just to see what all this was about... She was fine with this until last night when I was out with my friends... she calls me and asks if she can talk to him... Not wanting to say no and stop her I agreed... All is well and good, she speaks to him... When I got back.. with her permission I signed into her msn and started talking to him pretending to be her...

Now I am usually quite tolerant but this guy is SUCH a kiss arse that it wound me up so badly.. Whenever I contradicted him he would change his view on things in line with mine.. (what he thought was hers)...

He also told me that he was drinking at the time (surprise surprised) and sharpening his sword... (what an odd ball)

Now... tonight.. my girlfriend was on msn talking to him.. I got a text telling me not to sign onto her msn at all... she didn't want me reading this conversation.. She got overalay defensive.. She wouldn't tell me what they were talking about and even lies about what happens to the chat logs... She usually tells me everything so I just don't know what to think atm...
    :eek3: :woo:

Any suggestions as to what I should do next? She won't tell me what they were talking about and she's not usually that defensive.. It was really out of character..

This guy is seriously no good for her... How can I get her to see this?

ReputationRep:
    steady mate, i can just see this ending up with you and your girlfriend getting slashed after this guy gets drunk and flips out!

Aside fro mthat I would just leave it, let him fancy her but never talk to her.

But he does talk to her.. That's the problem lol

I don't know what they talk about My gf usually tells me EVERYTHING.. so it doesn't feel right..

ReputationRep:
    then its obvious... you slash him first.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you aren't comfortable with it in a nice way, don't make it sound like you're giving her an ultimatum because that's just never nice.

ReputationRep:
    Challenge him to a duel if he thinks he's such a zomg war and swords master? In reality he's probably a spindly pale spotty greasy haired drunk right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    steady mate, i can just see this ending up with you and your girlfriend getting slashed after this guy gets drunk and flips out!
    I just had a funny mental image of the guy turning up at your house drunk, driving a Tank haha.

(Original post by fire2burn)
    Challenge him to a duel if he thinks he's such a zomg war and swords master? In reality he's probably a spindly pale spotty greasy haired drunk right?
    Got it in one...

I know she's not cheating on me with this... But... he is just.. not good news lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Got it in one...

I know she's not cheating on me with this... But... he is just.. not good news lol
    He's probably no threat then, just living in his silly fantasy world. Your girlfriend probably pities him more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    OMG this post is so exciting something out of hollyoaks

ReputationRep:
    Knife Fight!!!

ReputationRep:
    Carries knives around?

Damn....

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a **** about it, my boyfriend accused me of cheating on him and being secerative( when there were just old friends ive not seen in years) so much so he's just recently hacked my facebook and recovered all my deleted messages. I think it's simply pathetic, that' hes broken up with me for talking to guys as friends.

If you really love her, talk to her about him, respect that she is friends with him. I mean warn her to be safe with him, I'm sure she has a brain, but talk to her about how she feels. Just don't get involved. she will repsect you more for letting her make her own decisions.

ReputationRep:
    be really indifferent to it, will make him crazy ^^ also your gf will respect your not prying into things she doesnt want you too, ultimately making him less of a threat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Got it in one...

his name wouldnt be anthony (goes by the name varus) would it, cos he sounds like a wierd ass freak i know

ReputationRep:
    He sounds a bit strange, but I doubt your girlfriend likes him that way. She might be helping him out, giving him advice or something if he needs help and it could be confidential - if he's telling her private stuff and trusting in her it wouldn't be fair for you to be reading such a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    the other guy is just a loser. hes been friend zoned a while ago and he still wants her,but she cant see it because she thinks he's being friendly. hes suffering from one-itis. he needs to find someone else. I'm actually sorry that you're in this position but tell the guy you won't get her
    its like the other guy is begging to be with her, and its coming off as needy and clingy.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with liking swords and guns?

ReputationRep:
    If I hide conversations from my partner, it's usually only when a friend is telling me something personal about them, that I can't really share with anyone. Maybe that's what's happening?

Anyway - be careful of crazy, drunken sword enthusiasts. I happen to know someone who was attacked by a samurai-sword bearing drunk, who thought his missus was cheating on him. Nasty.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.